Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,365
4 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

It's an ok song for me, definitely not their best song together. Not terrible, but not the best song I've heard this year.

I agree it's an OK song. The first time I heard it I was super disappointed and now I've given it another chance and it's not that bad. But it's still disappointed and felt like an attempt to have their blinding lights moment (which obviously they wont have)

1 minute ago, Andreu said:

felt like an attempt to have their blinding lights moment

Yeah, every artist on the pop field are trying to channel the 80s sound because of the success of BL. Another example would be Miley Cyrus's Midnight Sky (which is a far superior track imo).

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,181

Speaking of Sia I really dislike her song Together

I remember it would come on shuffle everytime I would finish listening to Chromatica ugh

They really went hard with the payola to try to make this song happen, I would see it on every playlist and even on TV they talked about it

2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Speaking of Sia I really dislike her song Together

I remember it would come on shuffle everytime I would finish listening to Chromatica ugh

They really went hard with the payola to try to make this song happen, I would see it on every playlist and even on TV they talked about it

I haven't been paying attention to what she has been releasing since that song, and I don't think I'm the only one looking at the performance of those singles.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,365

By the way, to think that Sia hasn't released a conventional studio album since 2014 :rip: This is Acting was somethign different, and the Christmas album and LSD record were definitely not "conventional studio albums". :bradley: I'm not gonna pretend she is one of my favourite artists, but I do like her music and I loooved 1000FOF back then. I have the feeling she's going to release her next project relatively soon, since he's doing some collabs lately to get back on people's mind.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,365
2 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

I haven't been paying attention to what she has been releasing since that song, and I don't think I'm the only one looking at the performance of those singles.

I think that in 2015-2016 she released way too many things, and that cause many people to stop paying attention because not all the things she released were particularly good (or at least thats what happened to me and I assume the same happened to many other people).

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 57,181
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I don't bother with her soundtrack songs tbh. Most of them are far worse than the songs on her albums.

Just now, Ms I am a local said:

Yeah 2014-2016 Sia was Unstoppable (:billie:), Chandelier was a intergenerational cultural reset, but the girl has really dipped since then (with the exception of a few collabs like Dusk Till Dawn that smashed and Unstoppable that became a moderate hit in France lately because it's featured on an ad).

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,262
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

By the way, to think that Sia hasn't released a conventional studio album since 2014 :rip: This is Acting was somethign different, and the Christmas album and LSD record were definitely not "conventional studio albums". :bradley: I'm not gonna pretend she is one of my favourite artists, but I do like her music and I loooved 1000FOF back then. I have the feeling she's going to release her next project relatively soon, since he's doing some collabs lately to get back on people's mind.

I would argue that This is Acting is a “conventional” studio album? What’s not conventional about it? Sia has always written songs for other artists..just cause she took those rejected songs and chose to create an album out of them doesn’t mean it’s not a studio album...to be honest it was actually a GREAT album concept. I loved it.

also: it is marked as her 7th studio album

A Popster Is Born 16,835

that David Guetta Sia song is an obvious BL 2.0 :katy_pie:

The production is great doe but SIA's vocals doesn't feel right with it.. and it lacks catchy hook..

SIA has been struggling since 2017? we wish for UNSTOPPABLE's success doe.. SFA can't relate