Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 39,337

Okay here are my final thoughts and then I'm done talking about the GRAMMYs becuase they made me so upset:

- The Weeknd - TOTALLY Snubbed, not okay. Not even a single nomination.

- Gaga - TBH looking at the noms I still think Gaga and Chromatica deserved 1-2 GF nominations and potentially a MV nomination, why did Adore You get a MV nomination but Harry can't get anything in the GF?

- Harry - Another snub, pop noms but NOTHING in the general field...why do the GRAMMYs hate him so much?

- Justin - 5 nominations lol what a joke, you had great options to put in for Pop Solo like Selena's LYTLM and instead we get sh!t like Yummy? Also for Pop Vocal we got Changes....like what......

- Fiona Apple - Best reviwed album of the damn year and it got shut out from the GF lol okay

- Maren Morris/Gabby Barrett - One of the biggest country songs of the damn year and both these woman held out of the GF, nothing for The Bones and Gabby's "I Hope" which is currently Top 5 in america got nothing lol, Gabby couldn't even get a BNA nom while Noah f-in' Cyrus could.....

- Beyonce - I love Black Parade but she/it does not deserve all the love it got. Clearly the GRAMMYs had an agenda there.

- Dua/Taylor - Deserved nominations for the most part!!!! :) 

• paws up 7

Popster for Sale 41,832
10 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Youre literally the only person I have seen that calls it one

It just doesnt feel like one because of how big it did. The rollout is nothing compared to her main albums.

Popster for Sale 44,744

These nominations are cringe-worthy

Grammys have no credibility anymore. 

Happy for Gaga's noms! I think she won't win any though which is fine. I most want her to perform and promote the album but I don't see that happening either so whatever.

Also happy for Taylor and Dua. 

F-ck Paper Magazine, I get real excited for a hot minute.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,337

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/weeknd-grammy-snubs-1234839064/

“I don’t think [the Weeknd’s omission calls the nominations] process into question, honestly,” he said. “The process is there so we can continue to monitor excellence. I was in the ‘core room’ this year [which decides the main categories] and I observed, and the people in it are music professionals, at the top of their craft in songwriting and producing and there are a lot of artists. And they were critically listening to every song that came across their desks — or virtual desks — so I don’t think it shows a flaw in the process. It’s a long, arduous process and people take pride in it. The people in that room care: there are no agendas in there, there’s no ‘let’s snub this person’ or that person. It’s about, ‘Let’s try and find excellence.’”

.....Okay GRAMMYs...whatever you gotta tell yourself. lol

Popster for Sale 44,744

Justin Bieber is on another level of Delusion :rip:

His album was panned and it flopped and he still got 5 nominations and is still throwing a fit :rip:

flexing delusions of grandeur GIF

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,337
Just now, zcasx said:

Cardigan for SOTY also makes no sense and I loved Folklore. 

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

feeling used and old = cardigan under the bed 

feeling lost and alone = floating through the air like a plastic bag

Folklore is well written but Cardigan is so mediocre

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,744

I doubt Abel gives a flying f-ck about the Scammies when he had a HUGE HUGE song and album this year.

He also pulled that whole "I can't celebrate because there are injustices in the world" during the VMA's which seemed so dumb and performative so I doubt he cares about awards. Not feeling sorry for him, although objectively the album/song should have noms.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 567
On 11/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, Twitter said:

Unpopular opinion: Taylor and Ariana should take a break. I respect they passion and hustle, but it’s becoming a little overwhelming. :gaga-scream:

This sure she can rerecord her albums and publish them (suck that scooter) ....But no album from taylor please in the near future and no new arianna unless she brings thank you next, sweetener stuff back ....I listen to her older stuff way more (like i haven´t listen to her new album since it first came out) so any grammy news ?

Pop-a-911-ster 39,337
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The way Un Día (One Day) by Dua just randomly got in Pop Duo/Group performance tho Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

They probably wanted to represent one Latin song and one K-Pop song (Dynamite) in this category

I still think ROM is the front runner tbh :tea: i refuse to believe that BTS will win that GRAMMY and I don’t think exile will beat us, Taylor will win other awards but not that one. Really praying for a win

• paws up 2