Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 41,838
12 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

only with oreos, otherwise no

Fret not! We also have Adobe, BTWF, LG, Lamborghini and Haus Labs!

tenor.gif

Edited by BenG
  • lol 3

Popster for Sale 41,838
Just now, Joesuda said:

All tracks debuted on the Hot 100, 3 in the top 10 IIRC. 

So, we're expecting 13(+2) tracks + 3489247 xmas songs for next week's chart then :fall:

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
44 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Well at least ASIB has some personality to it and feels authentic, Folklore was quite bland to me but to each his own I guess

She looks really like that student who absolutely needs to get that A++ otherwise she’s frustrated, like her replying on Twitter to those year-end placements for Folklore on Twitter was kinda cringe-worthy lmao and releasing another album basically with rejects from Folklore shows that she wants to repeat the same formula to seek for approval 

I agree with your first part, even tho both projects have sonic similarities, ASIB has much more personality and it's much more diverse. My point was that there's a worryingly high people on our fanbase/here (and everywhere else I guess) who only want to stan success and feel reaffirmed by charts, sales and awards.

Spoiler

(which is the reason why I suspect so many people suddenly started stanning taylor here recently :billie: I guess but that's another topic) 

It's an atitude I'll never understand. Some people here said they enjoy Gaga's dance music better but they want another ASIB just for the bragging rights which is- just dumb and sad in my opinion.

About the second paragraph, I totally agree with you. But I guess she's in her own right to do that, and that's fine, but that's not something I'd want to see gaga doing.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Kindness Admin 7,540
7 hours ago, corvus albus said:

WWOW :katy:

I did not expect the album to tank this much, but this really bad spot in Q4 was already a bad sign of the faith his label had in the album and it seems they were right.

Yeah, the hype for this album never really materialized. I'm a pretty big Mendes fan and liked the song Wonder, but in this wild year, he just didn't stand out for me either. I only listened to the album once so far, I'll give it another shot in the new year. 

4 hours ago, entela said:

Sooo these are the numbers Ariana pulls, when Spotify doesn't "invest" in her?

Well, it's a super old song she's featured on. This has nothing to do with her, lol. Not to mention she just put out a great (to me and many others) album everyone is focused on.

2 hours ago, BenG said:

She might actually pull a #1 evermore #2 folklore on the BB200 since it's gonna be a quiet week. :dead:

I don't see how she couldn't do this. Seems like a forgone conclusion.

1 hour ago, entela said:
Folklore Best Pop Vocal Album    
Album of the Year  
"Cardigan" Song of the Year  
Best Pop Solo Performance  
"Exile" (featuring Bon Iver) Best Pop Duo/Group Performance  
"Beautiful Ghosts" Best Song Written for Visual Media

So her biggest chance to win a Grammy is for Pop Duo.

AOTY - Anyone but her, coldplay or that arranger guy.

Pop Vocal album - Dua

Pop Solo - Dua/Billie

SOY - Anyone but her or Beyonce's Black Parade :mess:

Song for Visual - Frozen 2 or Harriet

Looking at the noms for the last years, Taylor and Beyonce continue to get shoved down the voters throat by the secret committee for some reason :receipts:, yet the voters continue to say NO! 

Mean Girls Lol GIF by filmeditor

Well, first of all, Taylor is both super popular and talented. She makes amazing music and she writes it herself. You don't have to love her music, but don't drag her talents just because they don't align with your tastes. She and Beyonce get noms they have earned.

I honestly could see Taylor winning AOTY, she probably won't, but I think she's competitive in everything she's up for except probably Cardigan - although I do think Dua should/will win Pop album.

• paws up 3

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, BenG said:

So, we're expecting 13(+2) tracks + 3489247 xmas songs for next week's chart then :fall:

Honestly I do not know how succesful Taylor's streaming will be. The Christmas Freeze is real and maybe it will affect her. Also I feel the album release is too close to Folklore, therefore the streams might be lower. However I remember doubting folklore due to it being alternative and not as streaming friendly and it smashed. Therefore I think that she should be happy if it debuts in the same ballpark as Lover.

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 7,540
28 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

I shouldn't have to say this but just so nobody misinterprets me

1. my enjoyment of folklore, the idea of a new tay album, and tay in general doesn't make any less of my enjoyment of gaga. i can enjoy both (or multiple artists/music)

2. my enjoyment of chromatica the album and the music itself is different from how i enjoy the era. just because i love the music doesn't necessarily mean i enjoy what's going on with the lack of performances, etc. i don't have to blindly praise her for everything, nor do i have to pretend the era is perfect

3. just because i feel like there should be more performances/fan engagement doesn't mean i blame her. am i frustrated? maybe a little bit. but if her heart's not in it or some mental/emotional/medical issue is preventing her then i don't blame her for that.

The problem here as usual is the extreme blind stanning and the extreme shade to gaga. There are different shades to it

dean winchester spn GIF

Couldn't agree with all of this more. In particular number 3. The blame and hate that's passed at Gaga and her team is so unfair. We all want more, but we don't know the story and honestly, we act far too entitled in general in Stan culture. I'm so happy we got such an incredible album this year, some great performances, two great music videos, an amazing voting era, Oreos and that she raised over 125 million dollars to fight the pandemic. And we know she's filming or about to film some movies. There's a lot to love and appreciate.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 3
  • lol 1

Kindness Admin 7,540
14 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Yes with LG7 evermOREOS

dean winchester GIF

Off topic: But every time you post this gif I fall a bit more in love with that man (or you? Who knows).

OT: I think Evermore will launch US first week with 690,000 units.

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,744
5 minutes ago, admin said:

Off topic: But every time you post this gif I fall a bit more in love with that man (or you? Who knows).

OT: I think Evermore will launch US first week with 690,000 units.

You mean 34+35 0,000 units

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,824

All this acclaim for ROM and it couldn't last longer than like 20 weeks anywhere apart from Canada :rip:if only it was released in 2012 hi hihihi this was obliterating at that time:

ROM would've fit in well 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

it couldn't last longer than like 20 weeks anywhere apart from Canada

I was top 0.001% of her listeners for a reason

dean winchester GIF

Edited by DeanClownchester
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
7 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

All this acclaim for ROM and it couldn't last longer than like 20 weeks anywhere apart from Canada :rip:if only it was released in 2012 hi hihihi this was obliterating at that time:

ROM would've fit in well 

maybe if the SHM comeback really materialised :bradley:

• yaas, gaga 1