Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

I noticed it being frontloaded on the third day of release and got crucified for it on the old thread with AM Egypt receipts and cries of 'the riots!!' :rip:

that sound isn't popular coming from a woman of Gaga's age, it's appealing to gays which isolates a lot of demographics - her label probably expected it... Either way for the sound that  it is we have a global hit and it'll still scan WW certs so :shakes:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
10 minutes ago, Miaou said:

UK
#7 (-1) Folklore  01-01-01-02-03-08-05-06-07- (9 weeks)

Ireland
#3 (=) Folklore  01-03-01-01-02-01-03-03-03-03- (9 weeks)

vs Chromatica

UK (first 9 weeks) 01-01-02-03-06-08-14-25-28

Ireland (first 9 weeks) 01-01-05-06-08-12-19-30-40

:rip: the way Taylor is stomping on us in term of longevity :rip: And she doesn't have a smash hit a la ROM, no VMA performance and no new MV:rip: The GP is clearly not here for a Gaga album with a Chromatica sound in 2020 anyway :classic_mellow: I'm afraid only her old fans and the pop culture stans love the dance/EDM sound with Gaga but the GP is saying NO :horse_race:

And the COVID excuse doesn't work cause Taylor didn't promote the album either :katy_pie:

Please this is not an hate comment about Gaga, I'm just trying to be unbiased but we have to admit that the performance of Chromatica is disappointing if we talk about longevity. 

Actually i would blame stans more because liddos love to complain all the time but won't buy stuff. I mean taylor drops new bundles and she sells 20k with ease, liddos would buy 1k bundles max :rip:

Also i don't think sound is an issue, because other one would do the same in same conditions if not worse. It's mostly because of her break.

Also taylor just had award perfomance too at award show that has better ratings, maybe she didn't drop MV but she had tons of other stuff which keep boosting her album week to week causing big jumps and drops (it dropped 64% last week and jumped 89%  this week for example.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I noticed it being frontloaded on the third day of release and got crucified for it on the old thread with AM Egypt receipts and cries of 'the riots!!' :rip:

that sound isn't popular coming from a woman of Gaga's age, it's appealing to gays which isolates a lot of demographics - her label probably expected it... Either way for the sound that  it is we have a global hit and it'll still scan WW certs so :shakes:

exactly 

At least her monthly listeners are amazing and she has another WW hit that Taylor can't relate since LWYMD :shakes:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
2 minutes ago, Applause said:

Actually i would blame stans more because liddos love to complain all the time but won't buy stuff. I mean taylor drops new bundles and she sells 20k with ease, liddos would buy 1k bundles max :rip:

Also i don't think sound is an issue, because other one would do the same in same conditions if not worse. It's mostly because of her break.

Also taylor just had award perfomance too at award show that has better ratings, maybe she didn't drop MV but she had tons of other stuff which keep boosting her album week to week causing big jumps and drops (it dropped 64% last week and jumped 89%  this week for example.

yeah but all the Taylor stuffs are for the US 

I'm talking outside the US and Chromatica chart-runs are disappointing everywhere. Folklore has a better longevity than Chromatica almost everywhere (except France)

A Popster Is Born 16,279
1 minute ago, Miaou said:

yeah but all the Taylor stuffs are for the US 

I'm talking outside the US and Chromatica chart-runs are disappointing everywhere. Folklore has a better longevity than Chromatica almost everywhere (except France)

well stans part still stands. Taylor pure sales are probably much better, which also helps in better overall positions. 

In general I would say Chromatica streams are great but pure sales are disappointing especially considering liddos used to be buying force.

1 minute ago, Miaou said:

exactly 

At least her monthly listeners are amazing and she has another WW hit that Taylor can't relate since LWYMD :shakes:

Tea.

Remember Taylor is so straight down the line to GP and is doing music for her age, I think had Gaga done a HAC album, with a few male artist collabs, and released in fall with some promo spots she'd have built on her ASIB sound and success and be having a much better era commercially.

Not many artists would have an era like ASIB last year, and then return to a sound from years ago they started underperforming with at Gaga's age - especially in a climate where a Gaga era can't thrive (she likes to be everywhere to sell the music). But, she's rewarding her fanbase for sticking by her through that gap and HAC venture - and its much better long term. 

This year she added another global hit along with last years smash, has been adding to her awards already, served amazing music videos, and at least she's had the front and load - amazing debuts and peaks are good receipts to GP and in general. I'm sure this will be another era we look back on and think actually it performed decently. Not a smash, but not a flop either. She'll edge out Joanne and ARTPOP and with a #1 single this time. :-) 

:unamused:

• yaas, gaga 1

16 minutes ago, Applause said:

And f words actively avoided streaming SL and THEN complained about its Spotify stats :rip:

• lol 1

10 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

And f words actively avoided streaming SL and THEN complained about its Spotify stats :rip:

Fans were the ones that gave her the top 10 for SL, and the top 15 for PI, and probably the #1 for C2C.

Her core fanbase doesn't like that music at all, but supported her. Her fans don't have the same power as before, no, but they're definitely still there vs how Katy/Britney performs.. if they can get songs that are frontloaded af like SL or PI to top 15.

It's GP who make a song, but a fanbase will help - even Justin's base can't make Yummy solely a hit, eventually you run out of tactics - you have to draw in casual listeners too lol - and what I think has the best chance of drawing in casual listeners for Gaga is a HAC based music sound combined with performance spots - old people like her, and gays will give her that support no matter what which helps the initial two weeks. 

