Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Kindness Admin 7,529
2 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

yes but it's not like Rare was also deeply promoted, Selena did like 1 talk show on debut week, then did Ellen/Jennifer second week and then disappeared, released a Rare performance late February and then deluxe with boyfriend in March/April that was never serviced to radio despite gaining some good traction on iTunes / YouTube and Spotify and AM

Interesting. I paid no attention cause I didn't like the album. Pop girls this year :rip:

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, admin said:

Interesting. I paid no attention cause I didn't like the album. Pop girls this year :rip:

her rollout was a mess, Lose You was still doing big when the album got released but her team decided to drop it from the radio to send Rare like a month later which was already DOA, and she never tried to get back up from the AMAs fiasco despite that little Rare performance which was actually good

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Interscope did her so wrong. I hope she’s doing alright, she looks so unwell in her recent promo for Rare Beauty. :classic_mellow:

she actually looks more happy and confident she has been in years imo, she is just make up free most of the times

Popster for Sale 41,787
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

People would rather like a post than have it be permanently on their feed. 

1 minute ago, Andreu said:

because people are more willing to like a tweet than to RT it and "pollute" their TLs with a silly radio competition.

Inch resting. I always thought RT had an advantage because you reach a wider audience of similar choice.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,650
5 minutes ago, beng said:

Inch resting. I always thought RT had an advantage because you reach a wider audience of similar choice.

That's also a good point tbh, but you'll just reach a wider audience of same choice that will probably be very reluctant to retweet. 

Popster for Sale 41,787
Just now, zcasx said:

That's also a good point tbh, but you'll just reach a wider audience of same choice that will probably be very reluctant to retweet. 

is that really true when it's stan accounts RT-ing to stan accounts :billie:

Popster for Sale 44,650
Just now, beng said:

is that really true when it's stan accounts RT-ing to stan accounts :billie:

hmm I guess if it's mostly stans voting you're right. The locals won't be caught dead rt'ing something like that.