Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 44,733

81 (-8) Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande) by Lady Gaga 1,204,405 (+31k)

Hanging on for dear life :rip:Hope the Friday update is a lot prettier than this godawful week.

New single please :katy_pie:

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 3

Popster for Sale 57,243
4 minutes ago, zcasx said:

81 (-8) Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande) by Lady Gaga 1,204,405 (+31k)

Hanging on for dear life :rip:Hope the Friday update is a lot prettier than this godawful week.

New single please :katy_pie:

But this is the Friday update :katy_pie:

• lol 5

A Popster Is Born 12,820

At this point there is absolutely need to not have a new official single... And the fact ROM was off TTH before SWU despite debuting two weeks later is still... Its not even a promo issue at this point. Fans are complaining about the wrong thing. Its the dire handling from an admin perspective that Gaga has nothing to do with :rip: She can campaign for an election and have a single on radio :awkney: Beyonce, Madonna, and Britney had decent eras either past or at the same point as Gaga where their team treated them like superstars not old fads...  #GagaMoveToWarnerBros

Anyways... Something better

Dua Kiss and Make Up vs Gaga Sour Candy 

Australia:

K&M #33 peak

Sour Candy #8

UK:

K&M #36 (Was a full radio single) 

Sour Candy #17 (Thursday midday release, could've scraped top 10) 

US:

K&M #93

Sour Candy #33

France:

K&M #65

Sour Candy #62

Italy:

K&M #91

Sour Candy #45

NewZea:

K&M #32

Sour Candy #12

Both tracks left fans wanting from lack of MV, however, Kiss and Makeup was a full single with the typical Dua push. Despite its lower peaks, it has some decent certifications. including Platinum in Australia and Gold in Italy. Sour Candy could potentially get more certs depending on how it is doing K&M didn't spend much longer on WW charts however has very decent streams 350m+ (released 2018) 

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,733
6 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

At this point there is absolutely need to not have a new official single... And the fact ROM was off TTH before SWU despite debuting two weeks later is still... Its not even a promo issue at this point. Fans are complaining about the wrong thing. Its the dire handling from an admin perspective that Gaga has nothing to do with :rip: She can campaign for an election and have a single on radio :awkney: Beyonce, Madonna, and Britney had decent eras either past or at the same point as Gaga where their team treated them like superstars not old fads...  #GagaMoveToWarnerBros

Anyways... Something better

Dua Kiss and Make Up vs Gaga Sour Candy 

Australia:

K&M #33 peak

Sour Candy #8

UK:

K&M #36 (Was a full radio single) 

Sour Candy #17 (Thursday midday release, could've scraped top 10) 

US:

K&M #93

Sour Candy #33

France:

K&M #65

Sour Candy #62

Italy:

K&M #91

Sour Candy #45

NewZea:

K&M #32

Sour Candy #12

Both tracks left fans wanting from lack of MV, however, Kiss and Makeup was a full single with the typical Dua push. Despite its lower peaks, it has some decent certifications. including Platinum in Australia and Gold in Italy. Sour Candy could potentially get more certs depending on how it is doing K&M didn't spend much longer on WW charts however has very decent streams 350m+ (released 2018) 

Yeah effort isn't being put for absolutely no reason. Hopefully everyone under Interscope starts flopping so maybe they wake the f up.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,733

Some good news, this absolute bop from the lovely band Little Mix has reentered the global spotify top 200

104    Sweet Melody by Little Mix    1,016,495

edit: just realized it was because of their album being released... hopefully it keeps up though

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,820
17 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Yeah effort isn't being put for absolutely no reason. Hopefully everyone under Interscope starts flopping so maybe they wake the f up.

No artists are promoting atm but instead it's a well oiled machine where they release a MV get the playlisting and that keeps the era going... Even if originally Chromatica was all promo based  and no third single, it'd have been frontloaded as hell with stronger debuts and then finished by July :rip: if there's no hits left remix or do sour Candy with a different English version.. UK Canadian and possibly French/German radio would spam it, instead they gave up past 2 singles with no promo on top of it.

