Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 44,815

Wow this gorgeous performance. The rain makes it so much more beautiful and Joanne is such a good song.

Them calling it a commercial hit though :ohyes:

Does this confirm that JWT has been filmed? Why wasn't it released? Does Gaga have a kink for cancelling stuff?

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,331

According to sources on ATRL,Taylor is second most nominated artist and the most nominated is also a female, so people are saying it's Dua since she's been invited to announce the nominations. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,815
2 minutes ago, TINDER said:

According to sources on ATRL,Taylor is second most nominated artist and the most nominated is also a female, so people are saying it's Dua since she's been invited to announce the nominations. 

Makes sense... 

Imagine if it was Gaga, she would have to go to the Grammys in that case, maybe even perform. 

Expecting 3 noms maximum though.

Edited by zcasx

Popster This Way 724
4 minutes ago, TINDER said:

I thought the weekend would lead

Moderator 17,129
1 hour ago, TINDER said:

so people are saying it's Dua since she's been invited to announce the nominations. 

Not likely. Dua didn' even win Best New Artist and the academy hasn't been very impressed by her since.

EDIT: (She won BNA and Best Electronic Dance Recording for her Mark Ronson collab)

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,886

Producers don't know who are the nominees and winners beforehand. They arrange the performances/categories announced based on guesses, at least for the actual ceremony.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
5 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Not likely. Dua didn' even win Best New Artist and the academy hasn't been very impressed by her since.

dua DID win best new artist

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/dua-lipa/243376

Actually she's won every category she's been nominated to (2/2)

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1

Moderator 17,129
3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

dua DID win best new artist

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/dua-lipa/243376

Actually she's won every category she's been nominated to (2/2)

I thought she was nominated in 2018 and lost against Alessia Cara. Why the hell was Dua nominated in 2019 of all years?

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,886
5 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

I thought she was nominated in 2018 and lost against Alessia Cara. Why the hell was Dua nominated in 2019 of all years?

Commercial breakthrough in late 2017, which means 2019 ceremony.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 468

tbh, I still think Gaga suffered from mental illness or physical pain back during June- early Aug.

That's why she's been so silent all the while.

Remember when one alleged insider speculate this is exactly what's been going on. Then suddenly the whole world woke up to deny it and clarify that Gaga was fine. 

I still think they are trying to hide the fact that something happened bts. Even maybe now lol and Gaga's in the midst of healing. 

Okay the end of my delusion. Bye

• paws up 1
  • sad 1