Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster This Way 567
17 hours ago, 0707alp said:

I was creating a Chromatica tour concert in The Sims 4 but I bever got back to it after I posted this. So here is Gaga rehearsing Alice for 20 seconds in another universe for you

It looks so good ... I shared it :D 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
1 hour ago, Andreu said:

in the US this sound is dead. In some european countries it is not, but they favour songs in their native language other than in english. So what do they have left, the UK, Australia and Canada?

Yeah definitely. In particular Canada, UK and AUS are always the best markets for our faves, especially on Airplay, but the standards for the hit in 2020 is much lower in continental Europe - only 2 English acts in top 10 in Spain this year for example *I think*Ava is a special case cause I guess the Nordic countries are like her own version UK/AUS/Can lol... 

A Popster Is Born 12,825
5 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Uhmm... Her third wind mayhaps? 

Lol wtf 

Also the meltdowns when she does lyric videos, promo, home performances and fan interaction for the Jazz album and the section of fans that are colloquially known as a baked good (hihi) have no other argument other than 'it's to help Tony' :shakes:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
12 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Lol wtf 

Also the meltdowns when she does lyric videos, promo, home performances and fan interaction for the Jazz album and the section of fans that are colloquially known as a baked good (hihi) have no other argument other than 'it's to help Tony' :shakes:

If that's the case I really hope Gaga just quits pop if she's not interested in doing it. I'm all for her to explore other genres that she feels more passionate about, even if that means less commercial success for us to track. 

Mental health is tricky of course but it really does seem like Gaga's passion for pop music has dwindled a lot. You could tell how natural and fluid her performance was at the Jazz+Piano show and how "lady gaga parody"-like it was in the Enigma main-show. Maybe that's just my opinion/or I'm reading too much into it but I don't see why she doesn't just transition into whatever she wants to do artistically, cus it seems she doesn't enjoy being a popstar. 

The lashings that I'm gonna get for this oop.

Edit: That being said I would love her to do her own original art, in other genres of music. I love Gaga for what she does as an artist creatively. Hearing her cover jazz standarts has never and will never interest me tbh.

Edited by zcasx
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

RockGa pls

This would be such a dream come true you have no idea. I hope she does it eventually. Imagine instead of dancing through the pain getting f-cking angry about it. I don't see her being in that mindset but maybe rock music would help her vent out some stuff that she hasn't been able to through pop.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,271
11 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Hearing her cover jazz standarts has never and will never interest me tbh.

Yeah that’s why during the C2C era I only enjoyed the performances, the Grammy win and the #1 album, musically just doing covers is not interesting at all 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,755
1 minute ago, little legend said:

Million Reasons chart run was so weird :rip:

at 4:30

Going through that was a lot as a chartser. She would perform it somewhere and people would react in an overwhelmingly positive way to it (hence the reentries on the hot 100/the number 4 peak because of the superbowl). However neither streaming or radio were supporting Gaga the tiniest bit due to Artpop pr damage/ bad choice of lead single (PI) which meant MR was really struggling to get any sort of stability. Those days truly felt like the end of Gaga's successful popstar career, then came SuperBowl and then ASIB and the rest is history. 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
4 minutes ago, little legend said:

she better not release another album before the pandemic is over

i am not here for another non promoted album

If she releases another lg record I'd totally forget about promotion tbh :katy_pie:

It'd mean she just hates promotion but is still passionate about the music for me.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1