Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

3 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Wait I didn’t know this tanked so hard :katy_pie:

Those massive YouTube views are really fishy...

The way she did a collab with those homophobics in order to ride their 2017 wave of success and get a hit and :rip:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
2 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

The way she did a collab with those homophobics in order to ride their 2017 wave of success and get a hit and :rip:

I kinda felt bad for her because to me it is so obvious the label forced her to add trendy rappers to her song (she teased the solo version on her stories so that kinda proves that the song was "done" before they were added to the track).

4 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

It’s so interesting to see how Harry has become so successful, yet the other members from One Direction have not come even close to Harry’s success.

Meme Reaction GIF

And specially interesting how zayn went from going #1 everywhere with her first song from absolutely

7 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I kinda felt bad for her because to me it is so obvious the label forced her to add trendy rappers to her song (she teased the solo version on her stories so that kinda proves that the song was "done" before they were added to the track).

And specially interesting how zayn went from going #1 everywhere with her first song from absolutely

True. Zayn went from having a HIT with PILLOWTALK to not even being able to have a decent performing solo song or album...

Edited by Ms I am a local

A Popster Is Born 12,810
45 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Probably it was me :katy_pie:

But Idk, to me this doesn’t seem like a team problem. Idk why, and I may be wrong, but I think this is caused by Interscope. They probably don’t want to waste money on Chromatica without knowing if they will obtain something in return... but Idk, this situation is just so weird... nothing is happening, like at all :awkney:

her team and Gaga themselves are amazing at PR and having Gaga appeal to people, you cannot fault them for it, but it just seems they have only cared about the debut weeks and the VMAs for this era, and it almost encourages a 'frontloaded' effect, the stop and start nature.

i think if Chromatica reaches platinum in the US and passes 2m WW thats all they care about.... whether it charts for 31 weeks or 24 weeks stateside, if it goes platinum to them it doesn't matter. Which tbh they are right about that... no one looks at what happens in between... it's just frustrating for them to serve a half cooked era, i dont think promo would change this album's trajectory but it had more potential than the way they have treated it.

Unfortunately, Gaga and co act like GeePee whereby they go off peaks. Which I get as well, but at least BTW had 5 singles that had a run on the charts... Alls we needed was another single... and going platinum and hitting #1 was all I expected from chromatica, but that's leaving everything half cooked, not only charts-wise but for fans too.

Centring your era around one dance pop collab wtih Ari wasn;t the best plan, after choosing SL as lead (out of the solo chromatica girls i get it, but not in general when you have an opportunity to come back hard)....

That's why i am hoping they will re-release this album and serve fans!

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 57,192
Just now, Ms I am a local said:

True. Zayn went from having a HIT with PILLOWTALK to not even being able to have a decent performing song or album...

Hm he had I Don't Wanna Live Forever and Dusk TIll Down which were both big hits but yeah he hasn't scored a solo hit since Pillowtalk

A Popster Is Born 12,810
14 minutes ago, Andreu said:

the cure outeverythinged

I remember when we used to do all the comparisons between those two songs and it was like "the cure is 46 but BA is 73 we outcharted Katy" and were happy that the Cure was at that position.

whew the flashbacks

+1

The other week the kats were saying Gaga would never have a pop solo hit as a big as NRO and she hans't done since Applause (MR, ARUTW hello) and i reminded them that if SL wasn't as big as NRO because it charted for 3 weeks less, then NRO wasn't as big as The Cure for charting 14 weeks.

It is a decent receipt for us.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,667
11 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

her team and Gaga themselves are amazing at PR and having Gaga appeal to people, you cannot fault them for it, but it just seems they have only cared about the debut weeks and the VMAs for this era, and it almost encourages a 'frontloaded' effect, the stop and start nature.

i think if Chromatica reaches platinum in the US and passes 2m WW thats all they care about.... whether it charts for 31 weeks or 24 weeks stateside, if it goes platinum to them it doesn't matter. Which tbh they are right about that... no one looks at what happens in between... it's just frustrating for them to serve a half cooked era, not only for charts 

They act like GeePee whereby they go off peaks which i get as well, but at least BTW had 5 singles that had a run on the charts... alls we needed was another single... and going platinum and hitting #1 wa sall i expected from chromatica, but thats leaving everything half cooked, not only charts-wise but for fans too.

That's why i am hoping they will re-release this album and serve fans!

My fear is that if they keep up this type of strategy for Gaga her fanbase will also start do disappear and she'll become more and more reliant on the GP. It isn't much fun to be a Gaga fan nowadays, even though the content we get is good we rarely get any even amidst an era. She also kinda gave up on the idea of "little monsters" and rarely even talks to us which I understand is because of her mental health issues probably, but it further alienates the fanbase...

The Chromatica era was really disheartening for me as a little monster.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,266
30 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Wait I didn’t know this tanked so hard :katy_pie:

Those massive YouTube views are really fishy...

And think...it featured Migos..one of the biggest rap/hip-hop acts at the time 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810
Just now, zcasx said:

My fear is that if they keep up this type of strategy for Gaga her fanbase will also start do disappear and she'll become more and more reliant on the GP. It isn't much fun to be a Gaga fun nowadays, even though the content we get is good we rarely get any even amidst an era.

Yeah... well i do believe blade from atrl and he said they had a lot planned for this era... i think she is always going to be a fan driven artist... like she has a great debut then falls off, unless she does something that can stick in which case it can get a lot of promo and effort... I understand they had to scrap plans, but what we have been given falls below scrapping plans... a lot of her core fanbase will not be happy with this era, its a fan experience in a lot of aspects so therefore it has to live up to that, perry@.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

And think...it featured Migos..one of the biggest rap/hip-hop acts at the time 

all the witness singles had features, insane spotify promo, performance promo + more... :happydance: she even went to france to do promo and got quite a good showing there (gold + platinum singles, gold album)... Chromatica is still not a witness era despite it looking bleak, and i dont even think witness was a true flop, more an underperformance...

Fastest songs to reach 100M on Spotify

1. 7 rings - Ariana Grande (9 days)
2. Señorita - Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello
    thank u, next - Ariana Grande (11 days)
3. I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber (13 days)
4. break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored - Ariana Grande
    bad guy - Billie Eilish (14 days)
5. Dynamite - BTS
    Shape of You - Ed Sheeran
    positions - Ariana Grande (15 days)
6. Hello - Adele
    Rain on Me - Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande
    Lose You To Love Me - Selena Gomez (16 days)

• paws up 6
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,667

It gives me so much anxiety to think that Gaga will stop doing things all of a sudden when something bad happens in the world. The world is in constanst chaos tbh and I don't think not releasing MV's or music will help anyone. I'm glad she cares so much but it feels out of touch. For instance right now I almost feel like she won't do anything until the elections results come out, cause she feels its insensitive if she does, then the elections come out but Trump won't accept defeat/Trump wins (god forbid) and there will be turmoil in American therefore she won't release and so on and so on.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems out of touch to believe (almost always) that releasing/not releasing something will be regarded as insensitive and make people's lives so much worse. Remember when Gaga released Judas in Easter? I think maybe she really regrets the phase of her career where she did controversial things to garner up attention so now she can't stand the thought of doing something that can be interpreted as that, but now it's another extreme.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2