Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster This Way 646
3 hours ago, Hags Labs said:

So... We'll find out tomorrow if 911 made it to BB200 right? 

I’m guessing it will enter. Even though it didn’t enter the Spotify top200 throughout the week, 911 was #9 on the yt chart and it might have an “ok” number of downloads internationally...

But yes, the complete Billboard global200 is out tomorrow.

Edited by GuiLM
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,420
47 minutes ago, entela said:

Lady Gaga isn't capable of doing an album as bad as folkbore.

mmmmm we must have really different tastes in music then, I think Folklore is better than at least like 3 Gaga albums and if I say which one's I might get banned lmao 

Spoiler

I've really been enjoying Taylor's discography lately, I might be entering a co-stanning situation lol

Edited by WildAmerican
  • paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 2

6 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

mmmmm we must have really different tastes in music then, I think Folklore is better than at least like 3 Gaga albums and if I say which one's I might get banned lmao 

I don't know about being better than 3 Gaga albums but folklore really delivers quality for sure

OT: You and I almost at 100m

STREAM :dean_scream:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,959
12 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've really been enjoying Taylor's discography lately, I might be entering a co-stanning situation lol

Folklore is better than Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica yes you can say it :pillow: But Taylor doesn’t have masterpiece ala ASIB or TFM so we win 

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 16,862

so i was browsing Gaga's digital performance by country in Kworb and was asking myself what "Firefly" is as it is the only charting song  in iTunes New Zealand along with ROM

:oscar:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,420
4 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Folklore is better than Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica yes you can say it :pillow: But Taylor has no masterpiece ala ASIB or TFM so we win 

well there it is, this I agree with.

For me, I think I prefer acoustic sounding stuff over heavy dance pop (not that I don't love dance music) which is why I like albums like Folklore and ASIB more than Chromatica 

Edited by WildAmerican

A Popster Is Born 11,943
50 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

so i was browsing Gaga's digital performance by country in Kworb and was asking myself what "Firefly" is as it is the only charting song  in iTunes New Zealand along with ROM

a BOP! A-YO wishes :shakes:

Seriously love this song

• paws up 1

1 hour ago, FRANZGA said:

I love this album so much, it brings back good memories of 2014 :)

time to stream it on spotify whew

• yaas, gaga 1

2 hours ago, GuiLM said:

I’m guessing it will enter. Even though it didn’t enter the Spotify top200 throughout the week, 911 was #9 on the yt chart and it might have an “ok” number of downloads internationally...

But yes, the complete Billboard global200 is out tomorrow.

Good! Thank you! 

Kindness Admin 7,552
5 hours ago, DeanClownchester said:

I'm guessing 911 truly is just for the fans now? They aren't very aggressive with their approach in playlisting, no radio push, etc. Is the era over commercially speaking? Just see what it does on its own/mv releases?

Not complaining by the way, just wondering.

I think they wanted to see how the reaction went before they commit. I think they’ll push it more. I also really think they’ll push Fun Tonight and/or Babylon in 2021. 

5 hours ago, thehanyo said:

Folklore is an incredible album that benefitted from perfect strategic timing.

We shouldn't be jealous. We should just be sad that a global pandemic was the literal WORST time for Gaga to drop a return-to-form electronic-dance album - no clubs, no parties.

Rain On Me was the only thing that was perfectly-timed-- for a week. We had reached the point of the pandemic where people wanted to dance and escape. The message of the song resonated perfectly. And then the BLM protests started and all of the sudden the message of the song couldn't work with people. :(

10000000% this. And folklore is legit incredible, just like Taylor. 

Chromatica’s terrible luck is literally irrelevant compared to what’s happening this year, but it’s what we got. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,611
6 hours ago, thehanyo said:

Nicola said the era was just getting started with the VMA performance. That would be insane if he knew that only meant a couple interviews and one more video were coming lol.

I'm sure more stuff will Come in the future, but I really hate the way Gaga is working. She was posting new Photo on Insta everyday before 911 video and then with the release, many posts about it, links to the video for a few days and then back to the Total silence. Like - casually drop a new Photo on Insta, tweet something funny or simple 'stream Chromatica'. :gaga-scream:

Being very active for a week with plenty of content and then going On another blackout is the WORST :nicki_scream:

• paws up 3

Kindness Admin 7,552
2 minutes ago, PanPikus said:

I'm sure more stuff will Come in the future, but I really hate the way Gaga is working. She was posting new Photo on Insta everyday before 911 video and then with the release, many posts about it, links to the video for a few days and then back to the Total silence. Like - casually drop a new Photo on Insta, tweet something funny or simple 'stream Chromatica'. :gaga-scream:

Being very active for a week with plenty of content and then going On another blackout is the WORST :nicki_scream:

Y'all give her less than a week before you call it a blackout :uhh:. I know you're not that serious, but it makes me laugh.

We chartsters want our girl to have all the success, but honestly, we care way more than she does :pillow:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,611
6 minutes ago, admin said:

Y'all give her less than a week before you call it a blackout :uhh:. I know you're not that serious, but it makes me laugh.

We chartsters want our girl to have all the success, but honestly, we care way more than she does :pillow:

I'm never that serious :shakes:

But I just hate it like that :pillow:

• lol 1