Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Moderator 17,110
42 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Not you bringing Taylor’s weakest market. 

Folklores latest position on the German album charts is #86 (-19) and the album is N/A on the midweek charts. If Folklore exits the album charts today it means, that it will only have 11 weeks on the chart with a #5 peak. Three of these weeks in the top 10 just like Chromatica btw.

Chromatica was already a flop but if my prediction is true folklore will be a bigger flop than ARTPOP or Chromatica here. Both of Taylor's last albums also did better.

Folklore is a commercial disappointment in most countries.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708
3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Idk what youre tryng to say but this list shows in some countries Folklore did better and in some other Chromatica did better so thanks for proving my point i guess.

Folklore is doing better in a lot more countries and without a smash hit a la ROM 

So yeah we can say an album is doing better WW.  
You should change your way of « Proving my point » 

Moderator 17,110

Chromatica vs Folklore

Canada Folklore wins

Australia Folklore wins

New Zealand Folklore wins

UK Folklore wins

US Folklore wins

Germany Chromatica wins

France Chromatica wins

Italy Chromatica wins

Sweden Chromatica wins

Denmark Folklore wins

Norway Folklore wins

Spain Chromatica wins

Belgium Folklore wins

Austria Chromatica wins

Ireland Folklore wins

Switzerland Chromatica wins

Chromatica 7 wins

Folklore 9 wins

That's not a huge difference.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708
6 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Folklore is a commercial disappointment in most countries.

Gurl 

Read the WW Chartruns of Folklore and Chromatica 

If Folklore is a commercial disappointment then Chromatica is what ? 
Both did a fantastic debut but it appears that Folklore has a better longevity in a lot more countries

End of the story.

• sad 1

Popster This Way 519

The way we could have scored an epicly loud frontloaded era instead of a greatly quiet one if Corona didn't pull a Beyonce on the entire world, and ruined Chrimatica's original promo schedule

IMG_20190704_012342.jpg.f65f8c04f4d8c5a4

A Popster Is Born 12,807
26 minutes ago, Andreu said:

my point is that cherry picking works both ways and I don't think one album is doing  alot better than the other one WW.

It's not lol..thank god for USA, China, AUS and NZ. 

I mean even in UK if nothing changes for Folklore it's in danger of doing less weeks than Joanne 

OT:

*denotes active era, most countries its either OUT or on its last legs:

UK:

Chromatica 19* Vs. Joanne 22 vs ARTPOP 16

Chromatica was a multi week #1, however, it may struggle to match #3 peaking Joanne's sales which are South of 200k 

Spain:

Chromatica 20* vs. Joanne 52 vs. Artpop 30

Italy:

Chromatica 20* vs. Joanne 28 vs. ARTPOP 25

France:

Chromatica 19* vs. Joanne 20 vs. ARTPOP 18

Portugal (Top 30 only):

Chromatica 9  vs. Joanne 2 Vs. ARTPOP 3 

Netherlands:

Chromatica 19* Vs. Joanne 20 Vs. ARTPOP 17 

Sweden (Top 60):

Chromatica 11 vs. Joanne 6 vs. ARTPOP 26 

Norway 

Chromatica 12 vs. Joanne 11 Vs. ARTPOP 16

Denmark 

Chromatica 5 vs. Joanne 2 vs. ARTPOP 3

Switzerland 

Chromatica 19* vs. Joanne 20 vs. ARTPOP 15

As of now they are evenly matched, similar sized eras all 3 with negatives and positives. Artpop and Chromatica at least have hits in these countries, Chromatica has better peaks. Bare in mind Joanne re entered multiple times, especially when ASIB came out.. Chromatica could re enter. 

Considering they were called flops it's not great for Chromatica to be scraping past or not winning, but ultimately it will end up bigger WW if promo and they put effort in. 

Moderator 17,110
9 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Gurl 

Read the WW Chartruns of Folklore and Chromatica 

If Folklore is a commercial disappointment then Chromatica is what ? 
Both did a fantastic debut but it appears that Folklore has a better longevity in a lot more countries

End of the story.

The fact that Taylor, arguably the biggest pop star of the last century is now on par with a commercial disappointment like Chromatica is a damning statement for her. They are not far from each other which is way worse for Taylor then it is for Gaga.

Edited by corvus albus
  • thanks 5

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

US Pop Radio:

#9. Kings & Queens (+2) *new peak*

— Spins: 9,721 (+207)

— Audience: 40.761M (+0.996M) :rat:

A Dua sized payola but we'll pretend we don't see it :ally:

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

The fact that Taylor, arguably the biggest pop star of the last century is now on par with a commercial disappointment like Chromatica is a damning statement for her. They are not far from each other which is way worse or Taylor then it is for Gaga.

Spot on 

my issue is with the Swifties and OGH that have been losing it. They have been dragging Chromatica for months like it's low hanging fruit, and now it's out charting it, its become clear they were using Chromatica to make folkore look better, an album they said is a bomb. Chromatica also  out charted folkore in Japan too and in Eastern Europe.

Ph4gs are success stans. When Chromatica came out every called it AOTY because of its Spotify debut. Then it was 'Chromatica was never getting AOTY, Folkore destroyed it' and now 'folkore wasn't good it was just an artistry project' :dean_scream:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708

a commercial disappointment when Folklore debuted with 80M streams on Spotify The first day :awkney:

Yikes 

I guess we all have our own standard of a «commercial disappointment » 

A Popster Is Born 12,807

WW sales (according to Google):

Artpop 2.5m

Joanne 2.5m

I know people say ARTPOP sold 4m and Joanne 3m but idk that sounds too much.. I think Chromatica is probably at 1.8m~ WW. I think she will do 2.3m WW in the end as the minimum... 2.7m as maximum 

Popster for Sale 44,632

People use the word flop and commercial disappointment way too loosely here. According to your standarts there are like 2 or 3 successful mainstream albums a year... of course everyone's always disapointed with gaga's performance because the standarts are always super high. Even ROM's run was filled with negativity while it was followed even though it was clearly a hit. 

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 4