Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,801

I swear people would want the SFA ballad version not the dance one, it's got a lot softer instrumental. They should stick it on a new deluxe with Babylon EV and another song in October, if the advert is airing more they could add it to TTH 

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,741
1 minute ago, Gypsy Life said:

It's not too late to change the 3rd single since they didn't even bother sending 911 to radio

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

SFA new stripped down version would work perfectly for the fall/winter

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

Makes a lot of sense

Which is why it won't happen

e-QFFru-Dx0m04vgid-W788-FQ-r.thumb.jpg.a

• paws up 2
  • sad 1
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,461
11 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Oh my god this video made my stomach turn upside down when it reached May 2017, Ariana 50% :classic_sad:

Interesting to see Gagas rise, even pretty relevant in 2014-2015 

The way Gaga was in-OUT from 2015-2017 lmao but I'm glad she remains at the top 5 12 years into her career :oscar:

A Popster Is Born 16,835

SMILE - 26.8M, ~200k daily

DAISIES - 23.9M, ~24k daily

Small Talk - 30M, ~18k daily

Harleys In Hawaii - 31.5M, ~25k daily

Never Worn White - 33.3M, ~15k daily

:katy_pie:

• sad 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
14 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Oh my god this video made my stomach turn upside down when it reached May 2017, Ariana 50% :classic_sad:

Interesting to see Gagas rise, even pretty relevant in 2014-2015 

i want a Google Search/Wikipedia version of this.. GAGA will surely lead there

Edited by FRANZGA

Pop-a-911-ster 28,911
x3
15 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

SMILE - 26.8M, ~200k daily

DAISIES - 23.9M, ~24k daily

Small Talk - 30M, ~18k daily

Harleys In Hawaii - 31.5M, ~25k daily

Never Worn White - 33.3M, ~15k daily

:katy_pie:

Amazing for her standards:oscar:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,911
x3

I can see Sine From Above even topping iTunes have amazing views and her team wont even bother promote it more with a video, sending it to radio, make it an official single.

She has a team that didn't make Always Remember Us This Way a single and made Stupid Love the lead single after ASIB era:nicki_scream:

Her team when they saw a song that has potentials to become huge:

snow white do not want GIF

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1
  • lol 2

Lmao at Chromatica being GP friendly :rip:

Since when is dance music IN in 2020?

Nowaydays dance is anything but in...have you looked at the charts?

It's all hiphop, urban and pop-rnb.

If she wanted a GP friendly album she would make asib 2.0 to capitalize on the new hac audience she got but she clearly doesnt give a f*ck.

She's always been about the art firstly than the charts.

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 698
Just now, little legend said:

I can see Sine From Above even topping iTunes have amazing views and her team wont even bother promote it more with a video, sending it to radio, make it an official single.

She has a team that didn't make Always Remember Us This Way a single and made Stupid Love the lead single after ASIB era:nicki_scream:

I don't know why she pays her team.. Liddos would be better managers

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Sine from above is not a good song, no matter piano or dance version.

Also If you think an Elton John featured song will do good in the charts in 2020 you are super delusional.

Hang it up flatscreen.

• shook 2

A Popster Is Born 12,801
36 minutes ago, Delusional said:

What I don’t understand is why make the album so GP friendly and then stop at 2 and a half singles :awkney:

Doing singles after an album these days is no easy feat, and a credit to Gaga she executed something that was and wasn't GP friendly at the same time to reward her base and get Ari and BP on to suck in more audience.

If she wanted to truly smash she'd appeal to the AC audience following a 3 year rebrand.

if you look at the streaming numbers overall there was no standout single other than Sour Candy, which they can't release due to timing. 911 definitely connected more, but it still wasn't screaming to be a single. 

If she released a lot of singles from Chromatica they'd all flop. Replay, Babylon, Enigma would all bomb based on the way the GP responded to them, whether liddos want to hear that or not it's objectively true. 

Labels simply pick the next streamed song, and I don't think 911 was ideal for them. They probably wanted Rain On Me to smash a lot harder and then she'd be in the weeknd's position, nothing on Chromatica screams smash. This is why I think she should take the plunge and HAC-ify SFA, that way she pleases fans and GP. 

• paws up 2

16 minutes ago, MissAsia said:

Radio really killed rom potential.. It could have been bigger then break my hear 

Sorry but how was a song that failed to go even top 10 (with a 100M radio audience at that), with less sales too, bigger than Rom?

Make it make sense!

Popster for Sale 41,741
14 minutes ago, entela said:

Sine from above is not a good song, no matter piano or dance version.

Also If you think an Elton John featured song will do good in the charts in 2020 you are super delusional.

Hang it up flatscreen.

Tom Hanks Omg GIF by Golden Globes

• thanks 5