Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i get what people want to say about the HAC-Ga vs. DancePop Ga... I see that we would still complain if Gaga did a ballad and that performs underwhelming like Stupid Love too..

HOWEVER, outside of Gaga, ballads tend to have much better longevity than the dance genre in general. Not only does that come down to production, but also the lyrics. Million Reasons gets better recurrents than a lot of RIhanna and Taylor songs - You think that's cause of that Superbowl performance? Gaga is also not in their league on streaming, so that is impressive.

The other point about ballads is, they are more promo-sensitive.  Especially on itunes (the audience that HAC/AC music appeals to) they see much better increases. I would also like to point out that in the US, Pop radio is paritcularly harsh on older girls. Taylor and Katy's songs that are solo and have over 400m streams on Spotify, also bombed callouts hard. But where they didn't bomb callouts and got more support was the HAC format. HAC is now Gaga's home, it's been that way for a while. Even an Ariana Grande collab scraped POP radio top 10, whereas it pretty much reached #3 on HAC with ease.

As Gaga enters her mid 30s, she has the vocal talent and lyrical talent to do music that will help her as she matures and show her talent to the GeePee - We are not in 2011 anymore. The GeePee get their disposable dance-pop songs from the likes of Dua and those one hit wonders now, once they are doing the same thing for a long time, they are having to compete with younger girls. Being a woman in the industry isn't a level playing-field. They get older and there is a new one doing songs about nightclubs and s*x and that becomes cool, not the likes of the yesterday.

PI bombed worse than SL (Although had better radio callouts) but don't forget she had so much hype after ASIB... I do feel objectively that doing ballads is what she should do to carve out success, to give her a helping hand. Whether we like it or not, the more she does 'Chromatica', the more she puts herself in the position that Madonna is in. I feel doing this genre of pop she will need to bring absolute quality - whereas doing ballads now at her age there is more chance of it having longevity... that is not a Gaga thing - its an industry thing.

New Girl Fashion GIF by Mellow

I think you all need to stop with that ballad thinking, she run on every posible promo for MR, and its only hit in US. Firstly 90% of her fans will stop listening her, and GP is not really here for her ballads if there is no good promotion. Ballad with this kind of promo, i dont think the song will even chart in top 20. What with Madonna? She have 62 and still going on tour, selling albums, one of her best album is "Confessions on a Dance Floor" . She haved 47 years when she released that album

34 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Do you guys only follow hyper-mainstream popstars? because most artists I listen, follow and like do usually as much promo as Gaga does for Chromatica :cupcake:

Taylor  gave her fans only 1 performance and 1 video this era, yet I don't see her fans whining...

Beyonce has been giving her fans 1 or 2 performances per era (Grammys and Vmas) for the past 7 years.

Let me not start on Adele too...

Gaga already gave us 3 videos, 1 big performance and probably more visuals and performances to come in the future. These people are so ungrateful and hateful that I will be praying for them all!

Confused Confused Lady GIF - Confused ConfusedLady ConfusedLadyMeme -  Discover & Share GIFs

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
1 minute ago, Laurastreep said:

Gaga's instagram video of her dropping the voting ballot has 10M views.

It kinda went viral and I've seen many news outlets reporting on it.

Def sharapova azarenka GIF - Find on GIFER

I've seen some people dragging her but well some people drag Gaga every time she breathes so

BYbL.gif

Moderator 17,128
14 hours ago, Artur said:

THE WASTED HALLOWEEN CLASSIC SPOTIFY UPDATE

16/10 (first tracking day)

MONSTER 45.420.883 streams (+32.708) / friday

-

25/10

MONSTER 45.745.957 streams (+42.404)

26/10

MONSTER 45.787.429 streams (+41.472)

frank marshall | Tumblr

Start tracking Dance In The Dark. This songs gets the massive surge on Halloween every year and not Monster.

• paws up 1

German Midweek Singles Chart

#9 (NEW) Ariana Grande - positions

It would be her 5th Top 10 single here, let's see if it holds up until Friday...most likely not :telephone:
Stable on Spotify, almost stable on Apple Music, dropping like a rock on iTunes and Deezer, nowhere to be found on Amazon Music :telephone: