Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2
6 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Weekly Spotify streams 2 years after release for the biggest Spotify songs:

Shallow: 7.25M (#88)

Shape of You: 7.1M (#86)
Rockstar: 6.8M (#85)
Believer: 6.4M (#105)
Perfect: 6.2M (#119)
Say You Won't Let Go: 5.1M (#146)
One Dance: 5M (#136)
Closer: 4.8M (#125)
God's Plan: 4.8M (#194)
Havana: 4.7M (#185)

Shallow is the biggest song of all time :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 12,808
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I know this isn’t how Gaga works - but I hope she starts to release material more often or atleast more droplets, it could really help her streaming power and overall I think the less you dwell on material the better it becomes 

she needs a clean bandit and a calvin harris feature

the chromatica re-release needs a bad bunny collab and a cardi song. its how she should work, she should be like her peers lol

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
1 minute ago, Gypsy Life said:

Spotify streams 2 years after release for the biggest Spotify songs:

wow this is insane 

Shallow is doing Shape Of You's longevity  I- 

A Popster Is Born 11,830
14 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Weekly Spotify streams 2 years after release for the biggest Spotify songs:

8 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Shallow is the biggest song of all time :oscar:

Indeed it is! We finally achieved it, brother monsters. We slayed those sluts!

• paws up 1
  • lol 5
  • yaas, gaga 1

Of course Beyawnce made her music unavailable everywhere in 2016. How else could she inflate the numbers on Tidal?

What a fraud family The Cartels are...

How interesting that the second criminal investigations on Tidal started, her career has served bomb after bomb.

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

16 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I know this isn’t how Gaga works - but I hope she starts to release material more often or atleast more droplets, it could really help her streaming power and overall I think the less you dwell on material the better it becomes 

Yeah, she should atleast drop 1 stand alone single like the cure or a collab in between album eras. 

• paws up 3

The Fame Popster 305
5 minutes ago, entela said:

Of course Beyawnce made her music unavailable everywhere in 2016. How else could she inflate the numbers on Tidal?

What a fraud family The Cartels are...

How interesting that the second criminal investigations on Tidal started, her career has served bomb after bomb.

She hasn’t even released a solo album since 2016. Of course Everything is Love, Black is King, and Homecoming would underperform commercially in comparison to her previous work. It’s clear that Beyoncé does not care about commercial success and is interested in creating art that celebrates and empowers Black people. She doesn’t even need another hit because she’s proved herself to be one of the best entertainers in the game multiple times. 

• lol 3

1 minute ago, Hejira said:

She hasn’t even released a solo album since 2016. Of course Everything is Love, Black is King, and Homecoming would underperform commercially in comparison to her previous work. It’s clear that Beyoncé does not care about commercial success and is interested in creating art that celebrates and empowers Black people. She doesn’t even need another hit because she’s proved herself to be one of the best entertainers in the game multiple times. 

She does care about success,

1. That why she is quick to jump on remix of any song that is about to do anything or collab with hottest star of the moment (Gaga, Nicki, Eminen, Coldyplay, Ed and so on)

2. She faked streams to manipulate, that literal definition of caring about commercial success.

For the rest, i agree performance of her side projects shouldn't be considered as performance of studio albums. Also, she has nothing left to prove

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
2 minutes ago, Malazam said:

Do we know anything about the Tour? Are the shows sold out or what?

why should we care about a tour that won't happen at the end

spacer.png

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

1 minute ago, zoldyck said:

She does care about success,

1. That why she is quick to jump on remix of any song that is about to do anything or collab with hottest star of the moment (Gaga, Nicki, Eminen, Coldyplay, Ed and so on)

2. She faked streams to manipulate, that literal definition of caring about commercial success.

For the rest, i agree performance of her side projects shouldn't be considered as performance of studio albums. Also, she has nothing left to prove

That's an ongoing investigation. Nothing proved.

Also, jumping on remixes like she does makes her stay in the GP's mouth, she's just smart.

I mean, I don't think her next solo project will top Lemonade, msotly because if it's the same thing she's been doing.. but it will surely do numbers + she can sell out stadiums worldwide whenever she wants.

• paws up 2

2 minutes ago, Malazam said:

Shallow is a monster smash, like maybe I was too distracted with the red carpets and awards but I didn't see it becoming this big.

us talking about about Shallow during it debut weeks are still iconic, none of us saw this coming: "no one will stream and no radio will play it with those crowd noises" "Shallow is a cute buzz single before INLA gets the real single treatment" "where is the trailer version? no one will care for this" :shakes:

• paws up 1
  • lol 5

1 minute ago, Malazam said:

Also, jumping on remixes like she does makes her stay in the GP's mouth, she's just smart.

So she does care about commercial success, that why she wants to stay in the GP's mouth. 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,923
x3
Just now, artgagapop said:

us talking about about Shallow during it debut weeks are still iconic, none of us saw this coming: "no one will stream and no radio will play it with those crowd noises" "Shallow is a cute buzz single before INLA gets the real single treatment" "where is the trailer version? no one will care for this" :shakes:

i still remember our iconic and over the top( as usual) meltdowns that Shallow will flop cause of that crowd noises :rip:

or that Gaga didnt promote The Cure and instead she did ASIB that it will certainly flop:rip:

:oscar:

• thanks 2

The Fame Popster 305
Just now, little legend said:

i still remember our iconic and over the top( as usual) meltdowns that Shallow will flop cause of that crowd noises :rip:

or that Gaga didnt promote The Cure and instead she did ASIB that it will certainly flop:rip:

:oscar:

I literally lost an online friendship because I argued about how A Star is Born will be a commercial success and it’ll be critically acclaimed based on the reviews it received before the Venice Film Festival. They called me delusional so I told them to bookmark me saying that ASIB’s box office will be similar to La La Land’s. I showed them the screenshot a year later and they blocked me. :oscar:

• paws up 1
  • lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 3

Just now, zoldyck said:

So she does care about commercial success, that why she wants to stay in the GP's mouth. 

I don't think she cares about positions or commercial success as some people paint it, like addicted to numbers? Nah. But as an artist, I don't anyone would like to fade you know?

The Fame Popster 305

I don't think she cares about positions or commercial success as some people paint it, like addicted to numbers? Nah. But as an artist, I don't anyone would like to fade you know?

I kind of would want to if I were an artist to be honest. I wonder how it’s like to be Sade or Lorde who release an album once in a blue moon and fade into obscurity for years.  :classic_ninja:

That’s aside from the point though. Beyoncé cares more about contributing to culture rather than fixating on numbers that don’t mean anything in the end. Her remixes are either made for donations to charity or they are made just for fun. Even if she did release those remixes for commercial success, Beyoncé’s still under a record label after all.

fair point, but her remixes jump are always way too much calculated.

Jumping on J Balvin song just after Despacito worldwide success.

or ED song during divide era

or Megan song as it was blowing up on tik tok

And during those times, she had Carter album and Gift album. If it was just for the sake of saving her from fading away than those things should have suffice.  

• paws up 4