Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster This Way 706
24 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Also, you have to remember that this was the so important sophomore album for Dua, which is usually the turning point/make or break moment for an artist's career. Of course she has to revise her rollout due to Corona and still find a way to plaster her face and her music everywhere, they couldn't afford a bad output cause they're still building a brand.

Gaga managed to catch people's attention anyway, even if for few days/weeks and even without lifting a finger until a month ago, her brand is well established now and people are still willing to look for her after years basing on her name alone, not everyone has that. As long as she doesn't wait 2023 to release new music, I'm sure she'll be fine.

This was the come back of popgaga after a mega hit like shallow and tons of awards.. She had the hype but it faded really soon.. I can t believe they are OK with these numbers... There is something we Don t know.. I fear gaga Isn t in a good place

• lol 1

5 minutes ago, beng said:

China?

Plsss

LlTO4td.jpg

OT:

I know why dua is trying hard because she has a lot to prove but I don't want era to fizzle out as ROM dies and 911 goes nowhere one of her best albums deserves another hit! I hope something reassuring happen! I believe in their single choice, 911 along with Sour Candy is the song most people like when they listen to album :) 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • lol 10

Kindness Admin 7,530
2 minutes ago, MissAsia said:

This was the come back of popgaga after a mega hit like shallow and tons of awards.. She had the hype but it faded really soon.. I can t believe they are OK with these numbers... There is something we Don t know.. I fear gaga Isn t in a good place

I think it's really a mix of the world and just that Gaga is deep into her career. She doesn't need and doesn't want to hustle the way she did when she was newer, like Dua is now. She's earned her place on the pantheon and that's what it is. Also, honestly, I/we love Chromatica, but it's not the GP's fave, that's just a fact.

• paws up 4

Popster for Sale 57,201
15 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Female Artists with the most week inside the top 10 (official chart album) this century around the world. 

1. Adele - 1984 weeks

2. Lady Gaga - 1397 weeks

3. Taylor Swift - 987 weeks

4. Beyoncé - 864 weeks

5. Rihanna - 792 weeks

6. Britney Spears - 754 weeks

* The numbers for Beyoncé are with her Destiny's Child career

* The charts used are : UK/US/Japan/Germany/France/Australia/New Zealand/Canada/Spain/Italy/Norway/Switzerland/Belgium/Netherlands/Portugal

So like I thought Gaga is the 2nd most global female artist this century only behind Godele. The Taylor stans better stop lying. 

I mean whoever assumes Taylor is not local AF is delusional :rip:

She focuses way too much on having huge US sales but the results are always disproportionate internationally, the only era when she saw international success was 1989 and still the album sold 1M in the UK when all her peers have multi-million selling albums in the country, and let’s not even talk about other countries 

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1

4 minutes ago, admin said:

I think it's really a mix of the world and just that Gaga is deep into her career. She doesn't need and doesn't want to hustle the way she did when she was newer, like Dua is now. She's earned her place on the pantheon and that's what it is. Also, honestly, I/we love Chromatica, but it's not the GP's fave, that's just a fact.

Yes I can agree with all that, and you can only do so much with an era GP aren't mad on (the equivalent of Dua's smash era rn anyway lol) but her team have a tendency to focus a lot on getting the best out of one song and then no plans to milk afterwards - I hope something happens soon so we can track something or 911 takes off more 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 706
3 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

She focuses way too much on having huge US sales but the results are always disproportionate internationally, the only era when she saw international success was 1989 and still the album sold 1M in the UK when all her peers have multi-million selling albums in the country, and let’s not even talk about other countries 

Well she started with country music which is irrelevant outside USA.. 

Pop-a-911-ster 39,266
4 minutes ago, admin said:

I think it's really a mix of the wold and then just that Gaga is deep into her career. She doesn't need and doesn't want to hustle the way she did when she was newer, like Dua is now. She's earned her place on the pantheon and that's what it is. Also, honestly, I/we love Chromatica, but it's not the GP's fave, that's just a fact.

Especially in the US lol, it’s so male hip-hop/ rap dominated that the females that are able to get big hits right now are few and far in between. For a while before the release of folklore didn’t only Selena and Gaga hit #1 on the BB 200? I know that it’s not the most successful album of Gaga’s career but she still managed to get a solo Top 5 and another #1 with ROM. She’s gonna get a handful of platinum and gold singles and another platinum album and Chromatica went #1. I mean if she wins another Grammy or 2 then the only thing missing is what, album sales? Okay I’ll take that. It’s not the most friendly climate to pop women right now. Props to Gaga for being one of the few woman doing REALLY well globally and in the US right now.

