Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster to Popster 4,420
1 hour ago, PerfectGUY said:

LUCID by Rina Sawayama produced by Bloodpop is a Stupid Love mess (I love SL don't get me wrong)

but it's the same mistake repeated all over again. I honestly think that he's the reason for the little parts I don't like in Chromatica. I love EDM music but I think he's not that good of an edm producer. Productions on Fun Tonight, Enigma or 1000 Doves made songs with HUGE potential fall flat for me (I still love these songs don't get me wrong once more)

Rina still had Dynasty to push from her album, I don't get why she released LUCID when it sounds like that

Dynasty is out of this world good and her new song is just generic Bloodpop edm :( 

Popster for Sale 41,880
7 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The fact that ROM was doing that much units and could’ve spent 5 weeks at #1 in the UK just like Positions which is selling like 30k weekly units :bradley:All that for that tragic Rockstar song, at least it reached #1 for a week 

Interscope probably didn't care because DaBaby is also their artist.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Isnt gaga besties with Tchami? can't he do a couple remixes for her? :dean_scream:

2 hours ago, artgagapop said:

btw can't believe Yummy got a pop solo grammy nom, Stupid bomb would have been more fitting then that song :rip:

TBH, since SL was never gonna win I prefer that it's not nominated, since if it was nominated, many people would see SL as the weakest competitor and drag it.

2 hours ago, PerfectGUY said:

LUCID by Rina Sawayama produced by Bloodpop is a Stupid Love mess (I love SL don't get me wrong)

but it's the same mistake repeated all over again. I honestly think that he's the reason for the little parts I don't like in Chromatica. I love EDM music but I think he's not that good of an edm producer. Productions on Fun Tonight, Enigma or 1000 Doves made songs with HUGE potential fall flat for me (I still love these songs don't get me wrong once more)

I agree 100% with that, Chromatica production is fine but it could have shined a lot more. On the other hand, Bloodpop is Gaga's friend and I think he motivated her a lot to work, while maybe another producer would have not cared at all.

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,129

This is Shania Twains biggest hit in basically every European country, yet it wasn't even released as a single in the US and Canada. Maybe because we have taste and her team knew North America doesn't :ally:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,967
x3
1 hour ago, Miaou said:

Daisies :

24.5M views in 6 months

It's doing 15K+views per day and it looks like it won't surpass Joanne Piano version's MV :rip:

Smile

33.4M views in 3 months

It's doing 100K views per day and it looks like it won't surpass John Wayne's MV :rip:

Harleys In Hawaii 

32.6M views in 1+ year

It's doing 17K views per day and it looks like it won't surpass John Wayne's MV :rip:

Never Worn White

33.9M views in 9 months 

It's doing 10K views per day and it looks like it won't surpass John Wayne's MV :rip:

Small Talk

29.9M views in 1+year 

It's doing 10K views per day and it looks like it won't surpass John Wayne's MV :rip:

Total (with 5 MV) : 153M views

The standards of Katy Perry in 2020 are worse than Gaga during Joanne I- 

i remember that Katy kats got brave when Never Worn White did 1m more in the first day on YouTube than Stupid Love and were shading forth and back Gaga . Half a year late Stupid Love has 100m more views or 4x more views

Karma hitted them hard :katy_pie:

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,781
57 minutes ago, little legend said:

i remember that Katy kats got brave when Never Worn White did 1m more in the first day on YouTube than Stupid Love and were shading forth and back Gaga . Half a year late Stupid Love has 100m more views or 4x more views

Karma hitted them hard :katy_pie:

Nothing beats pregnancy hype, but that + bots were the only thing carrying NWW. 

I also felt like she rush released that after Gaga to get some press out of that. Like she usually did in past.

Popster for Sale 57,289

Middays:

Shallow: 1,324,920,124 (+1,075,930)

ROM: 447,328,512 (+1,031,498)

ARUTW: 517,041,060 (+516,773)   Crossed 500k for the first time in a while thanks to the Brazil airing :ally:

Bad Romance: 475,150,573 (+395,316)

Sour Candy: 162,034,126 (+326,606)

SL: 205,909,272 (+285,976)

911: 60,699,140 (+237,157)

• paws up 13
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
10 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Considering that countries like the UK give this out automatically and free this seems even more stupid. 

It's cringy that they ask for money but on the other hand the fact some labels dont want to pay 900 dollars for it is cringy as well

• paws up 4

Popster This Way 567
22 hours ago, Fame Romance said:

She really does amazing on streaming with no hits for a decade, her name alone is still relevant in people’s minds

Even Lemonade that was put on Spotify 3 years after its release has some decent numbers

cause honestly she makes great music ...Like brown skin girl is flawless (also a great song by her) Gaga also makes good music/but hasn´t as much music as beyonce (who is also longer in the biz)

• paws up 1

1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

This is Shania Twains biggest hit in basically every European country, yet it wasn't even released as a single in the US and Canada. Maybe because we have taste and her team knew North America doesn't :ally:

That's only statistically. I don't think the song is very remembered nowadays. It doesn't feel like it's really her biggest European hit.

Popster for Sale 44,781

No one in Europe knows who Shania Twain is to be honest. Everyone knows the "Man I feel like a woman" song because it's so oftenly used as a punchline in comedy movies/ whenever there is a striptease scene and whatever. But I only learned who Shania Twain was by joining this cult-like sites. :shakes:

• paws up 4