Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,829
16 minutes ago, Delusional said:

She needs to do what she genuinely likes and stop trying to please the fans stuck in 2009 in my opinion :awkney:

if she is going to do a genre that ages horrendously as it is, but competiting with newer girls who are pushed ot death, it needs either to also have rampant payola, or at least have a proper plan to keep a song going airplay/streaming... because it aint gonna sell on its own very well at all and frontloaded singles will not sell an album consistently...

as much as i dont even like jazz or c2c if she enjoys it do that... this was just fan service and their lack of effort into this project has backfired as will be reflected in YECs WW :awkney: 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,860
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

Swiss Charts

54 (64) 110 Shallow

86 (81) 104 A Star Is Born

"Shallow" is now tied with Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You" as the second "biggest" song ever in Switzerland (that list is point-based).

22 hours ago, Miaou said:

Switzerland

Top Singles

54 (+10) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (110 weeks)

NOT SHALLOW ALMOST IN THE TOP 50 110 WEEKS AFTER ITS RELEASE :rip:

22 hours ago, Miaou said:

Switzerland

All Time Charts

#2 (+1) Shallow (8807 points)

#2 (=) Shape Of You (8807 points)

Shallow ties Shape Of You and become the 2nd most successful song ever in the country.

The academy award winner song will surpass Shape Of You next week :shakes:

22 hours late 

Popster to Popster 4,488
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

if she is going to do a genre that ages horrendously as it is, but competiting with newer girls who are pushed ot death, it needs either to also have rampant payola, or at least have a proper plan to keep a song going airplay/streaming... because it aint gonna sell on its own very well at all and frontloaded singles will not sell an album consistently...

as much as i dont even like jazz or c2c if she enjoys it do that... this was just fan service and their lack of effort into this project has backfired as will be reflected in YECs WW :awkney: 

Do we have a rough idea of where Chromatica is at SPS WW? 

Popster for Sale 44,874

I really hope in the future we'll look back on the Chromatica era as an exception and that this type of treatment of the albums doesn't become a trend for Gaga :shakes:

Imagine us going "the cursed Chromatica era" in the future as a joke when Gaga treats her future eras like she used to (at least Joanne era level), and all this mess just turns into a fandom inside joke. :shakes: 

Add to this the possibility that we'll probably never know why stuff went down the way it did so the amount of speculation threads + plan your ideal Chromatica roll out threads. :shakes:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,488
1 minute ago, Mary Jane Holland said:

4 female albums in the top 5, wow

If only it were like that these days. Females were at the top of the charts 2010-2012

I was looking at the predictions for the Billboard Singles YEC and only *10* female songs will probably be in the top 50. Ridiculous. 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387

If some of you think a certain users rethoric is annoying, it might be fun and edgy to you to use it as well ironically, but it's even more annoying for the rest of us who have to see it three times 

smilega.thumb.jpg.4d9078582c4bd04092f4a7

xoxo andranne

• thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,860

Spotify WW

34 (+15) - All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey  1,617,058 streams

Spotify US

14 (+12) - All I Want for Christmas Is Youby Mariah Carey  542,251 streams

Spotify UK

10 (+2) - All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 195 163 streams

Only GODRIAH

spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,488
2 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Chromatica was a party album that dropped when only TikTokers and Dua Lipa were partying.

Let's not blame Gaga or her music.

I really would love for her to drop a re-release next year. Given all the promo plans that went down the tube due to COVID, it would be nice to give the album a second wind. I don't think that's going to happen, but I am interested to see how much of a boost the album will get around the Grammys, especially if she performs. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,849
5 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

I really would love for her to drop a re-release next year. Given all the promo plans that went down the tube due to COVID, it would be nice to give the album a second wind. I don't think that's going to happen, but I am interested to see how much of a boost the album will get around the Grammys, especially if she performs. 

laugh laughing GIF

• sad 1

20 minutes ago, beng said:

I'm curious what will happen to the Enigma show lol. Chromatica tour can be cancelled anytime but that Vegas show has a contract.

It will probably make a comeback as long as concerts are allowed again.

She still has to do 40 dates there, without considering possible extensions :leap:

• paws up 1