Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 41,793
17 minutes ago, crazybadbitch97 said:

nooooo i want to see her I don´t care even if it´s in the winter I AM GOING TO SEE THIS BITCH NEXT YEAR ...Unless she is sick again or feels unwell and stuff....so who bets with me that she is gonna perform for me on autum/ december next year ? 

The winner gets a hug or a cookied 

First time I see someone actually give a reason for an edit :sweat:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,793
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Omg it’s doing great to be fair, I wish she did a piano performance for this track 

literally just in her living room pleaseeeeee Gagaaaaaa

I can't imagine the verses on piano. Chorus, yes.

Popster for Sale 57,204
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Omg it’s doing great to be fair, I wish she did a piano performance for this track 

literally just in her living room pleaseeeeee Gagaaaaaa

Define great lmao

It was doing fine until yesterday when it started tanking harder than titanic :bradley:

The time of it getting micro views has arrived :bradley:

• paws up 1

Is it even possible for Gaga to do something scaled-back like Folklore? She has become so known for her power and theatrical styles of singing. Her "most restrained" is Joanne and there is good amount of screaming on that album, too.

Don't get me wrong, I love how she sings, but after watching a million reaction videos to Chromatica's videos, it's clear that the GP much prefers a softer, chiller voice these days.

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
8 minutes ago, beng said:

I can't imagine the verses on piano. Chorus, yes.

Turning up emotional faders, I keep repeating self-hating phrases

but oh I have heard enough of these voices,

almost like I have no chooooice

This is biological stasis, my mood shifts intooo manic places

I wish I laughed to keep the good friendshiiippps

Waaaatch LIIIIFEEE, here I go again

I can picture it

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,793
1 minute ago, thehanyo said:

Is it even possible for Gaga to do something scaled-back like Folklore?

Shallah, Always Remember Smashing This Way, I'll Never Flop Again, Is God Alright say hi

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
2 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Is it even possible for Gaga to do something scaled-back like Folklore? She has become so known for her power and theatrical styles of singing. Her "most restrained" is Joanne and there is good amount of screaming on that album, too.

Don't get me wrong, I love how she sings, but after watching a million reaction videos to Chromatica's videos, it's clear that the GP much prefers a softer, chiller voice these days.

I don't know if she can pull it up tbh, Gaga is known to have a powerful voice even when she tries to keep it down a little while Taylor's vocals shine when she is restrained

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, beng said:

Shallah, Always Remember Smashing This Way, I'll Never Flop Again, Is God Alright say hi

She lowkey screams/belts a lot in those songs, folklore is much more subtle in my opinion, more smooth

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,793
1 minute ago, chartgaga said:

I don't know if she can pull it up tbh, Gaga is known to have a powerful voice even when she tries to keep it down a little while Taylor's vocals shine when she is restrained

Wait, she belts?

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, beng said:

Wait, she belts?

belting isn't always the solution, Taylor's vocals got better after 1989, during reputation tour which is still one of the best tour I've seen in my life; the production, the arrangement, the scenery, her presence, her vocals. Monsters need to put some respect on Taylor's name tbh, like for real. both love each other, it's time our fandoms stop the drama

• paws up 6
  • thanks 1

7 minutes ago, beng said:

she screams in all of these songs wym

edit: i'm not complaining. i'm just saying none of these smashed on pop radio.

Edited by thehanyo

Popster for Sale 41,793
3 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

belting isn't always the solution, Taylor's vocals got better after 1989, during reputation tour which is still one of the best tour I've seen in my life; the production, the arrangement, the scenery, her presence, her vocals. Monsters need to put some respect on Taylor's name tbh, like for real. both love each other, it's time our fandoms stop the drama

Nobody (read me) is disrespecting her art, especially her songwriting. However, it is objectively true that she is no vocalist.

Edited by beng
  • thanks 4

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Um that’s what makes those songs fun to sing in the car because your imagining your rock star husband just died and your performing in front of a crowd pouring your emotions out and snatching the weaves from the front row to the back

I'm not saying they are bad for it, just saying Gaga & Taylor don't have the same vocal techniques at all, Gaga is a vocalist for sure, Taylor has some good vocals too but they are so different and it's OK

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

To be honest swifties were the ones who were salty ASIB was more of a smash than Lover :awkney: No one ever used to say stuff about Taylor especially since Taylor supported Gaga during ARTPOP era 

Monsters are also always coming for Taylor in general, I've seen a lot of Monsters hiding behind Taylor when our Gaga was flopping/underperforming and stan Taylor but as soon as ASIB happened, they all turned saying she had no talent and bought her way into the industry. Both women are incredibly iconic, changed the industry and are extremely talented

• paws up 2

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Are you even a Gaga stan? Any normal person could tell you she sings beautifully in all of those songs :rip: Your describing her vocal talent as though she’s demi Lovato 

i'm OBSESSED with all of those songs. Perfect Illusion is one of my fave songs and it's her screamiest.

but we're on the charts thread and I don't think it's easy for that kind of music to be charting on the Hot 100 or pop radio these days...

Edited by thehanyo