Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,810
25 minutes ago, admin said:

I mean, two things. One, is they pushed two songs, neither of which took off like they hoped. At the end of the day, you cannot force a hit. People blame payola and endless promotion, but truly, a hit becomes a hit because people like it. Sometimes, you need lots of promo/radio/tik tok for a song to get noticed and become a hit - but a real hit becomes one because people really like it.

Stupid Love they always thought was gonna be frontloaded from its rollout, and when they delayed the era they could've planned a proper single 3 just in case seeing as SL wasn't that hot... And then they even did an amazing MV just to send the song to Greek and Italian radio :bradley:

Like I say hopefully they know this isn't ideal and are planning an amazing re release... With this music now at Gaga's age it'll always be an uphill battle but they can't have believed stupid love was a smash and no plan after ROM.

Tbh I think her being able to smash and solo smash is with HAC ballads anyway she's got the voice and she's at the age but different argument different day lol 

A Popster Is Born 12,810
11 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Y’all keep talking about “radio-friendly” like Basic Woman or Forever Alice 21 but when has Gaga ever been radio friendly?

One of the biggest songs on pop radio last year was also one of the obscurest - remember Bad Guy? 

None of the Chromatica tracks would smash. 911 was at least kind of connecting on streaming, it was the right choice... At least push it. Fun Tonight would literally only possibly chart on US Charts, cause radio means nothing else where lol 

Kindness Admin 7,530
Just now, DeanClownchester said:

Nnnnn not FADed above Shallow :dean_scream:

I have literally no idea what song that is

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 7,530
2 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

By Alan Walker, huge European hit of 2015. 

Listening now, truly never in my life heard it before. It's crazy how local all of our lives are sometimes.

Anyway, :rat:-life

A Popster Is Born 16,835
2 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

911 sounds like an ARTPOOP song :fall:

That would be STUPID LOVE

911 is classic Gaga done right :crowned:

A Popster Is Born 16,835

from ATRL, about Adele's album

"As I said in the deleted thread: ealier this year we were told that she was releasing on Nov 20th, it was supposedly changed but everyone is avoiding releasing on that day. "

Adele changed her sched to give way to CHROMATICA re-release.. 

:shakes:

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 16,835

Hot Dance/Electronic Songs

16(+3) Sour Candy - 20weeks

about to break the record for Korean Acts

Hangover by Psy ft Snoop Dogg - 21 weeks

Gentleman by Psy - 20 weeks

Daddy by Psy ft CL - 20 weeks

Waste It On Me by Steve Aoki ft BTS - 20 weeks

• paws up 4