Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 10,029
13 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Ariana debuted at #7 and Sam Smith at #11 on the German album charts

Gaga debuted at #3 with Chromatica. No other Ari song on the single charts but positions at #12 (-3) peak at #9. Sam Smith's Diamonds re-entered with a new peak at #69 .

The Motörhead album re-entered because of a 40 year anniversary edition (if you love rock music listen to it. The title track and The Hammer are my fav songs there)

Thank U, Next debuted at #3 in Germany, so did sweetener

for pop girls this year, that's how it goes

#3. Chromatica

#3. Rare

#5. folklore

#7. positions

#13. Manic

#14. Smile

Moderator 17,129
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Not Rare outdebuting most of the other gurlies :rip:

It was a very slow week. That week only had one big album and Rare still "only" debuted at #3. Contrast to Katy Perry with 12 debuts above it while Smile peaked at #14

Popster to Popster 4,420
35 minutes ago, Max_Vandeburg said:

Gaga must be so happy about Pennsylvania :ally: HER POWER!!!

Also, this tweet aged like milk. :ally:

trump supporters are too stupid to realize that Biden doesn't do big events bc of COVID.

gaga power!

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Swedish singer-songwriter Benjamin Ingrosso earns his first #1 in his home country with Langsamt Farväl. This song is a cover of the song of the same name by Lisa Nilsson. These are the peaks for the rest of his top 10 singles

#2 Dance You Off

#5 All Night Long

#7 Tror du Att Han Bryr Sig

#8 Behave

#10 Tänd Alla Ljus *new entry this week*

#10 Good Lovin

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

As it should

3 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

they are pressed

I have nothing against selena i was just under the impression this album tanked so I was surprised

22C8D875-B3DD-473A-8AC7-0F83A4CB680F.thu

but @corvus albus already said it was also because it was an "easy" week

Edited by Andreu
not me accidentally almost exposing Corvus' irl name lmao

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Andreu said:

I have nothing against selena i was just under the impression this album tanked so I was surprised

22C8D875-B3DD-473A-8AC7-0F83A4CB680F.thu

it was ironic

the album had a nice first week but she and her team stopped doing anything after week 1

1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Ariana debuted at #7 and Sam Smith at #11 on the German album charts

Gaga debuted at #3 with Chromatica. No other Ari song on the single charts but positions at #12 (-3) peak at #9. Sam Smith's Diamonds re-entered with a new peak at #69 .

The Motörhead album re-entered because of a 40 year anniversary edition (if you love rock music listen to it. The title track and The Hammer are my fav songs there)

I thought Sam's deal with Amazon with signed CDs was gonna push them to Top 10 but oh well :classic_sad:

Italian Albums Chart

8. (NEW) positions

42. (-5) Chromatica
67. (+1) A Star Is Born

Chromatica is still the 2nd international female album charting (3rd female overall). 
ASIB is the 5th international female album charting (8th female overall). 

• paws up 3

Recent debuts in Italy

#1 Chromatica
#1 After Hours

#2 Lover
#2 thank u, next
#3 Future Nostalgia
#3 When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? 
#3 Hollywood's Bleeding
#4 Dark Lane Demo Tapes
#6 Rare
#7 Changes
#7 Fine Line
#8 folklore
#8 positions
#10 Colores
#10 Smile

#12 Manic
#14 YHLQMDLG
#17 THE ALBUM

Edited by Thrasher
  • paws up 1

Kindness Admin 7,540
3 hours ago, zcasx said:

It gives me so much anxiety to think that Gaga will stop doing things all of a sudden when something bad happens in the world. The world is in constanst chaos tbh and I don't think not releasing MV's or music will help anyone. I'm glad she cares so much but it feels out of touch. For instance right now I almost feel like she won't do anything until the elections results come out, cause she feels its insensitive if she does, then the elections come out but Trump won't accept defeat/Trump wins (god forbid) and there will be turmoil in American therefore she won't release and so on and so on.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems out of touch to believe (almost always) that releasing/not releasing something will be regarded as insensitive and make people's lives so much worse. Remember when Gaga released Judas in Easter? I think maybe she really regrets the phase of her career where she did controversial things to garner up attention so now she can't stand the thought of doing something that can be interpreted as that, but now it's another extreme.

3 hours ago, MissAsia said:

They are only excuses... She doesn t want to promote and she finds excuses.. If she became so sensitive she should stop being a public figure

3 hours ago, PerfectGUY said:

Exactly

I get it but it's ridiculous at this point and doesn't even make sense

I just can't disagree more.

For me, an American who lives in NYC and who is just a little bit younger than Gaga - I feel I understand where she comes from. I've become so much more politicized; so much more aware of the country and world we live in. This year has been one of the most trying of my life and of modern society. Gaga doesn't find excuses to not promote. Gaga doesn't run away because it's considered insensitive (although with BLM, it would have too). She simply cares about more than music. Not that she doesn't love her art and music. It's obvious she loves this album, but she's more than just her art.

I find I put essentially my entire life aside this past month for the election, with the one exception being work and this website (not the best timing really). That's something I, who has no power, felt obligated to do and happy to do so. Working the polls, canvassing, trying to help my Trump-loving family see reason and fact. It's just too important. 

Gaga cares about people, cares about this country and cares about doing what she can to make the world a better place. She isn't a new popstar, she's already had her legendary peak (not that she can't have more) and she works really hard. We pit her against the current top pop stars, and she's still competitive - that's incredible. The other girls are trying to get themselves to be as known and respected as Gaga or Bey. They have to put in the work. Part of achieving that status is being able to relax and live your life. We know she wants to focus on having a family too.

Covid really ruined the plans for this album, which sucks - and then this country continued to fall apart. I couldn't be prouder of Gaga for focusing on what matters. We might love charts, but they don't really matter and Gaga is still massively successful. We also got a video for fan fave 911 - we're likely to get more too. It might not be what we specifically want here, but we got a great album, great videos and have more to come. She's in her 30s and the world sucks. I fully get why that comes first. Not to mention her Vote era has been brief but legendary, of course.

To me, I love charts, but it's essential to understand we're not tracking someone at her onset or at her peak. She's established and she's a legend. It's going to be a mixed bag and it'll probably never be what we had from TF through BTW. But don't attack her and her team as if they're wrong or because you think they don't care. Life is complicated and beautiful and we're lucky. Not many fans have what we have over a decade in. It's amazing we're trying to start a new Gaga-focused site 12 years into her career, that's insane.

• paws up 9
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,848
3 hours ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

"Lady Gaga's 'Chromatica' has sold 2.5m WW"

tenor.gif

Reveal hidden contents

jk hihihi

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

2.5M where ? In the chromatica's world ? 

spacer.png

On earth, Chromatica is not even above 2M for now. 

Now if we want to pull a "Witness is at 3M WW SPS with Youtube" teas then yeah Traumatica is at 2.5M WW SPS 

spacer.png

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1