Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 57,239
11 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Alice for Europe

Fun Tonight for Anglosphere

A Dream.. :abel_glow:

The way we looked like CLOWNS thinking SFA would be an European smash at this point and that Free Woman would be parallelly slaying US radio :katy_pie:

Popster for Sale 57,239

I was just thinking, the reason for Chromatica’s terrible tanking on the UK charts is probably because of the down weighting rule for albums in the UK since 30-40% of Chromatica’s streaming comes from ROM 

Otherwise the #81 position wouldn’t make sense :rip:

Are we still trying with Alice, Babylon etc. when even 911 has done nothing despite being the highest streamed album track? The ship has sailed at this point :pillow:

If they’re not gonna capitalize on SFA (acoustic), my scenario would be SC video + performance with BP (SNL or EMAs) along with Fun Tonight (this one could be pushed around Grammys time and it would be a good closer for the era). 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

I was just thinking, the reason for Chromatica’s terrible tanking on the UK charts is probably because of the down weighting rule for albums in the UK since 30-40% of Chromatica’s streaming comes from ROM 

Yeah.. the singles are useless in Europe or majority of Europe?

Popster for Sale 57,239
Just now, FRANZGA said:

Yeah.. the singles are useless in Europe or majority of Europe?

At least in the UK yes, I don’t know if other European countries apply the rule

I believe by the time Joanne was charting that rule didn’t exist yet but I don’t know if MR was carrying it on streaming back then

Popster for Sale 41,811
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The way Fad is suffering from the rules made to prevent one-hit wonders from charting high :rip:

Edited by beng
  • lol 3

Popster This Way 519
1 minute ago, beng said:

The way Fad is suffering from the rules made to deter one-hit wonders from charting high :rip:

Feeling like a total fad today (oh, oh)
Think it's the ARTPOP demo I still didn't delete
I'd do anything to wreck the Vegas' chains
I guess I should remind Bobby he's a phag these days
I can't see straight, I can't stay in the Top 30
Monsters refuse to stream, or buy some CDs
Wish last year's hype was here again
Corona's hijacked my plans

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,838
5 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

At least in the UK yes, I don’t know if other European countries apply the rule

I believe by the time Joanne was charting that rule didn’t exist yet but I don’t know if MR was carrying it on streaming back then

I think Germany is even harsher 

"In Germany, streaming began to be included on the albums chart since February 2016. Nevertheless, the German Albums Chart is used to ranking the albums based on weekly revenue, instead of units. Hence, only paid streaming is counted and must be played at least 30 seconds. At least 6 tracks of one album have to be streamed to make streams count for the album, with 12 tracks being the maximum counted. Similar to the UK chart rule, the actual streams of the top-two songs are not counted, but instead the average of the following tracks"

• shook 1

Popster This Way 519
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Not bad for one of her biggest chart tanks 

Despite that fugly, Pharrel-sounding chorus, it managed to be quite a big radio hit all over the world: it's strangely more played than TUN's singles, which makes me go like this

Untitled-10.png.8e7f152a1bb15fb004a4354a

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,379
9 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Not bad for one of her biggest chart tanks 

it peaked inside the top 10 tho :applause:

a Dope-sized hit

Spoiler

jokes aside its one of my favourite ariana singles ngl

• lol 1

3 minutes ago, Mylo said:

Despite that fugly, Pharrel-sounding chorus, it managed to be quite a big radio hit all over the world: it's strangely more played than TUN's singles, which makes me go like this

Untitled-10.png.8e7f152a1bb15fb004a4354a

Can we make this an actual emoji. It is too iconic, IDK where I stole it from to put it as my profile picture but it is so good :shakes:

• lol 3