Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

4 minutes ago, entela said:

Damn she really fell off hard after 2013.

She has been promoting the song a lot and still not being able to outpeak (or even reach) Stupid love's peak...

I guess when the reason you got success for a quick little minute is shock value and not your talent, came back to bite her super hard in the long run...sad!

Why are you so harsh on other FEMALE artists... Miley is recovering after consecutive tank years. MS managed to go top 15 on BB and top 10 in the UK. She's doing WELL and getting the go back on her side bc she's talented and a nice person. Stay mad!

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,641
32 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Yeah Gaga doesnt really care about her music career as she used to, and thats a fact. She is just doing it as her job now, wich is fine I guess. Dont forget Bloodpop literally forced her to write and record music :bradley:

Its frustrating for us fans, thats for sure

Nah

Popster for Sale 57,189
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Is Miss Swift frauding her numbers 

spacer.png

Or is this just her dad mass buying her albums again 

spacer.png

Since the beggining the sales numbers for this album have seemed fishy to me, the streaming is great for an album with no hits but once she's run out of gimmicks (suprise release with 16 different versions, physical stores release on week 3, sending tens of thousands of signed copies to small stores) the numbers aren't impressive at all anymore

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

Why are you so harsh on other FEMALE artists... Miley is recovering after consecutive tank years. MS managed to go top 15 on BB and top 10 in the UK. She's doing WELL and getting the go back on her side bc she's talented and a nice person. Stay mad!

Girl I'm anything but mad please...

If you would have read carefully, I said she is suffering the consequences of her acting like an attention seeking clown in 2013 (which gave her success for a quick second) but ruined her career in the long run.

And it's sad since she's not even talentless...

Pop-a-911-ster 39,266
35 minutes ago, admin said:

Disagree.

Yeah I’m also gonna disagree with that member

i don’t even know how to respond to something like that without probably offending someone so I’m just not gonna say anything lol :rip:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

not y'all hating on folklore when its chart run is 10210210x better than Chromatica...

BTS also have good numbers on paper, but they are still irrelevant in the real world (and will always stay that way) so yeahhh

Not to be shady or anything but Taylor hasn't been relevant musically to GP since 1989 days, which ironically coincides with the last time she won a grammy.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 57,189
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

is it worth the listen? I didn’t really like his VMA performance (I don’t think it was live either) so I just want to know :classic_ninja:

It's really alternative/rock, in the spirit of the song he performed at the VMAs which I loved even if it's usually not my style

It has a few highlights 

4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

If she doesn't perform... what a waste of a potential promo spot

It's on October 14th, which would have zero effect for the grammy voting process since it ends on october 12th, so I wouldn't be mad.

Also the fact that there's zero A-lists in there doesn't help either.

A Popster Is Born 10,029
4 minutes ago, entela said:

BTS also have good numbers on paper, but they are still irrelevant in the real world (and will always stay that way) so yeahhh

Not to be shady or anything but Taylor hasn't been relevant musically to GP since 1989 days, which ironically coincides with the last time she won a grammy.

Monsters really got over themselves with ASIB, shall we be reminded we didn't win a Grammy from BTW/ARTPOP sans C2C up until the ASIB hype? that's lowkey why I want Gaga to get nothing at the Grammys, just to teach Monsters some humility

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

I understand what you mean but IDWLF was huge (it went no.2) and LWYMMD had everyone talking. The mismanagement of rep era also didn’t help (the quick little singles etc.)

plus Me! & YNTCD are still over 10M selling singles, Lover did great, still top 50 on BB200 and charting higher than Chromatica in certain countries...

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Delusional said:

I honestly think Taylor set herself up for failure with Lover and the GP when she released ME! off that album. That song is tragic, and the album itself was awful. I’ve listened to it in full 3 times and I don’t connect with any of the songs. Truly a mess and I knew then anything she’d release from that point would be tainted with the failure of that album. (Like Gaga with ARTPOP except that was actually good in some ways)

Lover is a good album and ME! has a great instrumental tbh, it's corny but it's usually what happens with Taylor's lead singles overall (at least in the pop era). Lover is still 3x platinum eligible soon enough, near 6 billion global streams

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
35 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Wait not Taylor being #11(-10) on HHD's preliminary top 20 with 27k 

smilega.thumb.jpg.eadef11ac2b7c75799482e

Pure sales down 88% to 7k, how normal and not fishy at all after they stangely went up by like 400% the previous week (which started days after the performance so it wasn't really the show's effect)

We'll need the Norweigian judges to look into it 

• lol 3

4 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

Monsters really got over themselves with ASIB, shall we be reminded we didn't win a Grammy from BTW/ARTPOP sans C2C up until the ASIB hype? that's lowkey why I want Gaga to get nothing at the Grammys, just to teach Monsters some humility

BTW was against Adele at her peak, on every category (doesn't need more explanation)

Artpop wasn't Grammy worthy.

Every Gaga project that deserved recognition got it one way or another (even Joanne got one)

So yeahh you didn't make any point.

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Delusional said:

Yesss without a doubt, I mean we’d be ecstatic if Gaga had an era like Lover (2 no.2 singles, a top 15 and a high charting album) but it’s just the material that flopped artistically 

it still has a 79 metacritic score which was her highest before folklore came along

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, entela said:

BTW was against Adele at her peak, on every category (doesn't need more explanation)

Artpop wasn't Grammy worthy.

Every Gaga project that deserved recognition got it one way or another (even Joanne got one)

So yeahh you didn't make any point.

Joanne can say thank you to the ASIB hype because it would have stayed Grammyless in any other case, also Taylor is a 2x AOTY winner, Gaga is yet to ever win an AOTY

Popster for Sale 57,189
4 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

Joanne can say thank you to the ASIB hype because it would have stayed Grammyless in any other case, also Taylor is a 2x AOTY winner, Gaga is yet to ever win an AOTY

No offense but it's a typical OGH narrative that Joanne only won a Grammy thanks to the ASIB hype, if that was the case then why would she get 2 noms for the same album in 2018 ? That speaks for itself...

Edited by Fame Romance