Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 28,933
x3
1 hour ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

This cannot be true, wait...

1. AMAs 2017: The Cure
2. Grammys 2018: Joanne, MR
3. Grammys 2019: Shallow
4. Oscars 2019: Shallow
5. VMAs 2020: 9̶1̶1̶, ROM, SL

FIVE PERFORMANCES IN 3 YEARS... and cupcakes call us crazy when we demand more content smh 

omg seriously stop being so negative , she is working so hard all this year 

74gfdyT.gif

• lol 8

Pop-a-911-ster 28,933
x3
21 minutes ago, entela said:

Maybe you need to take some math classes hunny cause SL reached platinum in 6 months.

has Stupid Love's flop sister aka Perfect Illusion reached platinum? at least gold? at least silver or iron?

• lol 1

13 minutes ago, little legend said:

has Stupid Love's flop sister aka Perfect Illusion reached platinum? at least gold? at least silver or iron?

9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Just gold

In fact Perfect Delusion has passed platinum but they didn't bother to certify it.

• sad 1

The Fame Popster 333
2 hours ago, Andreu said:

I 100% believe it

Sorry if I missed the bigger discussion (partnerships in return for participation in Together At Home) and this isn't a response to anyone directly, but Gaga's proven to be a smart business woman as far back as The Fame when she was able to be both profitable and engaging. No one cared about the LG product placement in 911 - just as Telephone has become a reverse sell-out experience as it ages. If this WERE true, though, she still didn't perform new music -- the product for which she's most known / had just sold to fans -- at that very event.

No, it wasn't the right time to debut Babylon. But, she could've easily introduced Stupid Love (acoustic) as at the VMAs, if not an even more appropriate Promo Single (1000 Doves or Sine From Above) to boost SL / promo Chromatica.

After her Apple interview / discussion on mental health, I expected something with BTW Foundation. A Together At Home style event for Mental Health Awareness month (October) through BTWF, with Replay as a fundraising Single, would've brought attention to BTWF, Chromatica, and all participants; to Gaga as both a musician and philanthropist; to both a personal, relevant, and important topic (mental health) AND a great song.

If anyone thinks show business isn't a business first and foremost hasn't paid attention. The need to please both fans / sponsors in order to profit is nothing new, nor should it preclude musicians from promoting their work.

Kindness Admin 7,539
8 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Spotify Year-End:

Gaga #27 in Artists (#6 female)

ROM #36 in Songs

Honestly, this is pretty good. Does anyone have the last several years to compare - I assume she charted because of ASIB previously. I hope :pillow:

Pop-a-911-ster 23,066
9 minutes ago, admin said:

Honestly, this is pretty good. Does anyone have the last several years to compare - I assume she charted because of ASIB previously. I hope :pillow:

Last year #28 in Artists, and Shallow #10 in Songs.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 23,066

Gags songs that got into my top 10 were #1 ROM, #3 SFA, and #7 Sour Candy.

Stoopid Luv at #11 but only because of the pity first week streams. Wouldn't want anyone to think I voluntarily listened to it.

• paws up 1
  • lol 9

A Popster Is Born 16,838

My Spotify Wrapped

https://link.tospotify.com/K7aAlRBqSbb

#1 Rain On Me

#2 Stupid Love :witch-laugh:

#3 Shallow :rat:

#4 911

#5 Fun Tonight :crowned:

#6 Blinding Lights :bradley:

#7 Don't Start Now

#8 Be Kind

#9 Sour Candy

#10 Watermelon Sugar

#11 Physical

#12 You Should Be Sad

#13 Chromatica II

#14 Kings & Queens

#15 Before You Go

#17 How You Like That

#18 Salt

#19 Midnight Sky

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 646
2 hours ago, Thrasher said:

Spotify Year-End: Gaga

Top Female Artists

2017 - #16
2018 - #18
2019 - #6
2020 - #6

Top Artists

2019 - #28
2020 - #27

Top Tracks

2019 - #10 (Shallow)
2020 - #36 (Rain On Me)

Well, that's a great improvement, she's now a truly streaming artist. I only wish she would release new material every year.

Spoiler

but we all know that's not gonna happen.