Even if Chromatica was always going to have 2 singles, that was in a different world climate. So when the era was delayed and SL was done fairly quickly, why not plan for after ROM... Or why not choose a different lead that they knew had more chances of being a bigger hit... They planned it all around a collab, that in itself is like they have no confidence in her smashing dance pop. I can only think they think they thought ROM would be blinding lights or shallow and go on forever :awkney:

it's more in the ball park of between a 'BMH' and a 'DSN' sized hit in some respects, and even Dua didn't give up on her era back in April :rip:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 57,243

Wait... Folkore free fell to #25(-12, it was #17 on Billboard last week) on HDD with 19k :rip:

The way it went 1-13-25 in the last 3 weeks is :rip:

Swifties are silent on Twitter and on a French forum I follow :rip:

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,733
6 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

No artists are promoting atm but instead it's a well oiled machine where they release a MV get the playlisting and that keeps the era going... Even if originally Chromatica was all promo based  and no third single, it'd have been frontloaded as hell with stronger debuts and then finished by July :rip: if there's no hits left remix or do sour Candy with a different English version.. UK Canadian and possibly French/German radio would spam it, instead they gave up past 2 singles with no promo on top of it. Even if Chromatica was always going to have 2 singles and massive promo spots, it'd have been frontloaded. So when the era was delayed and SL was done, why not plan for after ROM. did they think it'd be blinding lights or shallow and go on forever :awkney:

If they were expecting ROM to be a blinding lights they would have promoted it. Not take it off radio etc. 

At this point I just want Gaga to release visuals for Chromatica eventually. It would take a miracle for anything to happen chartwise at this point.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,820
4 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Wait... Folkore free fell to #25(-12, it was #17 on Billboard last week) on HDD with 19k :rip:

Where is Chromatica do you know? 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,243
4 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Where is Chromatica do you know? 

It's not inside the top 50 of HDD so we won't know its position until Tuesday with the BB 200 lmao

We'll know an estimate of its sales when HDD will update their weekly YTD sales chart

5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

It has 0 singles carrying it rn same with Chromatica :classic_sad:

How is Future Nostalgia doing on billboard btw?

FN is #41(+2) on HDD this week on its 31st week, it was also #43 on BB last week

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,820
12 minutes ago, zcasx said:

If they were expecting ROM to be a blinding lights they would have promoted it. Not take it off radio etc. 

At this point I just want Gaga to release visuals for Chromatica eventually. It would take a miracle for anything to happen chartwise at this point.

Well... We are now very aware - and to be fair to Gaga - all her success through the chart metrics is organic. Obviously the deals she had for Stupid Love on AM, or vertical video for ARUTW isn't the same as what I mean by that, but I digress. For better or worse Gaga singles are all released and left to do their own thing based on response.

This leads me to my next point, that people forget ROM bombed POP callouts upon debuting with a heavy burnout. Thereafter, with limited label space to push songs, it marked the end of its push by Interscope through playgia. Unlike other labels they have been vindicated by the fact they don't 'payola', so that was its shelf life ended unfortunately in the respect of the pop format in the states - way back in early August/late July. 

They kept ROM on HAC even when it had mediocre debut, but HAC dropped it organically in September, despite peaking with good callouts. This was around the same time it was taken off TTH. There was also a couple of tweets that went viral dragging the song (American GP). Looking at the market and their taste ROM wasn't gonna smash lol

Basically all involved just decided it was over for the song in September, and 911 got an Italian radio push :awkney: I am hoping ROM gets a Grammys performance or something... I guess Gaga Charts threads should've been closed after VMAs lol! 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,320

Spotify Update (11/6/2020)

Shallow crossed 1.304b 

Million Reasons crossed 482m 

Bad Romance crossed 467m 

Poker Face crossed 456m 

Rain On Me crossed 425m 

Stupid Love crossed 200m 

Alejandro crossed 192m 

Sour Candy crossed 155m 

• paws up 2

27 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

There's a rumor going around that she adopted another cat, since her last one went bald from all the bundles.

Back to #1 here she comes

tenor.gif

• lol 6