Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

of course the replies are full of m*yo gays complaining

Spoiler

can't wait to do the thread about it in a certain other website and cause more fumes

Edited by Andreu
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 11,579
45 minutes ago, Miaou said:

911 Sofi Tukker Remix added to Spotify’s “Pop Remix”playlist (3.2M followers), placed 6/50. 

This one is actually Nice. I like that '911 emergency' added :sistrens:

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829

Lol... Why wasn't 911 treated properly... They should've remixed it ages ago and done a lyric video, BBMA performance AMAS... TTH add... They didn't want to call it a single but then wouldn't fully jump in either... Let's hope they were just trying 911 as it was solo and now they'll go insane payola for Sour Candy.. Commercial, remixes, Korean version, radio deal

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 12,829

I think if they had done the original promo rollout, Chromatica would still have been frontloaded - but much better around the edges. For example #1 peak with 300k opening and 6 non consecutive weeks top 10 instead of 4, with promo and effort going in much sooner. However, there were things they could've done to keep ROM and Chromatica top 10 for at least another week regardless of the climate - for example releasing the remix earlier, releasing the signed vinyls for ROM, amazon deal for Chromatica or discount... Alas they didn't care.. BLM only lasted for a month 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 31,856

US

Folklore 1.946.000 units in USA now, 54k left for x2 Platinum. 

AUSTRALIA 
5 (6) 19 Folklore

NEW ZEALAND
9 (17) 19 Folklore
It was certified Platinum in NZ

a queen 14 years in her career :abel_glow:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
1 minute ago, entela said:

Why are we referring to straight up bombing as underperformance?

tiffany pollard eye roll GIF by T. Kyle

It's all about context... ARTPOP wasn't a bomb at all or even a flop thanks to the actual #s... but it wasn't seen as a success, and its because of where the artist is at and their own standards as well of course some of the floppy elements that comes with a moderate era. 

Miley never had the same star power as Katy or Gaga despite coming out with Bangerz. Plastic Hearts is doing better on streaming than 'Smile' and even Camilas 'Romance', and Midnight Sky is also a big hit in certain countries, far out performing NRO, and Prisoner doing OK.

I really think this era Miley has literally gone for quality and laying down a new style of artistry. Let's not focus on commercial success or judge pop stars like its 2012... She got a 79 on Metacritic and Dua/Ava also debuted modestly. It's all artist dependent... Pop needs so much payola and investment in 2020. 

Duas album is seen as a massive success but it's only 200k above Chromatica WW. Avas Heaven and Hell has had a lot of label investment and singles... Selena's Rare underperformed, Changes was seen as an underperformance... These are the new standards with the climate... Hell even After Hours as a full body is being called an underperformance :rip:

Sorry long post 

• paws up 2

2 minutes ago, Miaou said:

US

Folklore 1.946.000 units in USA now, 54k left for x2 Platinum. 

AUSTRALIA 
5 (6) 19 Folklore

NEW ZEALAND
9 (17) 19 Folklore
It was certified Platinum in NZ

a queen 14 years in her career :abel_glow:

But she’s local. Outside the anglosphere she’s basically a one hit wonder (Love Story remix) :carly_bye:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 12,829
1 minute ago, CherryPie said:

But she’s local. Outside the anglosphere she’s basically a one hit wonder (Love Story remix) :carly_bye:

If Chromatica was still charting in multiple countries and ROM had been more along the lines as a DSN/WS sized succes, call me crazy but id prefer stanning Godga's era commercially!

Better music, no constant tricks or gimmicks to boost your album, and well rounded success. Rain On Me 2x Platinum in Norway, Stupid Love gold and Chromatica almost platinum there, is more impressive to me than 2x platinum album only in Australia/NZ... Its not easy to infiltrate non Anglo markets.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,832

I cant believe people are worried about Sour Candy being affected by Christmas freeze as if they're not just gonna release the MV and dip like they did for every single this era with no added promotion. 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,856

Did this woman know that 12 years later she will become one of the biggest stars of the century, a global legend and an academy award winner ??! spacer.png

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 18,431
6 minutes ago, zcasx said:

I cant believe people are worried about Sour Candy being affected by Christmas freeze as if they're not just gonna release the MV and dip like they did for every single this era with no added promotion. 

Sour Candy, if released before christmas, will do just as good as if it would be released after christmas. The song will survive on streaming and do nothing on the US radio. It will have amazing YouTube streams and great Spotify streams which is all we need. 

• paws up 2