Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,808
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Wait cos Australia stans so hard for Gaga and she literally never visits :shakes: Feeling bad for the little monsters down under.

They completely dropped her during ARTPOP and Joanne. I remember at the time fans being confused, because Australia was known as a 'promo-sensitive country' and her team just seemed to give up on her there as well. They actually dropped her worse in Australia more than anywhere else. I am not sure if it was in relation to how Katy became massive there, but she musn't have been getting the same airplay. Here:-

AUS:

Applause - #11 peak (bad for Gaga as that's her best strength upon release), 9 weeks charting overall. 

Do What U Want - #21 peak, 7 weeks charting. 

Artpop - #2 Peak, 10 weeks charting overall 

Even Stupid Love performed better than that and that wasn't well received as we all know. Joanne album did better. But I do think Joanne would've been a lot more successful had PI not happened and Gaga was in the position she was in after ASIB. It just goes to show how she has got her appeal back in multiple countries. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
3 minutes ago, Matteo Remondi said:

WW

1.  positions by Ariana Grande    6,517,132 (-1.108M)

This is what Rain On Me lost on its 2nd day:-

−1,091,251

Although Positions had a bigger debut. Looks like at this early stage it's on a similar trajectory, which is good ROM. Did really well on streaming. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,808
8 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’ll probably dig around for the Joanne chart history now.

I know wha you mean don't worry she still had  base in Australia, but things looked bleak there, seeing as it's usually a stronger market for forum faves. If your fave struggling in Australia it's not a great sign. Which ARTPOP did particularly in Australia 

Joanne: #2 Peak, and 17 weeks charting. It's not bad, especially as it had no hits (PI #14, 3 weeks charting, MR #34 5 weeks). Chromatica hit #1 and spent 19 weeks so far, it'll probably re enter though at some point. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,924
x3
1 hour ago, Gypsy Life said:

For tracking purposes in a few hours

Australia

iTunes:
36. Shallow
96. Always Remember Us This Way

Spotify:
60. Shallow

YouTube:
45. Rain On Me

Apple Music:
48. Shallow
308. Always Remember Us This Way

iTunes Albums:
164. A Star Is Born Soundtrack

Apple Music Albums:
59. A Star Is Born Soundtrack

The fact that Shallow is already so high:rip:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

1 hour ago, Delusional said:

One thing I’m very surprised with - is how Dua’s team haven’t tried doing some stand alone performances of the tracks/singles from FN. Recording all these music videos but no performances in some sort of studio.

some examples:

Same question could be applied to Gaga and her team - I doubt it would be so expensive to rent out a studio and do a couple performances for fans? Or just one long 12-15 minute performance? I just don’t get it. 

We already got 3 music videos - is it not time to showcase that music live? 

If Gaga's next performances are like the VMAs she can honestly keep them :)

• paws up 1
  • shook 2
  • sad 2
  • lol 1

12 minutes ago, Mary Jane Holland said:

This's so fast

It has been 13 days since the last +100.000 subscribers update. Not bad, but definitely not that fast :shakes:

For comparison purposes, Ava has achieved around 80.000 subscribers in the last two weeks. So she’s doing ok.

Edited by Ms I am a local

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264
18 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

If Gaga's next performances are like the VMAs she can honestly keep them :)

If you don’t want performances then I don’t want to see more posts from you complaining about no promo...

the performance wasn’t even that bad, why wouldn’t you want more? Lol like come on 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 5
  • thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

If you don’t want performances then I don’t want to see more posts from you b*ching about no promo, you clearly for what you wanted so no need to continue posting about it huh? :)

I'm not b*ching about no promo, I don't care about it anymore. It's useless, it's been almost 6 months, most of y'all should move on :carly_bye:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808

Spotify Weekly Global Chart:-

#53 - Rain On Me - 9,142,930 (Week 21)

Vs.

#95 - Lose You To Love Me - 7m (Week 21)

Edited:- I think Spotify Charts weekly is a building chart. So thst didn't encompass the full week!

Ms. Love was double in position to ROM. I know it's not good to compare week to week because of album bombs/promo etc, so let's see how ROM does overall.

LYTLM has spent 37 weeks on Spotify Global weekly chart. ROM should surpass that. Lose You To Love Me currently sits at 565m about a year after release. ROM sits at 410m 5 months after release. We can expect ROM to hit 600m before its 1 year anniversary I think. 

Source: 

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/global/weekly/latest

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 3
  • shook 1

4 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Spotify Weekly Global Chart:-

#53 - Rain On Me - 3,910,433 (Week 22)

Vs.

#107 - Lose You To Love Me - 6.5m (Week 22)

I didn't realise corona had effected streaming this much.

For example in March, the 53rd most streamed song was pulling in 10m streams. Now its just shy of 4m. However, taking that into account Ms. Love was double in position to ROM. I know it's not good to compare week to week because of album bombs/promo etc, so let's see how ROM does overall.

LYTLM has spent 37 weeks on Spotify Global weekly chart. ROM should surpass that. Lose You To Love Me currently sits at 565m about a year after release. ROM sits at 410m 5 months after release. We can expect ROM to hit 600m before its 1 year anniversary I think. 

Source: 

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/global/weekly/latest

I appreciate your effort but there must be something wrong with the numbers. ROM is pulling around 1.3m streams everyday so more than 9m weekly:classic_huh: