Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 57,181
21 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Define great lmao

It was doing fine until yesterday when it started tanking harder than titanic :bradley:

The time of it getting micro views has arrived :bradley:

Not the views catching up as I wrote this 

The girl just needed some pressure :rat:

24M

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Delusional said:

the only thing that presses me about swifties is when they try and call her versatile 

like switching from country to pop to alt is impressive but she isn’t exactly switching it up vocally :awkney: 

but aside from that I do agree with you and I understand your point tbh

I do believe she is versatile, find me another artist who switched and got this much success. you can't deny Fearless slayed country, 1989 slayed pop music and folklore slayed alternative.

Now can she transition to acting if she wanted to? I don't think so for now, but I mean I was scared after seeing AHS Hotel and other Gaga attempts in which I found her sometimes lacking something... ASIB blew my mind tho

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,787
Just now, Andreu said:

I am still kinda scared 911 will become another GUY/MTN/Eh Eh

You forgot John Wayne. (Surprised that I remembered lol. I have no impression whatsoever about the content of the video tbh.)

Pop-a-911-ster 39,259
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Um that’s what makes those songs fun to sing in the car because your imagining your rock star husband just died and your performing in front of a crowd pouring your emotions out and snatching the weaves from the front row to the back

I’m on a zoom call at work and I just laughed so fucking hard lol, good thing I was on mute but they still saw me die of laughter. Thank you for that laugh. I needed that.  :nicki_scream:

Just now, chartgaga said:

it probably didn't

omg... that'd be TERRIBLE. I have faith tho. Exile was able to chart at the very bottom of the chart yet it wasnt making any noise outside the US. While 911 got some major boosts around the globe bc of the mv. We'll see!

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, Hags Labs said:

omg... that'd be TERRIBLE. I have faith tho. Exile was able to chart at the very bottom of the chart yet it wasnt making any noise outside the US. While 911 got some major boosts around the globe bc of the mv. We'll see!

but the Hot 100 is US only and the song never entered top 800 of AM US, didn't reenter top 200 of Spotify US, barely stayed top 100 on iTunes US, no radio....

exile is already Gold eligible in the US and charted for 3-4 weeks and peaked top 10, 911 was number one of the Bubbling Under Hot 100

14 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

So... We'll find out tomorrow if 911 made it to BB200 right? 

12 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

It didn't enter the Hot 100 chart, we find out the top 10 and new entries on Monday and the full chart is out on Tuesday.

Had you been following the day-to-day numbers, you would've known it had no chance of debuting.

Kindness Admin 7,529
49 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Is it even possible for Gaga to do something scaled-back like Folklore? She has become so known for her power and theatrical styles of singing. Her "most restrained" is Joanne and there is good amount of screaming on that album, too.

Don't get me wrong, I love how she sings, but after watching a million reaction videos to Chromatica's videos, it's clear that the GP much prefers a softer, chiller voice these days.

I don't know if Gaga would ever remove the theatricality from her singing, never mind on an entire record. The Folklore style isn't really hers, but also, the GP is fickle and what's in today will change tomorrow. I think Gaga will produce one (or more later in life) Folklore-style album which is filled with  quieter, piano driven introspective songs. I think that album will be a smash, regardless of what's in favor that day.

• paws up 3