Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 31,823

Female songs with most weeks in the Top 100

1. Sia - Chandelier (114 weeks)

2. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You (99 weeks)

3. Christina Perri - A Thousand Years (89 weeks)

4. Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (87 weeks)*

5. Lady Gaga - Poker Face (84weeks)

6. Adele - Someone Like You (78 weeks)

7. Beyonce - Single Ladies (77 weeks)

8. Amy Winehouse - Rehab (76 weeks)

9. Keala Settle, The Greatest Showman Cast - This Is Me (75 weeks)

10. Adele - Make You Feel My Love (73 weeks)

SHALLORD COMING FOR PERRI'S WIG 

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,316

Spotify Update 11/05/2020

Shallow crossed 1.304b 

Million Reasons crossed 482m 

Bad Romance crossed 467m 

Poker Face crossed 456m 

Rain On Me crossed 425m 

Stupid Love crossed 200m 

Alejandro crossed 192m 

Sour Candy crossed 155m 

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,238
1 hour ago, Thrasher said:

Italian Albums Chart

8. (NEW) positions

42. (-5) Chromatica
67. (+1) A Star Is Born

Chromatica is still the 2nd international female album charting (3rd female overall). 
ASIB is the 5th international female album charting (8th female overall). 

Whew Chromatica above ASIB in one country :romance:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

UK - Most weeks in the Top 100

87 weeks
David Guetta feat. Sia - Titanium
Vance Joy - Riptide
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow

Shallow has now surpassed Take Me To Church.
No song charted for 88 weeks. Next:

89 weeks
Wham! - Last Christmas
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 39,316
Just now, Thrasher said:

Midnight Sky in the UK:
15-19-17-10-10-11-7-8-6-5-9-7

2 full months in the Top 10 already, she deserves these numbers everywhere!

I’m curious, do we know how this compares to ROM? 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,823
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Im really baffled by this......positions hasn’t clicked with people (CLEARLY) but with the demand for ANY Ariana music during the last 2 years I really expected more

well Ariana may pull great longevity so I think we should wait a bit to call Positions an underperformance but yeah the debut is disappointing for her standard 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I’m curious, do we know how this compares to ROM? 

ROM in the UK

1-2-2-2-2-3-3-4-4-21-22-27-32-37-34-29-29-34-38-48-45-45-48-60

Midnight Sky is having the advantage to not peak in the first 10 weeks and therefore not going on ACR yet. However, it won't end up bigger than ROM (it's definitely obliterating SL though). 

Edited by Thrasher
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,316
6 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

ROM spent 9 weeks in the top 4 before ACR so it’s not even comparable :oscar:

Both bops tho

5 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

ROM in the UK

1-2-2-2-2-3-3-4-4-21-22-27-32-37-34-29-29-34-38-48-45-45-48-60

Midnight Sky is having the advantage to not peak in the first 10 weeks and therefore not going on ACR yet. However, it won't end up bigger than ROM (it's definitely obliterating SL though). 

Thank you guys! Much appreciated :oscar:

So happy for Miley!!!! 

• paws up 1

10 minutes ago, entela said:

Debbie Downers arrived

spacer.png

I had to google that.

"The character's name, Debbie Downer, is a slang phrase which refers to someone who frequently adds bad news and negative feelings to a gathering, thus bringing down the mood of everyone around them"Debbie Downer - Wikipedia

spacer.png

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,820
12 minutes ago, beng said:

Chromatica had 3 songs pushed during album release week. This is a major factor in the UK.

To be fair Ari has 3 songs on HHUK in release like Chromatica and they are spamming both songs on radio, whereas sour Candy got a couple of plays 34+35 is being treated like a dual lead. Not sure if she got HHUK cover but Gaga didn't 

Regardless almost 50% of Chromatica's total sales in UK are from  its first week and it still hasn't cleared Joanne's overall weeks that had 0 hit in the UK lol :rip:

ARTPOPster 1,642
1 hour ago, admin said:

I just can't disagree more.

For me, an American who lives in NYC and who is just a little bit younger than Gaga - I feel I understand where she comes from. I've become so much more politicized; so much more aware of the country and world we live in. This year has been one of the most trying of my life and of modern society. Gaga doesn't find excuses to not promote. Gaga doesn't run away because it's considered insensitive (although with BLM, it would have too). She simply cares about more than music. Not that she doesn't love her art and music. It's obvious she loves this album, but she's more than just her art.

I find I put essentially my entire life aside this past month for the election, with the one exception being work and this website (not the best timing really). That's something I, who has no power, felt obligated to do and happy to do so. Working the polls, canvassing, trying to help my Trump-loving family see reason and fact. It's just too important. 

Gaga cares about people, cares about this country and cares about doing what she can to make the world a better place. She isn't a new popstar, she's already had her legendary peak (not that she can't have more) and she works really hard. We pit her against the current top pop stars, and she's still competitive - that's incredible. The other girls are trying to get themselves to be as known and respected as Gaga or Bey. They have to put in the work. Part of achieving that status is being able to relax and live your life. We know she wants to focus on having a family too.

Covid really ruined the plans for this album, which sucks - and then this country continued to fall apart. I couldn't be prouder of Gaga for focusing on what matters. We might love charts, but they don't really matter and Gaga is still massively successful. We also got a video for fan fave 911 - we're likely to get more too. It might not be what we specifically want here, but we got a great album, great videos and have more to come. She's in her 30s and the world sucks. I fully get why that comes first. Not to mention her Vote era has been brief but legendary, of course.

To me, I love charts, but it's essential to understand we're not tracking someone at her onset or at her peak. She's established and she's a legend. It's going to be a mixed bag and it'll probably never be what we had from TF through BTW. But don't attack her and her team as if they're wrong or because you think they don't care. Life is complicated and beautiful and we're lucky. Not many fans have what we have over a decade in. It's amazing we're trying to start a new Gaga-focused site 12 years into her career, that's insane.

Thank you so much for this.:classic_love:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,811
15 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

To be fair Ari has 3 songs on HHUK in release like Chromatica and they are spamming both songs on radio, whereas sour Candy got a couple of plays 34+35 is being treated like a dual lead. Not sure if she got HHUK cover but Gaga didn't 

Regardless almost 50% of Chromatica's total sales in UK are from  its first week and it still hasn't cleared Joanne's overall weeks that had 0 hit in the UK lol :rip:

positions and 34+35's streams won't count for the album though

• sad 1