Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster This Way 519
5 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Can we make this an actual emoji. It is too iconic, IDK where I stole it from to put it as my profile picture but it is so good :shakes:

4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Untitled-10.png.8e7f152a1bb15fb004a4354a340?cb=20200722030320

A couple of twins me thinks

@admin maybe we can call it :sid:

Untitled-10.png.8e7f152a1bb15fb004a4354a

• lol 1

Popster This Way 519
24 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Wait, shouldn't the record belong to Tones and I (am Mariah... the Christmas chanteause)? Dance Monkey and its 163672 days spent atop the Spotify chart are still something to forget

The Fame Popster 401
37 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

I think Germany is even harsher 

"In Germany, streaming began to be included on the albums chart since February 2016. Nevertheless, the German Albums Chart is used to ranking the albums based on weekly revenue, instead of units. Hence, only paid streaming is counted and must be played at least 30 seconds. At least 6 tracks of one album have to be streamed to make streams count for the album, with 12 tracks being the maximum counted. Similar to the UK chart rule, the actual streams of the top-two songs are not counted, but instead the average of the following tracks"

This reminds me: I wish American charts were based off weekly revenue like the box office. I assume the way DSPs pool royalties would need reworking but I sincerely feel like revenue is the only way to accurately capture sales + streaming in a single number. Album-equivalent units are a social construct :nicki_scream:

1 minute ago, Mylo said:

Wait, shouldn't the record belong to Tones and I (am Mariah... the Christmas chanteause)? Dance Monkey and its 163672 days spent atop the Spotify chart are still something to forget

I think the tweet is about the US spotify chart and dance monkey never blew up in the US 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,819

Absolutely none of the Chromatica girls as they stand would smash or even be a good single choice, except maybe and I mean maybe the album version of Sour Candy. Remember that song bombed quickly out of TTH on the same trajectory as stupid love :rip:

The right choice was 911, and even when they submitted it to playlists and it got a 700k update, its now tumbling back down below 300k and removed from PL:rip:

Fun Tonight would only potentially do well on one radio format in one country. Such an awful choice :rip:

Only something brand new has the possibility to smash. SFA has very good shazam but really poor everywhere else, so maybe a ballad version of that would give 400k+ updates everyday whilst the commercial airs.

Even Payola Lipa had to send the reserves in in the form of DaBaby who is super hot atm to get Levitating going. We either need a massive promo spot or something brand new otherwise I give it 4 weeks max before the album is OUT everywhere sans 4/5 countries 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

A Popster Is Born 16,283
3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Absolutely none of the Chromatica girls as they stand would smash or even be a good single choice, except maybe and I mean maybe the album version of Sour Candy. Remember that song bombed quickly out of TTH on the same trajectory as stupid love :rip:

well how was track without airplay, video, promo and playlists supposed to hold stable after bein removed from only exposure it had?

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,819
6 minutes ago, Applause said:

well how was track without airplay, video, promo and playlists supposed to hold stable after bein removed from only exposure it had?

The fact it left so quickly and never stabilised after TTH exposure wasn't that good of a sign, and even on its first Monday update Sour Candy lost instead of increase.

Sour Candy stabilising at 500k was because past that it was still playlisted, I think SC had about 90m playlist reach at one point and BP was on their era, so it's the combined streaming power especially as they were releasing songs. But remember when it was on TTH It bombed out and before Ice cream it only got one more week than SL on Spotify Global. So I doubt any of the Chromatica tracks power, let alone Sour Candy 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09