Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 16,279
3 hours ago, DonnieDarko said:

No HAC hits, thank you. We have that already and she can (and will) go back to that when she feels like it. 

Chromatica is being streamed on Spotify 4M+ daily. Liddos are maybe 10% of it. People are def here for it. 

Some ppl deluded themselves into thinking HAC album would do the same as ASIB without everything else ASIB had 😂

Edited by Applause
  • thanks 1

1 minute ago, Applause said:

Some ppl deluded themselves into thinking HAC album would do the same as ASIB without everything else ASIB had 😂

Well.. I appreciate everyone's input to this debate, but:

She has a solo hit on Joanne with well over 400m streams. This remains to be seen with Chromatica. After ASIB if she did the same sound, dropped the album around in fall, I 100% believe Chart wise she would be doing much better than Chromatica. Million Reasons really benefitted from ASIB released two years later streaming wise - so there would even be a catalogue effect. With an ASIB sounding album, Shallow and ARUTW may even be doing even better recurrents now.

You're forgetting the key part that she went back to dance pop, which I'm 100% glad, I love Chromatica. But as a Chartster I feel ballads is something that is timeless and will appeal to more demographics

The reason she can do dance pop again is because of C2C-Joanne-ASIB. She lost Oceania and mainland Europe hard after ARTPOP, Chromatica in the Nordics has been a lukewarm era - if she had done the Redone album in 2015 she'd have bombed with it. So I do think this is what would help her charts wise, even though I see this era as a success. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,408

That’s the thing. Some of us are clearly mostly chartsters (like the diarrhea queen) that are wanting her to do something that will bring the numbers, views, radio plays, certifications, chart success. Some of us are here only for great music and some are some sort of hybrids. All of us are equal and I’m happy we have a great place to chat about that. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
Just now, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Well.. I appreciate everyone's input to this debate, but:

She has a solo hit on Joanne with well over 400m streams. This remains to be seen with Chromatica. After ASIB if she did the same sound, dropped the album around in fall, I 100% believe Chart wise she would be doing much better than Chromatica. Million Reasons really benefitted from ASIB released two years later streaming wise - so there would even be a catalogue effect. With an ASIB sounding album, Shallow and ARUTW may even be doing even better recurrents now.

You're forgetting the key part that she went back to dance pop, which I'm 100% glad, I love Chromatica. But as a Chartster I feel ballads is something that is timeless and will appeal to more demographics

The reason she can do dance pop again is because of C2C-Joanne-ASIB. She lost Oceania and mainland Europe hard after ARTPOP, Chromatica in the Nordics has been a lukewarm era - if she had done the Redone album in 2015 she'd have bombed with it. So I do think this is what would help her charts wise, even though I see this era as a success. 

So we will just ignore ammount of joanne promo and all it took for it to reach these 400m in comparison to chroamtica promo which was nonexistent until three months after album release. Do you really think hac album would do any better if it was abandoned on the release day? These joanne performances which were holding song alive insteas of radio wouldnt exist now. So what would she do? 

Anways regardless of success or not I'm glad Gaga wasn't basic bitch and released hac album. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,408
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

I completely agree with you tbh. A self written, piano ballad album would be gorgeous and an instant hit with the GP. Can record and pre record so many performances, so many more promo opportunities than with a dance pop album. I hope Gaga decides to go rock/metal or pure piano for the next record, to really show her versatility. (Oh, and collab with Metallica officially.)

I don’t think she needs to go into any other direction than she already did. She’s shown time and time again she’s versatile and outshines every and any other of her peers. But I get what you’re saying. 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

I am sure most of the people who says another HACGa album would have been more successful would be saying "imagine how tired we are, a third album with this stripped back sound" if she released one.

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 3
  • lol 1

2 minutes ago, Applause said:

Do you really think hac album would do any better if it was abandoned on the release day? These joanne performances which were holding song alive insteas of radio wouldnt exist now. So what would she do? 

I do, remember Joanne was pre ASIB. Stupid Love wouldn't have got top 5 without the ASIB hype and new found acclaim and a fresh look on her by the eyes of the GP. It wasn't a song that stuck at all. 

Gaga's two biggest streaming hits on the platform are ballads, followed by another ballad MR (if not global hit BR). Think of it as like creating a base, she's got a HAC audience, and she got that when things changed to streaming, she had to cultivate that base, because otherwise she couldn't have transitioned. 

Really, her main point in terms of commercial success, and what every artist out there strives for, is a loyal following.

Chromatica is for that following, she had to feed them with this, otherwise she risks losing fans after a long long beak from the sound that made her popular, and then she doesn't get the same support for future HAC style projects

That's why I think Chromatica was risky - even without the hampered rollout, and that's why she's the best in the business. 

A Popster Is Born 18,408
8 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I am sure most of the people who says another HACGa album would have been more successful would be saying "imagine how tired we are, a third album with this stripped back sound" if she released one.

That’s true. I still remember all the whiners back in 2016, 2017 during Joanne and then the exctasy when she released The Cure. Lmao.

Then she went with ASIB and people after a couple of months were like ok this is cute but we want bANgErs!!!111!!! We want dance Gaga back.

Now she’s truly back and reinvented. She released the best album in years full of amazing, fresh, amazingly produced songs and people are saying she should go back to HAC because thats what’s gonna make her more succesful. Yikes. Can’t relate.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
5 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I do, remember Joanne was pre ASIB. Stupid Love wouldn't have got top 5 without the ASIB hype and new found acclaim and a fresh look on her by the eyes of the GP. It wasn't a song that stuck at all. 

Gaga's two biggest streaming hits on the platform are ballads, followed by another ballad MR (if not global hit BR). Think of it as like creating a base, she's got a HAC audience, and she got that when things changed to streaming, she had to cultivate that base, because otherwise she couldn't have transitioned. 

Really, her main point in terms of commercial success, and what every artist out there strives for, is a loyal following.

Chromatica is for that following, she had to feed them with this, otherwise she risks losing fans after a long long beak from the sound that made her popular, and then she doesn't get the same support for future HAC style projects

That's why I think Chromatica was risky - even without the hampered rollout, and that's why she's the best in the business. 

Because til chromatica she only released HAC albums in streaming age. My point is her HAC sound would still struggle on radio and playlists (and then liddos would look at cause of the problem in other factors and not the sound), and if she doesn't have that nor perfomances there isn't much she can do to promote the album. Yeah doing same sound again seems safe bet on first, but first thing is gaga would never be basic like that as i sais and second is i dont even know if it would indeed do better. 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
32 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

That’s the thing. Some of us are clearly mostly chartsters (like the diarrhea queen) that are wanting her to do something that will bring the numbers, views, radio plays, certifications, chart success. Some of us are here only for great music and some are some sort of hybrids. All of us are equal and I’m happy we have a great place to chat about that. 

Not the diarrhea queen :pillow:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1