But I'd still call Chromatica successful and say she has solo power in the dance pop field. It's also down to the song, having it dance pop won't make it flop - it's just a harder battle for Gaga's age. Young music consumers get there mindless ho bops from young 25 Yr olds now lol 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Please this is not an hate comment about Gaga, I'm just trying to be unbiased but we have to admit that the performance of Chromatica is disappointing if we talk about longevity. 

I disagree. We all know that longevity is important but it's also important to do promo during the release, and the weeks after it, because it's during that period that album sells the most.

That period of time was completely thrown away, and we are silly to expect now the numbers we could've had back there 

You can't compare Taylor's selling power to Gaga's.

I don't think Gaga's numbers are fanbased only, the album is still not widely known like folklore which took social media by storm. Gaga put the album out and literally the United States went to full chaos mode that same night.

If the roll out planned happened, Chromatica would be 10x bigger than it's today.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
1 minute ago, Malazam said:

I disagree. We all know that longevity is important but it's also important to do promo during the release, and the weeks after it, because it's during that period that album sells the most.

That period of time was completely thrown away, and we are silly to expect now the numbers we could've had back there 

You can't compare Taylor's selling power to Gaga's.

I don't think Gaga's numbers are fanbased only, the album is still not widely known like folklore which took social media by storm. Gaga put the album out and literally the United States went to full chaos mode that same night.

If the roll out planned happened, Chromatica would be 10x bigger than it's today.

I don't think so

Gaga performed at VMAs and the album didn't even re-enter in the top 30 in the US, UK, Ireland, France, Australia...etc same with the MV of 911

It's just disappointing.  But I'm not surprised cause the sound of the album is not what the GP expect for a Lady Gaga album in 2020 anyway. Her dance/EDM sound are for her old stans and she pleased her old fanbase. I admire her for going back to her old sound tho. It's just that GP is not here for that and it's okay. 

how you can say that the album is still not widely known while Rain On Me is a WW smash ? Also SL and ROM had great support from the radios in a lot of countries (UK, Australia, Canada...etc) except in the US obviously. 

• paws up 2

1 hour ago, chartgaga said:

same, either the 911 video streams weren't counted properly, it did 9k SEA last week and now 10k, it can't only add 1k units with the boost it got on Spotify/YouTube/AM

Omg. Did the views not count with only Chromatica 3 being credited on the video? Lol

Your obessision to think locally is alarming...she's a GLOBAL superstar and the numbers don't lie.

Yall are super deluded if you think gays only, are giving her still 4-5 M daily streams for Chromatica on Spotify 4 months later.

If that was the case the album would be performing like Katy Perrished's latest bomb, when in fact it's her fastest to hit 1B.

Also globally sps it's on par with duo lipos album, which is considered a success(??!!) so I don't understand the constant whining.

• paws up 2

39 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Fans were the ones that gave her the top 10 for SL, and the top 15 for PI, and probably the #1 for C2C.

Her core fanbase doesn't like that music at all, but supported her. Her fans don't have the same power as before, no, but they're definitely still there vs how Katy/Britney performs.. if they can get songs that are frontloaded af like SL or PI to top 15.

It's GP who make a song, but a fanbase will help - even Justin's base can't make Yummy solely a hit, eventually you run out of tactics - you have to draw in casual listeners too lol - and what I think has the best chance of drawing in casual listeners for Gaga is a HAC based music sound combined with performance spots - old people like her, and gays will give her that support no matter what which helps the initial two weeks. 

But I'd still call Chromatica successful and say she has solo power in the dance pop field. It's also down to the song, having it dance pop won't make it flop - it's just a harder battle for Gaga's age. Young music consumers get there mindless ho bops from young 25 Yr olds now lol 

LOL I'm not saying that fans could make a big difference but I was pointing out the hypocrisy of not streaming and then complaining about it :dean_scream:

2 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

LOL I'm not saying that fans could make a big difference but I was pointing out the hypocrisy of not streaming and then complaining about it :dean_scream:

OK boo :unamused:

I streamed and still do :fan:

It's  a bop that was slept on by GP. it's especially good 8d audio in the gym on the treadmill with headphones :sistrens:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

The Popster 22
26 minutes ago, ImTired16 said:

Omg. Did the views not count with only Chromatica 3 being credited on the video? Lol

they did change the name of the vid from '911 - short film' to '911 Official Video' in the middle of the week so this wouldn't surprise me :classic_ninja:

The video doesn't even mention Chromatica 2 or 3 in the youtube description anymore 

1 minute ago, lifeasgeorge said:

they did change the name of the vid from '911 - short film' to '911 Official Video' in the middle of the week so this wouldn't surprise me :classic_ninja:

The video doesn't even mention Chromatica 2 or 3 in the youtube description anymore 

It means it's definitely a single, especially now its getting more playlist adds and ROM got dropped from TTH. 

The way 911 was put out was so randomly like a half single, no smartlink, merch or official title. They definitely were testing the waters with their toe in, before potentially adding a tank receipt. I wonder if they were actually doing that with John Wayne and had it had better response they'd have abandoned MR for it - a mistake lol 

I think it'll be a hit in some smaller countries and hopefully we will get more performances :classic_love:

• paws up 1