Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

ARTPOPster 1,619

Offtopic but I feel like more people could be recruited for this site. Many are disgruntled with GGD over how authoritarian and opaque the mods have been and how ineffectively they addressed racism. Several big members like Katie and DC spoke up too.

Edit: Omg they literally started autocorrecting popa911 to gagadaily I'm cackling at the pettiness :lmao:

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 3
  • lol 1

The Fame Popster 264
8 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Offtopic but I feel like more people could be recruited for this site. Many are disgruntled with GGD over how authoritarian and opaque the mods have been and how ineffectively they addressed racism. Several big members like Katie and DC spoke up too.

Edit: Omg they literally started autocorrecting popa911 to gagadaily I'm cackling at the pettiness :lmao:

hi formerly banned gagadaily user here. If you guys want to grow the forum here def reach out now tbh. I think most people are pissed rn

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 10,493
49 minutes ago, xo_hours said:

tbh Ga should just surprise drop her next album given all the leaks, amount of cancellations, and pushbacks this era’s had. we’ve already seen w Chromatica that she can manage to pull great streaming #’s and that’s with the unfortunate circumstances and timing the album was released around

I'm sure with all the scrapped / unreleased material she has, she easily could push a new project with not that much of work reworking it.

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,619

I think the reason Gaga is much more careful about releasing projects than a lot of other girls is her contract specifically requires a lot of promo from her side.

When Gaga makes some music, she just wants to enjoy it instead of having to do all the "commercialization" of putting it out, marketing it, strategizing, radio, all that stuff. It's just not the same anymore once you put it through the machine and it takes a lot of energy and effort to do that.

If she releases an album of unreleased material, she most likely will have to market it and tour for it. Maybe she doesn't want to.

• paws up 2

5 hours ago, Daphne Guinness said:

Joanne took a whole year to go plat, Artpop took even more. Chromatica was released only 4 months ago. The way you guys overreact  :ohyes:

Why are you trying to be logical?

As if that will stop f words to stop whining...

Every logical person would know that it took Joanne 4 years to reach 1Billion and it had million daily performances, superbowl, grammys and coachella.

In the meantime Chromatica did it in 4 months with only one performance so far.

But its selling 10k copies 5 months later in ameriKKKa!!!!11!1!1!!!

Worms for brain...

A Popster Is Born 12,812

I always see cupcakes bring up Joanne or 'well katy is bombing' to excuse Chromatica :rip:so that's the standard?

completely different situation and that was released in 2016 with no global hit. Chromatica doing less than the remix in the UK is a strong possibility isn't cute there's no excusing it, which is why people think it isn't good - especially with no sign of any actual single or activity from Gaga. 

ARTPOPster 1,331
18 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I always see cupcakes bring up Joanne or 'well katy is bombing' to excuse Chromatica :rip:so that's the standard?

completely different situation and that was released in 2016 with no global hit. Chromatica doing less than the remix in the UK is a strong possibility isn't cute there's no excusing it, which is why people think it isn't good - especially with no sign of any actual single or activity from Gaga. 

I really thought she'd be back on Promo mode after the VMAs but dear lord I was wrong, even her kindness book recieved lot of talk and promo during the time period, and now she's promoting hausrats! 

ARTPOPster 1,619

Just listening to TFM after months and just wow tbh classic, timeless, and perfectly executed.

I feel like it's not an album I can listen to every single day (because then it suffers from oversaturation) but once in a while it just f-ing hits you like nothing else.

• yaas, gaga 2