Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

49 minutes ago, beng said:

Warner and Spotify are working to make Dua the next big thing. Would you consider this payola?

If so, should we classify SL music video as payola, and hence brush off Gaga's success on AM?

Do you hear yourself? Like when you speak? My god... The delusion of it all

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
Just now, Mylo said:

ROM is even lucky to have stayed for so long in the Italian Spotify TOP 200, 911 was DOA streaming-wise :katy_pie:

But hey, at least it's selling 20 copies-a-day on our Itunes.. schiavizza nove-uno-uno, schiavizza

tenor.gif

Chromatica has kinda been slaying Italy, its had the most stability there as album and ROM got a top 5 peak and still charting lol. The singles were big on Airplay - ROM is also still charting! It's just a shame about SL falling out quickly because it could've scanned gold, it still could do maybe.... ROM may go 2x Platinum there 1 day, and Chromatica will definitely go gold at least :D and I believe 911 at least charted in Italy haha 

• paws up 1

1 hour ago, Miaou said:

Weekly Streams on Spotify WW :

95 (-7) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow : 7.238.332 streams

100 WEEKS IN THE TOP 100

Shallow is now the 2nd female song in history after Lovely by Billie Eilish to pass 100 weeks+ inside the top 100 on Spotify WW. 

Lady Gaga is the ONLY ARTIST OVERALL from the 2000s to achieve this milestone. 

Shallow and its eternal receipts :oscar:

Popster for Sale 41,786

Most of you are just jealous that Dua has a deep partnership with Spotify. How is it different from buying iTunes banners or Interscope artists releasing Shot on iPhone videos in exchange for playlisting? At least be consistent in your stance.

Popster This Way 519
2 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

Do you hear yourself? Like when you speak? My god... The delusion of it all

The SL part was kinda a bad example on his part, but he's not wrong on DuGonga's: just because they're shamelessly investing big part of their money on her success, to the point of being desperate also, doesn't mean it's payola... if anything, Rolling Stones proved it got legalized with pathetic spins-per-money contracts to increase a song's chart-run (see the Shawn's part about his song being spammed at night, the fraudolence :rip:)

2 minutes ago, beng said:

Most of you are just jealous that Dua has a deep partnership with Spotify. How is it different from buying iTunes banners or Interscope artists releasing Shot on iPhone videos in exchange for playlisting? At least be consistent in your stance.

of coarse we are jealous. Break My Heart spent two months on TTH than ROM. Of coarse, we want the same thing for Gaga 

• thanks 2

The Fame Popster 264

Some of you are looking at it wrong, it's really a question of why. Why did Apple give Gaga great playlisting on AM? Because Gaga promoted their latest flagship in her lead's music video. If you ask a similar question of "Why is Spotify so happy to keep Dua in their really competitive playlists?" there's no real answer. 

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,786
Just now, LetsGetHigh said:

Some of you are looking at it wrong, it's really a question of why. Why did Apple give Gaga great playlisting on AM? Because Gaga promoted their latest flagship in her lead's music video. If you ask a similar question of "Why is Spotify so happy to keep Dua in their really competitive playlists?" there's no real answer. 

Because Spotify wants to build on her brand, which will bring future returns. 

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

@Fame Romance what is this album bomb in france :rip: 11 debuts in the top 20 + a song from the album that was previously released #1. Aya's new bop debuts at 21 which is kinda low but given the circumstances i'll take it :oscar:

Edited by Andreu

The Fame Popster 264
Just now, beng said:

Because Spotify wants to build on her brand, which will bring future returns. 

Nah, that reasoning doesn't make sense. Artists need the support of big streaming companies, not the opposite.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 41,786

I just don't understand why some of you keep playing the payola card when any other artist has bigger success. Like are you against payola altogether or the size of the deal?

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Andreu serving

Wrong Answer GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, ARTPOP said:

Breaking the laws of mathematics, pythagoras found quaking 

smilega.thumb.jpg.eadef11ac2b7c75799482e

delete before D*** finds it and bullies me Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

• lol 2