Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,827
11 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Its kinda is good sign, how Gaga is in almost same range as in Ariana/Billie.  With right song she can easily get another hit, GP still pays attention to her.

Also, Smile(2020) did less than Witness(2017) on first day, despite spotify growing exponentially since then :bradley:

Oh yes I know it is a good sign but you have to bare it in mind too. I don't even think you could find Gaga at first on Spotify. I just think they are a better receipts for Chromatica not looking like a flop vs 2016s Joanne Lol

And to be fair to Smile I think it would've beaten witness (10.5m?) if it at least had a song on TTH, Smile was a massive bomb :rip:

A Popster Is Born 12,827
38 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Nasty by Ariana is really one of the best songs of her career

I'm the only one here who's enjoying this album but idc

+me

Mind you I only liked some of her singled before, this is the first time I'm listening to her actual album. It's good quality lol. They should've just made this an EP and called it a gift for fans as like a present. The expectations are too high. This all feels thrown together. Positions MV is so basic... It literally was like she closed her eyes, picked up a newspaper, lifted her finger, and where her finger landed (politics) he decided that's what the MV would have the theme off :billie:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,827

I would be wary of Adele saying her album isn't ready, as well as Beyoncé suggesting she's retiring. That could be red herring because they want to do a surprise release (it's happened before). 

Also, side note: as well as SL catching up to NRO on YouTube - it is certified gold in Italy like NRO, will be gold in the UK too, It will be plat eligible in USA like NRO too... This was the song monsters were battered with, and they're basically the same size of hit sans Spotify streams and Australia :rip:

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,354
8 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Also, side note: as well as SL catching up to NRO on YouTube - it is certified gold in Italy like NRO, will be gold in the UK too, It will be plat eligible in USA like NRO too... This was the song monsters were battered with, and they're basically the same size of hit sans Spotify streams and Australia :rip:

Yeah, also good to note, doesn’t SL have much better peaks worldwide? Definitely in the US and UK, and just looked it up, same peaks in AUS and CAlady gaga flirting GIF

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The thing with Ariana is she lives in the studio so anything she creates she automatically feels like she HAS to release it for some reason so she ends up having albums that feel like 70% filler

that's exactly what I think, I have the feeling she releases every single song she records and that kinda make me less excited about her music, because she's not one of those artists that you can say " new X single, you know it's gonna slap".

• paws up 1

11 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Also, side note: as well as SL catching up to NRO on YouTube - it is certified gold in Italy like NRO, will be gold in the UK too, It will be plat eligible in USA like NRO too...

It has passed the platinum mark since September

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 12,827
10 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah, also good to note, doesn’t SL have much better peaks worldwide? Definitely in the US and UK, and just looked it up, same peaks in AUS and CAlady gaga flirting GIF

We were told that we weren't allowed to play the peak card. It's longevity. (The longevity in question being 3 weeks max in most places hihi) . 

Of course NRO has the edge because Spotify... but YouTube, peaks, and the fact they are getting the same certs in important markets, and the same number of certs WW, is funny when you think that that's all we heard. I called it happening anyway on the old thread lol :ohyes:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,354
5 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

We were told that we weren't allowed to play the peak card. It's longevity. (The longevity in question being 3 weeks max in most places hihi) . 

Of course NRO has the edge because Spotify... but YouTube, peaks, and the fact they are getting the same certs in important markets, and the same number of certs WW, is funny when you think that that's all we heard. I called it happening anyway on the old thread lol :ohyes:

I’d rather have peaks than longevity, no one in 20 years will look up the longevity of a song :oscar:

• paws up 1