Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Deactivated 14,311
2 hours ago, Twitter said:

It’s so annoying cause Gaga has the potential to put out quality R&B pop tracks but she chooses not to. :snake:

She needs to return to it tbh! DWUW is still my favourite song but I had to remove it from my list because she removed it too. She should have repackaged Artpop with the solo version tbh.

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,110
19 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

She needs to return to it tbh! DWUW is still my favourite song but I had to remove it from my list because she removed it too. She should have repackaged Artpop with the solo version tbh.

The solo version still has R. Kelly as a writer, even when he doesn't sing. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,922
x3

Songs on Chromatica that could have been  better lead single than Stupid Love:

-Alice -Free Woman -Fun Tonight - 911 -Sine From Above -Babylon -Enigma -Replay - Sour Candy -Rain On Me

:shine: 

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,922
x3
5 minutes ago, Elvira said:

Why is this thread pretty much the only active part of this forum? Y'all making ten pages per day while the rest is like zzzZzz :classic_mellow:

Because this thread is the best thread on this forum:shine:

And also cause we are chart nerds with no personal life and we have a obsessed relationship with charts and knowing every single stream that Shallow gains:shakes:

This is us , you are gonna love us:happydance:

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 5

Popster for Sale 57,181
2 minutes ago, Elvira said:

Why is this thread pretty much the only active part of this forum? Y'all making ten pages per day while the rest is like zzzZzz :classic_mellow:

Because we love the bling not the music so we love to track stuff :ally:

Speaking of which, I can’t believe the masterpiece MTN has yet to reach 100M both on YouTube (88M) and Spotify (65M), I remember back in 2014 it was at like 60M on YouTube :gaga-scream:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

1 minute ago, little legend said:

And also cause we are chart nerds with no personal life and we have a obsessed relationship with charts and knowing every single stream that Shallow gains:shakes:

Just now, Fame Romance said:

Because we love the bling not the music so we love to track stuff :ally:

I literally screamed reading this :gaga-scream: lmao. Got it, makes sense I guess :leap:

• lol 3

The Fame Popster 333
1 hour ago, Delusional said:

Easily her biggest hit everyone say thank you ariana

Ugh. I am easily 1 of the most critical fans of Gaga, but I can't handle this particular rhetoric; everything Gaga has released since SBHTS has had incredible reception. Previously, her most recent singles peaked at #15 (PI) / #52 (MR). 

1. The Cure = #39 debut (< 1 week of tracking/sales, minimal Radio) / peak on BB100; 14 weeks total.
  2. Shallow = #28 debut/#1 peak on BB100 / #5 after OST release; 45 weeks total.
  3. ARUTW = #41 debut/peak on BB100; 9 weeks total (non-single).
  4. INLA = #36 debut/peak on BB100; 7 weeks total (non-single).
  5. Stupid Love = #5 debut/peak on BB100; 10 weeks total.
  6. Rain On Me = #1 debut/peak on BB100; 20 weeks total.
  7. Sour Candy = #33 debut (/peak on BB100; 2 weeks total (released 1 day prior to tracking week, no Radio, no MV).

Meanwhile, Ariana has had her fair share of flops, particularly collabs. These are the most prominent since she rose toward her peak (2016 onward):

1. SWU = #1 peak; 18 weeks total.
  2. Boyfriend = #8 peak; 8 weeks total.
  3. Bed = #42 peak; 8 weeks total.
  4. DCMA = #13 peak; 7 weeks total.
  5. Everyday = #55 peak; 7 weeks total.
  6. Heatstroke = #96 peak; 1 week total.

ROM was a hit because of multiple factors, and would've been an even bigger hit with better promo, as is the case with nearly every single Gaga release, compared to Ariana who has the benefit of a younger fanbase and eager management.

42 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

The solo version still has R. Kelly as a writer, even when he doesn't sing. 

This doesn't make sense to me, since the Xtina remix ALSO has RK credited as a songwriter. By allowing that version to remain on streaming services, it shows that pulling the original was clearly done for the sake of optics. However, it's entirely unfair to the other writers and credited professionals who would otherwise be earning royalties to not at the very least put the Xtina - or a solo - version on the album.

I also don't understand how Levitating (ft. DaBaby), Fever, etc. appear on Future Nostalgia on Spotify, while DWUW (ft. Xtina) is not on ARTPOP. Shouldn't remixes be automatically added and accrue SPS/sales toward the original? Or, is this another failure by Interscope? 

I mean, in an ideal world, songs like The Cure would've also been added onto Joanne, etc., but DWUW is a clearer example in my opinion. 

• lol 3

Popster for Sale 57,181

Plastic Hearts is very good, I definitely enjoyed the first part more than the second but it’s still great overall

Hope it doesn’t tank as bad as Younger Now (not “Chromatica” tank, that one did 5-36) since it has 2 active singles, we’ll see 

Edited by Fame Romance

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

You didn’t know he was the co-writer? :ohyes:

For the verses he was on but not the Solo version. She made it sound like she got him in after.

Deactivated 14,311
47 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Gaga’s original lyrics were the solo’s second verse which she and Xtina eventually started singing. But the first verse and his verse was all co-written by him and I believe DJWS too. 

The More You Know GIF

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 305
6 minutes ago, Andreu said:

4M in 3 hours

smilega.thumb.jpg.4d9078582c4bd04092f4a7

He’s everywhere. I think it’s because I was watching a Latin news station but I saw three Bad Bunny commercials back to back.