Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

ARTPOPster 1,620
7 minutes ago, beng said:

Warner is laughing to the bank with that profit % 

I really hope her contract with Warner had some share (even a small % would be a lot) of profit from the movie for her instead of just a flat pay.

I mean I'm sure she's making money from the music and it's not like she's strapped for cash but I'd be p*ssed if I signed a contract accepting a terrible flat payment for the role (because it would be my acting debut for a feature film pretty much) and then it grossed 400M+

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,850

Spotify UK

#1 (+1) Ariana Grande - Positions

#2 (-1) Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am

It seems Miss Ariana is looking for a 4th week at #1 in the UK
We love her flop era hihi :shakes:

• paws up 2

4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

expectations:

reality:

#2 Billie

#4 Ariana

#24 Dua

I wonder how the Debbie Downers in here will explain this Spotify "investment" on Dua...

Will Spotify ever see a return?

64e55044bf1ad3c49eaee694a57a8b43eef65919

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 12,828

Lol it makes sense that Dua and some to degree Ava from what I've seen need payolaing, because they're straight out of a bygone pop era that the gays loved that is not hot anymore. Now people avoid doing such gay appealing sound to avoid a flop. Ava and Dua overcome callouts by being younger which helps and then the labels do the good playlisting. 

Kings and Queens going top 20 gives Ava more solo top 20s than slaymilla :rip:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,828
16 minutes ago, Delusional said:

*in the us

Yeah should put more US but then in mainland Europe its hard to peak high and stay there thanks to album bombs from locals and then again other subgenre that is popular 

OT:

DSN was actually a massive smash, looking at Europe chartruns manes you see ROM was pretty frontloaded on the whole tbh. ROM could do better in Canada. DSN spent 52 weeks charting there and ROM is still charting top 30 after 25 weeks. But we'll see. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,858
22 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:
At least Katy can still get YouTube hits, biggest pop girl on YouTube confirmed 

Ummmm I dont think she can. At least not right now. Her latest videos did tragic numbers :ohyes:

But yes she s still one of the biggest on YT along with Taylor

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
27 minutes ago, Delusional said:

*in the us

32 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Lol it makes sense that Dua and some to degree Ava from what I've seen need payolaing, because they're straight out of a bygone pop era that the gays loved that is not hot anymore. Now people avoid doing such gay appealing sound to avoid a flop. Ava and Dua overcome callouts by being younger which helps and then the labels do the good playlisting. 

Kings and Queens going top 20 gives Ava more solo top 20s than slaymilla :rip:

in the US this sound is dead. In some european countries it is not, but they favour songs in their native language other than in english. So what do they have left, the UK, Australia and Canada?

• paws up 2