Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375

Spotify WW

#1 Bad Bunny6,8M *biggest day yet*

#5 Ariana 5,2M

The difference keeps getting bigger :ally:

Spotify US

#4 (=) Bad Bunny - Dakiti

Spotify Spain

#1 BB - Dakiti 983k *broke yet again the record for the biggest spotify daily update ever in the country*

Spotify Mexico

#1 BB-Daikiti 1,6M

A Popster Is Born 16,279
2 hours ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Not Bieber being on TTH again! Why didn't Scooters payola kick in for ROM. He definitely had nothing to do with that song unlike gaga now or whoever said :rip:

ROM had like 197m playlist followers. It did good on playlists. Also I dont think "payola" is just about scooter sending cheques. I don't think its that direct and label probably plays bigger role than manager. Also it's illegal and not every artist wants that. 

Edited by Applause

A Popster Is Born 12,810
12 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Fever lowkey tanking :bradley:

It only did 8M in a week

i remember it was around this time 2 years ago she started adding songs to her debut album. Like in the UK, even though its dua, they would only play K&M w/ Blackpink if they completely dropped the korean. so it basically became dua's song (it was our H&M Anthem for about 4 months) lol

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810

when you realise Bieber and Ari have been on the TTH cover 6 times in the past 5 month between themselves, and Gaga has only had 1 HHUK cover in February and 2 TTH covers in the whole year despite having 2 songs and an album out:rip: 

in 2020 Bieber was on the cover of TTH:

January - Yummy
February - Changes
March - Intentions
May - Stuck With U
September - Holy
November - Lonely

I am sure i've probably missed one for another collab song :rip: 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810
6 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Chromatica - iTunes

#1432 United Kingdom (-54)

oprah winfrey GIF

at this rate it'll stay at 21 weeks and not at least match Joanne :rip: there has been nothing in the UK for months to promote chromatica, no radio single anymore, no discount.... Lets hope it doesn't go #130 - OUT on the statside charts

13 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

at this rate it'll stay at 21 weeks and not at least match Joanne :rip: there has been nothing in the UK for months to promote chromatica, no radio single anymore, no discount.... Lets hope it doesn't go #130 - OUT on the statside charts

It’s truly insulting at this point that they are not promoting a single at least on radio WW. Even if it was 911 I wouldn’t mind, but at least send something new to radio what the hell. The UK radio has eaten SL and ROM, why not try to send another song I-

Giving me “This is fine” tease

This Is Fine GIF

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810
13 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

It’s truly insulting at this point that they are not promoting a single at least on radio WW. Even if it was 911 I wouldn’t mind, but at least send something new to radio what the hell. The UK radio has eaten SL and ROM, why not try to send another song I-

Giving me “This is fine” tease

This Is Fine GIF

Lol

IDK if it was you i had this convo with last month on here and you were like 'stop worrying, of course her team care' I see you have seen the light now sis!

I get that Gaga isnt harry or Dua, but they had  DSN and WS as proper hits of their album, and even they needed two other decent performing singles to back up and carry the era.

Literally alls Chromatica needed was a hit after ROM ended in August, and that would've carried it to 30+ weeks US and 25 weeks UK and rounded off the era.

i am not even saying it needed promo or this or that, literally just a hit (there isn't one on chromatica i get it) but even if they tried more with 911 and got her a cove ron TTH with a placement when ROM came off... that's why i am thinking 'was it curators that said no to 911 like they dont support katy?' which scares me...

the only thing i can think is they have just stopped everything completely and they will relaunch chromatica with an amazing brand new song and MV with payola, and it'll be part of 'chromatica' SPS-wise, and that way it'll have another frontloaded boost and another hit and it'll pull it out of red zone

• paws up 1

10 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

IDK if it was you i had this convo with last month on here and you were like 'stop worrying, of course her team care' I see you have seen the light now sis!

Probably it was me :katy_pie:

But Idk, to me this doesn’t seem like a team problem. Idk why, and I may be wrong, but I think this is caused by Interscope. They probably don’t want to waste money on Chromatica without knowing if they will obtain something in return... but Idk, this situation is just so weird... nothing is happening, like at all :awkney:

Popster for Sale 57,204

21 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I get that Gaga isnt harry or Dua, but they had  DSN and WS as proper hits of their album, and even they needed two other decent performing singles to back up and carry the era.

Speaking of Harry, Golden keeps rising on Spotify, 1.5M daily currently and getting 1M+ updates on US radio, it's shaping up to be the third hit single from his album :bradley: Plus the song is amazing

Main pop boy things :oscar:

23 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

that's why i am thinking 'was it curators that said no to 911 like they dont support katy?' which scares me...

Well, Gaga's latest single still debuted with 10M+ streams on Spotify and it was the most streamed female song of the summer globally. Also, the Shallow/ASIB receipts are still there and fresh, I doubt they would reject supporting her for now...

I think that's mainly Interscope/Gaga's team who let everything die off. Besides streaming, it was worth sending another song properly to UK/European radios after SL and ROM success there, but they didn't even bother with this which was like the most obvious thing to do, so...

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
3 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Well, Gaga's latest single still debuted with 10M+ streams on Spotify and it was the most streamed female song of the summer globally

inb4 but that was ariana doing charity :billie

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

inb4 but that was ariana doing charity :billie

Correct.

No dance pop w/ collabs = no TTH

Spoiler

kiiii

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

6 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Speaking of Harry, Golden keeps rising on Spotify, 1.5M daily currently and getting 1M+ updates on US radio, it's shaping up to be the third hit single from his album :bradley: Plus the song is amazing

Main pop boy things :oscar:

911 was literally on pop rising for a week.. they need to address this with a big kick up the bum for chromatica.... babylon will be crickets!

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Wait I didn’t know this tanked so hard :katy_pie:

Those massive YouTube views are really fishy...

the cure outeverythinged

I remember when we used to do all the comparisons between those two songs and it was like "the cure is 46 but BA is 73 we outcharted Katy" and were happy that the Cure was at that position.

And when the cure became her first top10 in Australia in many years

whew the flashbacks

Edited by Andreu
  • lol 3