Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 31,296

AUSTRALIA
38 (44) 25 Rain On Me

It refuses to die... 
Currently her 7th song with most weeks on Australian Top 50 singles chart.
Three weeks more and it'll surpass BTW. 

2nd Platinum must be really close

• paws up 6

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
21 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

This is the biggest song for Katy in Spain of the whole Smile era tho (including NRO) :katy_pie:

which was not difficult since only NRO charted and it was only for a week. The thing is you'd expect an aitana feature to debut at the very least top 20.

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,132
21 minutes ago, Delusional said:

“If you don’t have any shadows, you aren’t in the light”

Very interesting quote on the Chromatica merch 

could Chromatica be the light - and a follow up will be the “shadows” or the dark?

Was just listening to Resilient remix and the "But do you know the darker the night the brighter the stars glow?" lyrics made me think of that lmao

1 minute ago, Andreu said:

which was not difficult since only NRO charted and it was only for a week. The thing is you'd expect an aitana feature to debut at the very least top 20.

I didn't know who she was until this remix tbh :bradley:

But I just saw it's her who sings the bop Teléfono

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Was just listening to Resilient remix and the "But do you know the darker the night the brighter the stars glow?" lyrics made me think of that lmao

I didn't know who she was until this remix tbh :bradley:

But I just saw it's her who sings the bop Teléfono

because she's very local to spain (she came out of a massively popular TV talent show she didnt even win) but basically she's the biggest pop singer in the country (actully she actually outstreams Rosalia domestically with a big margin). I guess they want to give her international projection, since she is pretty much irrelevant in the rest of the world and she hasn't managed to find any success in most LatAm countries.

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1

7 hours ago, Twitter said:

Secondly. I don’t understand why Baccara is No. 2 but that’s a different conversation.

spacer.png

Scotland qualified for the UEFA Euro 2020 which is a massive deal here because we always flop and haven’t reached a mahout football tournament in like 20 years and there’s a video of the players celebrating and singing the song after it. So that’s why lol.

Source: from Scotland

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,752
46 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Absolutely not

Ice Cream is literally top 2 on The Album. 

Wow is the album really that bad? :pillow:

Ice Cream has to be one of the worst songs released this year. Maybe even worst than Dynamite

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
1 hour ago, ViviLittleM said:

Can’t wait for Cheek To Cheek sequel as she’ll actually care to promote it. Not ready for the first week of sales tho since bundles aren’t there anymore and physical are dead unless you are Taylor Swift with signed copies and Adele.

Yes I can't wait to not support anything she does in future projects, thanks to the way her and her team treated us like f words the entire time...

'here's an album with single and here's social media cookies and Apple payola to go along with the first month...'

Ari was merely there to ensure a salvage receipt and they wasted her comeback on a song that wasn't strong enough and had all this apple payola like they knew it wasn't :rip:

When you think of how messy this has been can you have even trusted it to be better without pandemic :awkney:

• paws up 1

Just now, Delusional said:

I don’t understand how some Little Monsters think Gaga will never have a smash hit like Shallow or BR again when she’s literally only 12 years into her career 

I understand if she was in the same position as Katy Perry... but she’s obviously not :shakes:

so many huge artists get massive hits later on in their careers it’s crazy. Y’all need to have more faith in our girl 

well if she serves the same energy she has for Chromatica for her upcoming music she would be lucky to score another top 10 hit again :snake:

• paws up 2