Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 16,850
3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

I feel like this song could get a smoother run than My Future, but still like My Future.

Christmas songs effect?

1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

And this one will be gone next week. It had a good run

the Fine Line era will end up having 2 tracks above 1 billion, 5 tracks above 400m and 10/12 tracks over 100m on spotify before the end of next year. Smash, gotta love a team that doesn't stop with the promo after the release day of the album :shine:

• paws up 3

Moderator 17,129
2 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Christmas songs effect?

Only six Xmas songs went higher. It lost at least three spots naturally, with radio being the only metric still growing. Spotify and Apple Music are starting to bleed, sales mostly stable.

• sad 1

Moderator 17,129
Just now, artgagapop said:

the Fine Line era will end up having 2 tracks above 1 billion, 5 tracks above 400m and 10/12 tracks over 100m on spotify before the end of next year. Smash, gotta love a team that doesn't stop with the promo after the release day of the album :shine:

It's not like Harry did much promo himself. It felt more like a singles era unlike his last era which greatly focused on him as a musician.

• paws up 1

Just now, corvus albus said:

It's not like Harry did much promo himself. It felt more like a singles era unlike his last era which greatly focused on him as a musician.

yep, since Corona he hasn't really done more for the album then Gaga has for Chromatica yet the era is fully alive because his team keeps promoting singles/songs meanwhile interscope couldn't get 911 1 week on TTH despite it's video having alot of hype it's first week.

A Popster Is Born 12,830
Just now, artgagapop said:

Lol

the thing is though, radio like him and his songs are popular on Spotify... there is an element of chromatica that hasnt connected with GeePee. SL and ROM were heavily pushed the first weeks with good playlist positions, from there its up to curators and the GP - i dont believe that any EDM album at the moment would smash, especially by a woman Gaga's age. newer girls get the advatange of not getting judged harshly on radio callouts. In Europe, chromatica singles did extremely well on radio - but for the airplay they got, it was rare they had stability on any chart. Chromatica was always going to suffer with longevity i feel

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,022
x3

Spotify Global top streamed 2000s songs by female artists in 2020:
1. “Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean)” by Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean (2005)
2. “Halo” by Beyoncé (2009)
3. “Party in the U.S.A.” by Miley Cyrus (2009)
4. “Umbrella” (feat. Jay-Z)” by Rihanna
5. “TiK ToK” by Kesha (2009)
6. “Love Story” by Taylor Swift (2008)
7. “Toxic” by Britney Spears (2004)
8. “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga (2009)
9. “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele (2008)
10. “No One” by Alicia Keys (2007)

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,830
1 minute ago, little legend said:

Global top streamed 2000s songs by female artists in 2020:

its actually pretty low on that list, i thought it'd be higher lol below toxic  :awkney:

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,129
2 minutes ago, little legend said:

Global top streamed 2000s songs by female artists in 2020:

Where do these numbers come from, probably only Spotify. On Youtube Bad Romance has over 450M views more than the next biggest song Hips Don't Lie. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,022
x3
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

its actually pretty low on that list, i thought it'd be higher lol below toxic  :awkney:

Toxic was huge and is considered a classic but i agree  it should be higher, at least higher than  PITUSA and Love Story. On Spotify playlists play important role , maybe Bad Romance has less playlists than the other( like what happens with most Gaga's songs)