Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

1 hour ago, Andreu said:

This was random

We drag the Dua Poopas &co, but The weeknd has been serving desperation even more.

100 remixes for in your eyes (still wont take off) remixed it with Doja Dog (bombed), collab with calvin harris (bombed), collab with juice (bombed).

The fact that nothing outside of Blinding Lights became a hit and he TRIED super hard.

Also After Hours is not a good album at all, he keeps doing the same sound over and over again, no growth.

If he wins AOTY (doesn't deserve it) it will be only because of affirmative actions.

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2
55 minutes ago, Yanko said:

the way everyone will pretend BMH was bigger than rom because of this jnjkdn even though its just radio spam

Yeah, but at least ROM is much bigger worldwide. The US lacks taste

Pop-a-911-ster 31,705
12 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

UK midweek album update:

#36 - Folklore 

#53 - Heaven and Hell 

Chromatica - N/A

Mess! 

spacer.png

But I was told by a certain user that Floklore was a non event and local and Chromatica a massive success and global

what happened ? 

Popster for Sale 41,775
13 minutes ago, Miaou said:

But I was told by a certain user that Floklore was a non event and local and Chromatica a massive success and global

what happened ? 

They will play the Anglosphere card

Edited by beng

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
8 minutes ago, entela said:

We drag the Dua Poopas &co, but The weeknd has been serving desperation even more.

100 remixes for in your eyes (still wont take off) remixed it with Doja Dog (bombed), collab with calvin harris (bombed), collab with juice (bombed).

The fact that nothing outside of Blinding Lights became a hit and he TRIED super hard.

Also After Hours is not a good album at all, he keeps doing the same sound over and over again, no growth.

If he wins AOTY (doesn't deserve it) it will be only because of affirmative actions.

I agree with something you said and disagree with some others.

1. You're right, she did all the tricks he could do to boost his sales: a million 7" vinyl versions for Heartless and Blinding Lights (like Taylor), multiple features for the same song (like Dua), remixes with trendy artists like Doja Cat and Lil Uzi Vert, merch bundles every week etc. But the streams were there as well, unlike with other artists whose songs are #1 on Radio and #87 on Spotify.

2. I feel like Blinding Lights is so big, it killed the chances for any other single of the album to really take off and her collabs flopped, but her collabs he did before the AH era flopped even harder and this didnt prevent him from having a massive succeess.

3. AH is nowhere near his best album in my opinion, but to say it's the same as his last projects is unfair and a lie.

50 minutes ago, entela said:

lol

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2

Gaga's Top 25 Biggest Songs in Scotland

This list is based on its performance on the chart and I used the inverse point system to calculate it.

[BOLD/ITALICS = STILL CHARTING]

1. Shallow - 6,756
2. Always Remember Us This Way - 3,196
3. Bad Romance - 3,183
4. The Edge of Glory - 2,695
5. Telephone - 2,666
6. Poker Face - 2,535
7. Born This Way - 2,486
8. I'll Never Love Again - 1,883
9. Just Dance - 1,840
10. Rain On Me - 1,744
11. Paparazzi - 1,547
12. Alejandro - 1,517
13. Stupid Love - 1,273
14. Applause - 1,212
15. Million Reasons - 1,179
16. Judas - 1,165
17. Do What U Want - 1,093
18. Marry The Night - 951
19. You and I - 920
20. The Cure - 849
21. Perfect Illusion - 472
22. LoveGame - 367
23. Is That Alright? - 316
24. Chillin' - 192
25. Sour Candy - 154

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807

I honestly think if Folkore gets nothing else push wise it'll be out quickly too in the UK. It may fall 16 places today to #36 from #20. Chromatica was #46 in its 12th week. Alas winter is coming and it'll help an album like folkore plus she's the Queen of marketing so they'll save it I think.

Chromatica will literally need everything and the kitchen sink throwing at it to get more weeks. I think it'll beat Joanne's 22 weeks, albums on the UK Chart tend to exit and re enter... I hope... 

UK Midweek Chart:

#15 The Album - Blackpink, down 13 positions 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09