Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
8 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I can't pick a 'worst song' on Traumatica because to me every song is good :classic_ninja:

same I think it's the only album of hers I don't "actively dislike" any song (even tho a couple are meh to me)

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,886

Replay is a skip for me because the random high frequency notes don't play well with my tinnitus at all :bradley:

Till it happens to you, you won't know how I feel

Edited by beng
  • paws up 2
  • lol 1

11 minutes ago, Andreu said:

same I think it's the only album of hers I don't "actively dislike" any song (even tho a couple are meh to me)

I agree. I usually only skip Enigma (a filler) and Stupid Larva (it’s giving me a headache)

Edited by CherryPie

Pop-a-911-ster 29,757
1 minute ago, little legend said:

how can you not pick the worst songs on Chromatica? It's so easy for me

Stupid Love

1000 Doves

Plastic Dolls 

SL grew on me after VMAs

1000 Doves always was one ofmy fav

and Plastic Doll is one of the only with a real chorus

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 333
42 minutes ago, beng said:

Enigma has good vocals but the melody is just meh and goes nowhere. It's just a filler track.

The opening verses are boring as hell. The GP would just skip the song. A hit usually hooks the listener 10-15 seconds in.

Yea; I don't get the recent "Enigma as LG6 lead" comments. The verses are literally nonsensical, and NOT in a fun, catchy way (i.e., her iconic stuttering, or even "bluffin' with my muffin'"). "Violet light smears..."or "Goddess breathing!" No. 

Between the production, which sounds like it could've been brilliant but was "muzaked" by Bloodpop at the finish (see: 1000 Doves), and lyrics, I can't see it as more than a promo Single / unofficial promo song (the way Speechless served as a complement to the uptempo Singles while promoting TFM). 

38 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Enigma is a flawless song. End of story. Hang it up.

I think some elements could've been really great for this particular era, having come after Joanne / ASIB. Using Enigma as the album title for LG6 would've been smart marketing since she already established some recognition of it within the GP via LV Residency. The word itself also lends itself to promoting the multiple aspects of her talents, which goes hand-in-hand with how LG6 needed to sell to both old/dance-pop AND new/HAC-AC fans. 

The sweeping chorus/emotive vocals are everything I wanted in a song this era (Pop + Jazz / HAC styles); but, like I said earlier, something about the final product seems shmaltzy. I still think it would've been wise, PR-wise, to have used the song as a title track of sorts;

• In the background of any TV/:30 digital ads.
  • In the background of any ads for the TCB.
  • As a 2nd song during promo of SL / ROM.
  • In "Enigma" LV Residency ads.
  • In a Chromatica long-form visual.
14 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Same. I listen start-to-finish frequently, to this day, and the only skips for me ever are:

1. Sour Candy - I used it as my alarm / wakeup ringtone, so it startles me now.
  2. 1000 Doves - after realizing it ripped off Fly Tonight by RuPaul, I just can't take it seriously; the Piano Demo >>> by far.