Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 11,916
35 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

I was in tears when it came out, I didn't know she would reach aesthetic perfection like back in the TFM days :bradley:

Yesss! Joanne videos really made me question if Gaga still cared for music videos. That was my main concern for this era, but she delivered!! SL ok/cute, and ROM and 911 just amazing!

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,890

Canada

TOP ALBUMS

51 (+1) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - A Star Is Born Soundtrack (110 weeks)

Longest-running albums by female artist ALL TIME in Canada (in weeks):

1. 21 by Adele - 202 weeks

2.  The Fame by Lady Gaga - 163 weeks

3. 1989 by Taylor Swift - 140 weeks

4. Don't Smile At Me by Billie Eilish - 124 weeks*still charting*

5. Come on Over by Shania Twain - 120 weeks

6. A Star Is Born by Lady Gaga - 110 weeks*still charting*

7. Anti by Rihanna - 100 weeks

Gaga :rip: her global power :rip: 2 albums in the top 6 :rip: ASIB is still almost in the top 50 I won't be surprised if ASIB surpasses 1989 in the future :rip: 

Edited by Miaou
  • yaas, gaga 2

The Fame Popster 333

While I've complained endlessly about how the system of measuring success via Charts is broken, comparing the strategies used to get the most exposure and eventual success for artists like Dua Lipa, Justin Bieber, and Ariana Grande vs. Lady Gaga is... :gaga-scream:

Between the lead Single of Joanne (Perfect Illusion; 09/2016) and the lead Single of Chromatica (Stupid Love; 02/2020) - 3 years, 5 months - Lady Gaga and her team released:

• 2 WW / Official Singles: Million Reasons (11/2016), The Cure (04/2017)
  • 1 WW / Official Collaboration: Shallow (09/2018).
  • 3 Limited / Promotional Singles: Joanne (12/2017), ARUTW (11/2018), INLA (05/2019).
  • 0 Features.

Between the lead Single of TUN (TUN; 11/2018) and the lead Single of Positions (Positions; 10/2020) - 1 year, 11 months - Ariana Grande and her team released:

• 2 WW / Official Solo Singles: 7 Rings (01/2019), Break Up (02/2019)
  • 4 WW / Official Collaborations: Boyfriend (08/2019), DCMA (09/2019), SWU (04/2020), ROM (05/2020)
  • 2 Limited / Promo Single: Imagine (11/2018), Monopoly (04/2019)
  • 3 Features: Rule The World (03/2019), Good As Hell (11/2019), Time (03/2020)

I loathe how music is becoming less organic (i.e., collabs for the sole purpose of combining fanbases' streams+sales for an inflated debut). Somewhere in the middle, though, musicians can keep artistic integrity AND adapt to changes in tech/consumption. 3 yrs between albums was worth-while when they had a concept, 3-5 singles, MVs, performances, etc. However, waiting 4 yrs for 2 singles is frustrating for fans and isn't sustainable vs. artists constantly producing content.

Do I need Gaga hopping on random songs for a 1-week credit on BB? No. But, imagine if 1of the Kendrick collabs had been released between before/after Joanne? It would've expanded her reach, boosted her streaming, and provided us with a fun project to follow/track. ASIB was a huge win for Gaga because it was a departure from her Pop albums and increased her marketability.  

BTW/ARTPOP wouldn't be struggling to cross 1B with 1-2 big collabs, and she's talented enough to have given us epic non-album singles/features before Joanne/Chromatica. Artists who release work 365 days will burnout, but with LG6 being a non-starter, I do think Gaga needs to change things up soon. 

• paws up 2

3 hours ago, little legend said:

the fact she prefers to promote You and I and Joanne and not songs form her brand new album:rip:

This is a Lupus event. Isn’t it normal that she will sing a song about her aunt which passed away because of Lupus

And you wonder why Gaga won't interact and acknowledge her fans anymore or Chromatica. I'm sure she has seen on twitter also them shitting on the album and dragging it nonstop "as revenge" CAusE sHe WOnT PRomOtE, even after she confessed how depressed she was making it and how personal it is.

They are her biggest bullies and have destroyed her mental health with their toxicity.

Please report that account. 

Edited by Laurastreep
  • shook 1
  • sad 4

11 minutes ago, Laurastreep said:

And you wonder why Gaga won't interact and acknowledge her fans anymore or Chromatica. I'm sure she has seen on twitter also them shitting on the album and dragging it nonstop "as revenge" CAusE sHe WOnT PRomOtE, even after she confessed how depressed she was making it and how personal it is.

They are her biggest bullies and have destroyed her mental health with their toxicity.

That person is so disgusting.

He calls himself a fan that acts funny & trolllish and all he does is hate, trash and bullies her.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,884

Those types of comments are absolutely vile. I sometimes b*ch about not promoting and whatever and I do think she could sing something from Chromatica there but to tweet that out is horrifying :rip:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,870
34 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Chromatica sells 7k this week in the US, the same amount of last week :stable:

Total units: 794k (HDD)

Probably 800k on Billboard

It'll be so beautiful to see 800k finally next week. I was tired of that 7. I know It's stupid.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,642
1 hour ago, Laurastreep said:

I’ve blocked this account for awhile, he’s disgusting.