Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 29,021
x3
Just now, corvus albus said:

Could you stop with the personal insult? 

Where was exactly the personal insult? He just made a joke that chartgaga is kinda fan /obsessed with Taylor

Calm down

Popster for Sale 44,884

Dua Lipa has been releasing so much music as of late. One side of me is done with it and feels like its overexposure. On the other hand it might work on her favor + I wish Gaga was doing the same. 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,890
Just now, zcasx said:

Dua Lipa has been releasing so much music as of late. One side of me is done with it and feels like its overexposure. On the other hand it might work on her favor + I wish Gaga was doing the same. 

of course it will work on her favor. 

She's doing the Rihanna route when she released an album every year during 5 years and a lot of featuring in the same year. Rihanna was everywhere during 10 years non-stop (2005-2016) 

And it paid off, look at her monthly listeners and stats on Spotify now. In the top 5 of the most streamed female artist each day, almost 40M Monthly listeners...etc without an album in 4 years and without moving a finger. Rihanna is everywhere on Spotify, she appears on a lot of artists page thanks to her 231908 featuring so people check her discography. Plus, Rihanna has classics so it's the cherry on top. 

And I'm sure Dua is trying to have the same overexposure/same career. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,884
7 minutes ago, Miaou said:

of course it will work on her favor. 

She's doing the Rihanna route when she released an album every year during 5 years and a lot of featuring in the same year. Rihanna was everywhere during 10 years non-stop (2005-2016) 

And it paid off, look at her monthly listeners and stats on Spotify now. In the top 5 of the most streamed female artist each day, almost 40M Monthly listeners...etc without an album in 4 years and without moving a finger. Rihanna is everywhere on Spotify, she appears on a lot of artists page thanks to her 231908 featuring so people check her discography. Plus, Rihanna has classics so it's the cherry on top. 

And I'm sure Dua is trying to have the same overexposure/same career. 

While I agree with you that it worked in Rih's favor I think its a logical leap to say that because it worked for her it will work for Dua Lipa. Only time will tell, but I personally see significantly less star power in DL. Let's see though.

Edit: She's also not releasing an album every year as of yet. 

Edited by zcasx

Popster for Sale 57,440
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

While I agree with you that it worked in Rih's favor I think its a logical leap to say that because it worked for her it will work for Dua Lipa. Only time will tell, but I personally see significantly less star power in DL. Let's see though.

Yeah Rihanna is just way more universally loved and her hits are huge eveywhere, Dua has had multiple big hits but her name doesn't carry that much weight, like many people who have heard her songs can't even name who sings it, even if she's becoming bigger and bigger with FN

Popster for Sale 44,884
1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

Yeah Rihanna is just way more universally loved and her hits are huge eveywhere, Dua has had multiple big hits but her name doesn't carry that much weight, like many people who have heard her songs can't even name who sings it, even if she's becoming bigger and bigger with FN

Yeah, I mean it is POSSIBLE that she'll get to that point where her name carries that much weight, but that's it. She can also go the Katy Perry route for all we know where she as a lot of hits for a period of time and then fades into obscurity. The possibilities are (almost) limitless in her career as far as we know.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,890
7 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

and it was exactly the same for Rihanna at the beginning of her career. Many people who have heard her songs couldn't even say it was Rihanna in 2006/2007

But Rih became bigger and bigger every year by releasing a lot of smart collabs and songs/albums. And now everyone knows her.

And with Dua it's exactly the same route. She's becoming bigger and bigger, especially with FN like you say and surely her feats with a lot of artists

Edited by Miaou

Popster for Sale 44,884

I remember when Corvus was the only member here posting about Ava Max and once in a while someone complained about it. Will I go down the same path now that I started to openly stan Lil Nas X?