Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 11,829
8 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

I think no one haven't brought up the possibility that if the sour candy mv ends up happening, they could have a chance of breaking the Vevo record currently being held by Taylor with MEH! Come through +70M views:pillow:

Didnt Blackpink s How you like that got better views? I think it surpassed 100M in 24hs

Popster This Way 545

Dua announced she's still gonna release singles/MVs from the standard version of Future Nostalgia even after the deluxe tracks are released

Love Again will surely be it

The girl just gets it. I don't know why she's the only one understanding that if the material is good, just push it until it clicks

Levitating w/Blessed Madonna didn't work but she knew the song had potential and just kept pushing it and now it's top15 on US Radio

• paws up 3
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,420
59 minutes ago, Miaou said:

AISB is the only soundtrack of the 2010s to spend 3 years in a row on the Billboard year-end chart, along with Greatest Showman and Moana.

Legend 

can it get a 4th I hope so! 

Edited by WildAmerican

The Fame Popster 388
1 hour ago, beng said:

Given that L. Gaga is more global than Selena, wouldn't that make it even smaller than 13%?

I don’t think so Gaga is more global but she is more known in the US than selena 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 567
1 hour ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Ice Cream was definitely more local. It had its best peaks US and Canada vs Sour Candy obliterating it everywhere else. Compared to Sour Candy's Thursday no MV release, Sour Candy did very well. It peaked top 40 everywhere and top 10 in Oceania. Such a missed opportunity that is hopefully being rectified. Sour Candy also out peaked Dua's + BP's K&M everywhere 

Yeah cause let´s be honest Gaga is a bigger star than dua (nothing against her ) she is just very succesfull right now (derservedly) and Blackpink is bigger this year then they were like 2 years ago ...But still I want a music video :D

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,786
15 minutes ago, Samueld9 said:

I don’t think so Gaga is more global but she is more known in the US than selena 

You're using % of global views, hence whether or not she is more known in the US (absolute) is irrelevant to the metric (relative).

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711

omg Blinding Light is back to #2 on Spotify WW :rip: the song is almost at 1.7B streams on the platform and his halftime show is coming :rip: he may have a chance to surpass Shape Of NO :rip:

Popster for Sale 41,786
4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

There are more people called baby in the BB Artists of 2020 than women. US really needs to reconnect with their taste

Surprised there's only one "Lil" :ohyes:

Popster for Sale 41,786
Just now, Miaou said:

omg Blinding Light is back to #2 on Spotify WW :rip: the song is almost at 1.7B streams on the platform and his halftime show is coming :rip: he may have a chance to surpass Shape Of NO :rip:

How many streams is SOY getting daily

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
12 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

There are more people called baby in the BB Artists of 2020 than women. US really needs to reconnect with their taste

well there are even more dead people on the top10 than women

• lol 6

35 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Didnt Blackpink s How you like that got better views? I think it surpassed 100M in 24hs

Yeah but remember they're not associated with VEVO. Hence the record of most viewed in 24hs in that platform belongs to Taylor with 65M views atm 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 388
11 minutes ago, beng said:

You're using % of global views, hence whether or not she is more known in the US (absolute) is irrelevant to the metric (relative).

Yes ! It will be interesting to see! (If it’s happening)

38 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

Dua announced she's still gonna release singles/MVs from the standard version of Future Nostalgia even after the deluxe tracks are released

Love Again will surely be it

The girl just gets it. I don't know why she's the only one understanding that if the material is good, just push it until it clicks

Levitating w/Blessed Madonna didn't work but she knew the song had potential and just kept pushing it and now it's top15 on US Radio

Not really...

She pushed Break my heart super hard and failed to go top 10.

She remixed Levitating with a super trendy rapper and won't go higher than top 20.

If anything she should get the memo that outside of radio and spotify top 10 residency from the "investment", she won't get another one in the actual chart till her next album.

tiffany pollard GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• paws up 5

GODGA The Queen of Dancefloor.

Luv seeing her name above Calvin, Diplo, Kygo, Marshmello etc. An woman showing the men who rules the dance genre.

Yet the corrupted Grammys won't allow her dance/electronic material to get submited in those categories when they have no problem to let the likes of Beyonce getting nomination from rnb to urban to pop all from the same album.

• yaas, gaga 2