Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 41,886
Just now, zcasx said:

Folklore was such a move in the right direction. Lover was alright but it showed little progression as an artist. Really excited for what's next from Taylor. 

I'd like to believe Chromatica was to Gaga's discography what Lover was to Taylor's. A cohesive album returning to the sound that made them successful but with little artistic progression. Next comes our Folklore :shakes:

C3C with original songs me thinks

22C8D875-B3DD-473A-8AC7-0F83A4CB680F.thu

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 44,818

I would love if Gaga did a analog album like Joanne but leaning more towards glam rock and less towards country. Like an album full of songs like speechless, brown eyes, teeth, even a-yo but with even more instrumentation, funky songs. That would be awesome. 

Popster for Sale 41,886
15 minutes ago, Miaou said:

I'll Never Love Again 291M views spacer.png 9M more and the non-single will reach 300M views spacer.png 

We love her amazing team spacer.png

Maybe people watch it for the glitchless audio spacer.png

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,886
Just now, gabrielflorin01 said:

Could Dua Lipa pull a Billie Vanillie and swep everything at the Grammys? Her album is pretty Grammy-bitting with all the '80s pop influences, a cheaper version of 1989. :leap:

I think Taylor has an edge over her.

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,331
1 hour ago, ARTPOP said:

Currently fighting with my boyfriend because he said FN is better than Chromatica. F*ck him

Gurll are you littlepotter??

Popster for Sale 44,818

Let's all take a moment to be grateful for the fact that Tones And I turned out to be just a 1 hit wonder. 

pray GIF

Dance Monkey has no business being that big of a hit when it's one of the most annoying pop songs in all history. 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,290
6 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Could Dua Lipa pull a Billie Vanillie and swep everything at the Grammys? Her album is pretty Grammy-bitting with all the '80s pop influences, a cheaper version of 1989. :leap:

For me FN has nothing to do with 1989, the latter is very much contemporary pop with even some EDM elements (Wonderland's chorus for example) that was trendy in 2014-2016, it has barely any 'retro' elements 

I personally think 1989 is a good pop album but it's far from being groundbreaking or anything, it won AOTY because it was a commercial smash, just like 25 by Adele that won over Lemonade because it's the best-selling album of the last decade after her own 21

For AOTY they reward either a big commercial success with overall positive reviews (21, Fearless, 25, 1989, 24k Magic) or unknown albums with absolute critical acclaim (Beck's album, Kacey Musgraves, Billie's album which as a mixture of both)

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
Spoiler

I agree FN has nothing do with 1989, but speaking about cheaper versions, you could argue 1989 was the cheaper version of Teenage Dream :shakes:

@Fame Romance Billie literally had the biggest selling album last year sis

Edited by Andreu

The Fame Popster 468

Okay just had a listened to exile and its lyrics.

Doesn't the song feels abit like Shallow? It's basically a conversation between 2 individual who love but misunderstood each other. Still there are distinct differences between Exile and Shallow.

Anyone wants to chip in on this?

Anyway exile is hauntingly beautiful!!

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,818
2 minutes ago, gagaxuan said:

Okay just had a listened to exile and its lyrics.

Doesn't the song feels abit like Shallow? It's basically a conversation between 2 individual who love but misunderstood each other. Still there are distinct differences between Exile and Shallow.

Anyone wants to chip in on this?

Anyway exile is hauntingly beautiful!!

Shallow for me seems to be a song about falling in love with someone and letting it yourself go. While Exile is about leaving someone. So they seem to be opposite in that sense, but other than that they do have similarities. Bradley and Bon's deep voice, the relationship-conversation themed lyrics. Good point.

• thanks 1