• paws up 5

4 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

People who says Taylor is local are really ridicolous. If the 60-70% of her sales come from the US it doesn’t mean she doesn’t sell good outside the US. She is still big outside US.

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 706
2 minutes ago, Matteo Remondi said:

People who says Taylor is local are really ridicolous. If the 60-70% of her sales come from the US it doesn’t mean she doesn’t sell good outside the US. She is still big outside US.

This

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,672
23 minutes ago, MissAsia said:

brie candy teas 

• lol 5

A Popster Is Born 11,830
49 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I would love some lyric videos to be honest. Especially since Chromatica is a dance-pop album lyric videos would be good to boost streams 

or even something like the smile video series - It did pretty well for Katy’s standards so imagine Gaga’s numbers :awkney:

Lets be honest, no one cares about lyric videos. You ll just watch it 3 times and thats it 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
52 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I would love some lyric videos to be honest.

If they are like The Cure and Sour Candy, she can keep them lmao. Not fit for purpose :snake:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
27 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Plsss

LlTO4td.jpg

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• lol 5

A Popster Is Born 11,555

I gotta tell you I'm scrihming a bit. :dean_scream:
There is a new TV Show on Polish National TV on Saturday evenings about America where they invite polish people that live in USA to chat about the country, traditions etc. And there are musical guests as well.
And this Saturday, our Main Pop Girl - Cleo - will sing Fashion by Gaga.
NOT Fashion! - it will be Fashion. :pillow:

At the beginning of this trailer :leap:

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

2 hours ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

They don't have a choice no - but look at how efficient Dua's team are this era, with lyric videos, remixes promo etc. They seem like they're not that bothered. BMH may go off TTH soon but Levitating is ready and waiting it already has a MV and a Madonna remix. I don't believe that 911 can't get a better launch then just pop rising and a MV - Even if 911 got put on a local playlist it'd be better than rn. She's Gaga fgs not Carly Rae Jepsen

It's more that I feel her team just weren't as prepared for the momentum to slow right down as ROM dies. it was going well on streaming now Chromatica is right back down to below 4m daily . It just feels like they don't see it as important - I think there needs to be something more going on than what has currently happening with the era to get it going. 

Gurl, the remixes did nothing for FN (only a 1 week effect, wow, so efficient). Don’t even get me started on the lyric videos with less than 10M views chile :shakes: (the highest views they got was 13M views and we saw with the 911 mv that supposed nothing for the song and a 1 week effect for the album, again, not efficient). Dua is the moment. Playlists want to put her there because she is the moment. She had DSN, a huge hit, Physical performing very well and BMH performing well enough and a successful album who is still one of the most streamed female albums on the platform. Of course she will be treated better than Gaga.

And the team speculations are just :rip:

Who do you think her team is made of? Angry bananas instead of very well prepared experts on the field :war:

I have to laugh.

Pop-a-911-ster 39,266
9 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Gurl, the remixes did nothing for FN (only a 1 week effect, wow, so efficient). Don’t even get me started on the lyric videos with less than 10M views chile :shakes: (the highest views they got was 13M views and we saw with the 911 mv that supposed nothing for the song and a 1 week effect for the album, again, not efficient). Dua is the moment. Playlists want to put her there because she is the moment. She had DSN, a huge hit, Physical performing very well and BMH performing well enough and a successful album who is still one of the most streamed female albums on the platform. Of course she will be treated better than Gaga.

And the team speculations are just :rip:

Who do you think her team is made of? Angry bananas instead of very well prepared experts on the field :war:

I have to laugh.

I don’t know why you’re surprised? The Little Managers think they know how to manage a mega pop stars career better than the professionals. It’s an actual joke. Half of these people thought ASIB was the dumbest idea ever (her doing a remake for her first movie with music was very criticized and many had doubts about her acting even after AHS lol) and only after Shallow blew up did people actually think it was a good idea. 

Fun fact: 99.99% of us know absolutely nothing about to manage a pop star much less someone of Gaga’s degree and to assume you’d do better is a fucking joke :katy_pie:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • lol 1