Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 31,823
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Beyond the overall delusion and extreme inflation, the real kii is someone thinking Video Mess sold 2.2M units :rip:

and Miss Clownleta believes him :rip:

• lol 1

8 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Paparazzi could have been #1 if her team didn't mess up :rip:

Paparazzi had it's peak in Sweden during the Alejandro era with both Alejandro and Telephone in the top 10, she was so massive back then but her team was still was just as messy when it comes to singles as they are now :rip:

• sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,727
56 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

his production on chromatica is fu**ing fantastic, soo i dont know what you talking about

Maybe its just a matter of taste. I tend to prefer more crowded and dynamic productions a la btw or artpop, whereas chromatica for me sounds a little too repetitive and predictive. I love little details and unexpected twists in the production.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,939
x3

Wow i wasnt online for a couple hours and already all these pages:abel_glow:

Did i miss anything? Is Chromatica still underperforming and Shallow still slaying? Any news from miss Alicia? Is her the new single?

• lol 1

2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I feel like Million Reasons should have been the Joanne lead with Perfect Illusion as the second single 

(MR with a different video ofc)

Should been 
A-YO
MR
JW(video only)
TC (added to streaming as a bonus track + MV)
Joanne with an actual single push for the grammys :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 519
Just now, Delusional said:

I feel like Million Reasons should have been the Joanne lead with Perfect Illusion as the second single 

I still believe they should have gone for A-Yo, because, despite it being pretty upbeat, it best represents the whole Joanne's "country-pop" vibe!

But at the end of the day I wouldn't change anything of that era, even Perfect Bomb slumping chart-run :ally:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,727
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

This. They were afraid to allienate the fanbase but that was always going to happen anyways so might as well push the good commercially viable and radio friendly song as a single instead of a song that's sort of reminescent of the gaga-brand but without a good hook and with overwhelming vocals. 

It would have been a different story for Joanne if they pushed MR first imo. It still turned out fine because of the SB but yeah

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 10,029

A-Yo was the perfect intro to the Joanne era IMO, a mix of Shake It Off beat while still being country influenced and a bop!

I loved Perfect Illusion and appreciate it more than most of her leads but A-YO would have slapped with a great video

then Million Reasons around SuperBowl time, I'm sure if released then with the push it could have gone more than #4 and 20 weeks charting

then Dancin In Circles in the summer

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Mylo said:

The way this country-pop, banging jam™ still goes off though, poor Diggin' My Grave

mZjnCQX.gif

I remember one of my best friend was a OGH and hated Perfect Illusion but really loved A-YO bc she found it good lyrically, she loved the production and her vocals on it, calling it mature yet still fun, pop but not dumb.

she now likes Gaga because of Five Foot Two, A Star is Born and her performance in front of the presidents

A-YO was the perfect intro, and she missed it

• paws up 2

1 minute ago, Mylo said:

The way this country-pop, banging jam™ still goes off though, poor Diggin' My Grave

mZjnCQX.gif

I think it actually had potential to be a decent sized hit, it was higher then MR after SNL, although A-Yo was a newer song but still. 

• thanks 1

Perfect Illusion is literally perfect as it is. An angry energy rush that hypes you up and wears you down at the same time. Wearing out part killed its single potential but she transferred her energy through that song like no other. Dont talk sh*t about that song.

• paws up 5