Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Their objective is not to get hits but to keep the album hype and promo cycle going.

Hence we will continue getting music videos every 3 months.

She did the same with Joanne(john wayne and joane piano) and this time she actually has even more options to make videos.

Alice, Sour candy and Babylon deserve visuals.

• paws up 1

Just now, entela said:

Their objective is not to get hits but to keep the album hype and promo cycle going.

Hence we will continue getting music videos every 3 months.

She did the same with Joanne(john wayne and joane piano) and this time she actually has even more options to make videos.

Alice, Sour candy and Babylon deserve visuals.

we want hits tho... Sour Candy deserves single treatment and Babylon featuring cardi would be LIT 

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

14 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

OK boo :unamused:

I streamed and still do :fan:

It's  a bop that was slept on by GP. it's especially good 8d audio in the gym on the treadmill with headphones :sistrens:

As do I. It's not pointed at you anyway so awkward dean winchester GIF

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,641
1 hour ago, Malazam said:

I disagree. We all know that longevity is important but it's also important to do promo during the release, and the weeks after it, because it's during that period that album sells the most.

That period of time was completely thrown away, and we are silly to expect now the numbers we could've had back there 

You can't compare Taylor's selling power to Gaga's.

I don't think Gaga's numbers are fanbased only, the album is still not widely known like folklore which took social media by storm. Gaga put the album out and literally the United States went to full chaos mode that same night.

If the roll out planned happened, Chromatica would be 10x bigger than it's today.

Right, and it’s delusional to compare her to Taylor, nobody compares to her.

1 hour ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Tea.

Remember Taylor is so straight down the line to GP and is doing music for her age, I think had Gaga done a HAC album, with a few male artist collabs, and released in fall with some promo spots she'd have built on her ASIB sound and success and be having a much better era commercially.

Not many artists would have an era like ASIB last year, and then return to a sound from years ago they started underperforming with at Gaga's age - especially in a climate where a Gaga era can't thrive (she likes to be everywhere to sell the music). But, she's rewarding her fanbase for sticking by her through that gap and HAC venture - and its much better long term. 

This year she added another global hit along with last years smash, has been adding to her awards already, served amazing music videos, and at least she's had the front and load - amazing debuts and peaks are good receipts to GP and in general. I'm sure this will be another era we look back on and think actually it performed decently. Not a smash, but not a flop either. She'll edge out Joanne and ARTPOP and with a #1 single this time. :-) 

:unamused:

Not you guys planning Gaga's career like she's some milqtoast, run-of-the-mill popstar though. Gaga would never....

Pop-a-911-ster 39,265

I’m sure this was AP but figured I would share

Gaga still getting 10M+ daily streams :ari_roll: 

anyone know how many streams she needs to enter the list of Top 10 most streamed females on Spotify? I think she’s #11 currently and way outpacing Sia and Selena at this point. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,265
7 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Streaming poison did THAT :bradley:

and on the flip side we could be like Katy, I’m pretty sure her daily streams are the same if not maybe even a little lower than they were Pre smile :katy_pie:

you’d have no idea that she released an album within the past month 

edit: not even trying to use this as Katy shade (I actually enjoyed Smile) but I was more using this to show that this literally used to be us. 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,265
24 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Who cares about HAC smashes? Gaga gave us a perfect pop dance album with Chromatica! We deserved one :classic_love:

Yeah we have plenty more time for HAC smashes, let’s get these dance pop solo top 5s and #1 hits while we still can! :carly_bye:

...tbh though Gaga still has so many hits that have yet to be written, mark my words she will have other hit songs. Maybe not big dance pop singles but Gaga will have a couple of acoustic/piano/ballad hits later :carly_bye: just wait 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2