Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

33 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

nearly 800k loss for Chromatica on Spotify this week compared to last week

21.457M vs 22.242M

Omg really? That's good!

I just did a folklore comparison and it lost 2.17M this week compared to last week :rip:

32.248M vs 30.08M

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, Laurastreep said:

Omg really? That's good!

I just did a folklore comparison and it lost 2.17M this week compared to last week :rip:

32.248M vs 30.08M

well Chromatica used to lose 2M+ weekly and with a song on TTH so not such a flattering comparison

The Fame Popster 333
14 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Chromatica isn´t doing bad on Spotify. The album had only 1 performance and video in 5 months and is still doing nearly 100 million streams a month.

It depends on context. I'm sorry as this has been discussed to death by now, but in isolation, some of the streaming stats seem okay: 1 hit over 400M, 1 single about to cross 200M, and 1 promo single about to cross 200M, with >1B streams for the album in total. However, it does Gaga and Chromatica a disservice to ignore the facts that:
1. Chromatica had a massive debut on Spotify; Top 6 of the year at the time + 2nd-best by a female this year (if I remember right).
2. The album was tailored for streaming; most songs clock in < 3:00 (3:30 has been her avg [short-end] and song-writing is a major part of her appeal to fans), there's 2 interludes that count toward the stream totals as any full track would (still cant believe CIII wasn't >30s since this was a decent strategy), etc.
4. The album has 2 major collabs that seem cherry-picked for streaming: Ariana Grande, BLACKPINK.
5. The album is the first release after ASIB OST, which had a 1B single (Shallow) + Gaga's 2nd-most streamed song at the moment (a non-single, ARUTW).

As with the 2 singles / album overall, all signs pointed to Chromatica having potential to do not just okay, but to smash on Spotify - a platform that took her far longer to compete with younger artists on. The frustration has been compounded by obvious moments where some kind of life support was needed and never given, despite ample opportunities + proven ROI from the most promo-sensitive artist out there. It isn't that in 2 years, Chromatica will stand out as a "flop." However, after the abrupt end to ARTPOP, blackout before / tepid reception to Joanne, and 3+ yrs until Chromatica, it would've been satisfying to see Gaga come full circle and leverage ASIB momentum into receipts for a pure Pop album/era.

• paws up 8
  • thanks 2

Popster This Way 646
6 minutes ago, Malazam said:

Harry Styles is like the only artist this year to actually have a hit after album release right?? :bradley:

And now he is probably getting 2 hits after album release, with Golden being added to TTHs

• paws up 1

13 minutes ago, Malazam said:

Harry Styles is like the only artist this year to actually have a hit after album release right?? :bradley:

And probably Dua Lipa with Levitating since Spotify is investing really hard.

Meme Shake GIF by PAPER

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Delusional said:

Idk what people expected - like every single droplet she released between revival and rare did great so who cares if she had a flop post album single? 

Album charted badly but it had 0 promo on its own

agreed, but I think Lose You going #1 and being her first #1 song overshadowed the album underperforming

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,824

Poland
24 (29) 95 ASIB

CANADA
39 (37) 107 ASIB

CZECH REPUBLIC
45 (43) 104 ASIB

Slovakia
80 (76) 93 ASIB

Denmark
29 (30) 102 ASIB