Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 29,021
x3
27 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

But really how perfect it would’ve been if she had released Alice as lead, it perfectly encapsulates the Chromatica vibe and is the perfect intro for the era

It would be easily at 300M+ on Spotify and 200M+ on YouTube with a good video :bradley:

exactly i think it could also do well on the radio + with an amazing video it could be huge

but instead of this we got Stupid Stupid Flop with a cheap video and tacky choreo

:nicki_scream: she said hmm there is a lot of hype on me cause of the ASIB era, the most since BTW era, lets make Stupid Love  the lead and destroy every last piece of hype there is around me and also let it then rot and never promote it

:nicki_scream::katy_pie::nicki_scream:

• lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,440
5 minutes ago, little legend said:

exactly i think it could also do well on the radio + with an amazing video it could be huge

but instead of this we got Stupid Stupid Flop with a cheap video and tacky choreo

:nicki_scream: she said hmm there is a lot of hype on me cause of the ASIB era, the most since BTW era, lets make Stupid Love  the lead and destroy every last piece of hype there is around me and also let it then rot and never promote it

:nicki_scream::katy_pie::nicki_scream:

Yeah thankfully we got ROM, imagine the lashings if SL was the biggest song from Chromatica :katy_pie:

Back in the dark SL days we just hoped Chromatica could open with like 130k and laughed at anyone who expected 200k+:katy_pie:

• paws up 1
  • sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 333
1 hour ago, Fame Romance said:

But really how perfect it would’ve been if she had released Alice as lead, it perfectly encapsulates the Chromatica vibe and is the perfect intro for the era

1 hour ago, Delusional said:

I’m not the biggest fan of the song but it’s more GP friendly than Stupid Love. 

Any lead other than Stupid Love would've been disastrous. Perfect Illusion was probably the best choice for Joanne, too, since no other song could've gotten enough Airplay to debut #15 / let the GP know Gaga had new music. That these 2 were the best options on LG5/6 is an issue, though; the final track-lists should've contained more commercially viable solo tracks (+ARTPOP).

A lead single needs to be GP-friendly; it has to sell an album, tour, and keep momentum. LG6 lead was always going to be difficult since PI failed on all platforms and she'd just smashed with a much different/HAC sound on ASIB. Stupid Love was the best bet for her Pop comeback; it:

• Fit current trends of Pop (retro/disco) Radio.
  • Was tailored to streaming (~3 mins).
  • Was emptier lyrically / less auto-tuned than prior dance/electronic singles.

Alice is a great intro to Chromatica and should've been released as a promo single (see below); but, its dance/house production (vs. dance-influenced Pop of SL) would've clashed with Radio (i.e., PI in 2016). Her vocals are distorted throughout, which would turn off most ASIB fans.

TL;DR

Stupid Love was played on Radio upon release and:

• Climbed to #11 on Pop Songs (impossible for a song like Alice).
  • Debuted #5 on BB100.
  • MV views far outpaced any Gaga single in 7 years / her contemporaries.
  • Hovered in the 25-35 range for much of its 10-week Chart run.
  • Allowed Rain On Me to debut #1 on BB100, Chromatica to debut #1 (~275k sales) on BB200, TCB to sell extremely well, etc.

As discussed ad nauseum, the problem is that weeks 5-8, nothing was done to bring awareness as it lost steam from its initial audience. This would've sunk ANY lead; the era would've gone MUCH better with a few small moves:

1. 4/10 - Alice (promo single) on streaming/digital platforms.
  2. 4/10 - Alice (MV); debuted during live fan event on original album release date.
  3. 4/15 - Stupid Love (acoustic); performance at Together At Home.
  4. 4/17 - Stupid Love (acoustic); on streaming/digital platforms.
Edited by JustJames
  • paws up 2
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,021
x3
26 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Pre-airing stats. 1.5 hours to go.

Brazil

iTunes:
12. Shallow
20. Always Remember Us This Way
28. I'll Never Love Again
78. I'll Never Love Again

Apple Music:
51. Shallow
161. Always Remember Us This Way

Apple Music Albums:
50. A Star Is Born Soundtrack

why they are all already so high

i mean it hasnt even aired yet 

:rip:

Pop-a-911-ster 23,254

Miss ASIB already having like 11 trends in Brazil

#LadyGagaNaGlobo 
#NasceUmaEstrela 
Star is Born
Shallow

Ally
Always Remember Us This Way
Bradley Cooper
Paula Fernandes :rip:
Willam
Shangela
Never Love Again

Bolded trended WW too

• paws up 3
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 4

Shallow Official Music Video - 977M

Shallow Oscars - 354M

Shallow Lyric Videos - 96M + 39M + 76M + 9M

Shallow Karaoke - 28M + 10M + 8M + 5M

Shallow Live at Enigma - 45M + 25 M + 13M

Shallow Audio - 16M + 41M

and there are a bunch of 1-2 Million viewed videos.

Queen of youtube indeed. all videos including 1-2 million viewed ones has approximately 1.8 billion views

Edited by 0707alp
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2

5 minutes ago, 0707alp said:

Shallow Official Music Video - 977M

Shallow Oscars - 354M

Shallow Lyric Videos - 96M + 39M + 76M + 9M

Shallow Karaoke - 28M + 10M + 8M + 5M

Shallow Live at Enigma - 45M + 25 M + 13M

Shallow Audio - 16M + 41M

and there are a bunch of 1-2 Million viewed videos.

Queen of youtube indeed. all videos including 1-2 million viewed ones has approximately 1.8 billion views

Around 750M for ARUTW and and 600M for INLA. She should do some Disney animation voice acting Frozen stule and her stats will be always amazing

• paws up 1