Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 13,397
Just now, zcasx said:

It sounds like a Yummy to me idk why, it's repetitive and bland, I don't think it'll hold up well tbh. But I'm expecting a quality album nevertheless. 

I don’t know if you’re on social media or not but literally every media outlet is talking about Ariana’s power move as she released her song just after the debate. Everyone is talking about her looks and the song. It’s definitely not a Yummy situation lmao 

Popster for Sale 44,664
Just now, Daphne Guinness said:

I don’t know if you’re on social media or not but literally every media outlet is talking about Ariana’s power move as she released her song just after the debate. Everyone is talking about her looks and the song. It’s definitely not a Yummy situation lmao 

I was talking about the quality of the song. It'll obviously be at least somewhat more successful.

A Popster Is Born 13,397
Just now, zcasx said:

I was talking about the quality of the song. It'll obviously be at least somewhat more successful.

I mean that’s subjective don’t you think? But yeah I don’t think anyone is touching TUN’s impact anytime soon. I mean it was a pop culture moment. Kinda like Gaga and Britney back in the day. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,809

Despite the frustrations with the era and its performance, I do love Chromatica and it has become part of my everyday life. I'd say Chromatica-The Fame-The Fame Monster are my top trinity...  BTW is interchangeable with that though, Joanne is some of her best work but I didn't connect with it. 

For the fantasy re-release I would like either a collab with someone completely different (but not a flop) or Dua.. I think a Dua collab would be a gay event and have Spotify support by association 

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

13 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

I don't even hate positions, it just sounds very repetitive to tun/sweetener overall and everything she served last year and this year sans ROM

Not to be shady towards Ariana since I love her voice, but can we talk how lucky we are that we stan Gaga?

The way she reinvents herself sonically/visually every album cycle and you can actually tell apart songs on which era they belong.

That's why I can't fully stan Ariana. Even though she is an amazing vocalist, her problem is that she isn't evolving music wise. As you said positions is the same thing she's been doing for the last 2 years. She has so much potential, yet plays it too safe with her music.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,664
8 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Despite the frustrations with the era and its performance, I do love Chromatica and it has become part of my everyday life. I'd say Chromatica-The Fame-The Fame Monster are my top trinity...  BTW is interchangeable with that though, Joanne is some of her best work but I didn't connect with it. 

For the fantasy re-release I would like either a collab with someone completely different (but not a flop) or Dua.. I think a Dua collab would be a gay event and have Spotify support by association 

I really hope that if she does a re-release she just comes with a really good solo single with a MV filmed. No more collabs needed, especially not with Dua. She's the antithesis of Gaga for real. Imagine a MV with both of them and Dua Lipa just blankly staring at the camera while Gaga is making expressive/weird faces. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,397
5 minutes ago, Laurastreep said:

Not to be shady towards Ariana since I love her voice, but can we talk how lucky we are that we stan Gaga?

The way she reinvents herself sonically/visually every album cycle and you can actually tell apart songs on which era they belong.

That's why I can't fully stan Ariana. Even though she is an amazing vocalist, her problem is that she isn't evolving music wise. As you said positions is the same thing she's been doing for the last 2 years. She has so much potential, yet plays it too safe with her music.

I don’t think anyone does full on eras like Gaga. Most people don’t even bother with the way they look tbh. We truly stan the queen of music and style. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,664
3 hours ago, Laurastreep said:

Honestly people have been saying this a lot about Ariana and I just think it goes to show that you're not a fan + you don't know her music. From My Everything to Dangerous Woman the evolution is obvious. Then she ditches electro-pop (but not entirely) for a more r&b/trap sound in Sweetener which was then further accentuated in Thank U, Next. Mind you these two albums were released months apart so it's natural that they aren't radically different. Ariana has a career spanning like 7 years and she has had at least three major transformations in her sound/aesthethic.

Edited by admin
Inappropriate bit.
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,809
4 minutes ago, zcasx said:

I really hope that if she does a re-release she just comes with a really good solo single with a MV filmed. No more collabs needed, especially not with Dua. She's the antithesis of Gaga for real. Imagine a MV with both of them and Dua Lipa just blankly staring at the camera while Gaga is making expressive/weird faces. 

I think when pop is flopping and at Gaga's age, the uphill battle with radio etc collabs for this project is maximising the commercial potentiall, and I'd love a Dua collab. She could put a solo song out alongside it at the same time like what Taylor did exile/Cardigan. 

4 minutes ago, Daphne Guinness said:

I don’t think anyone does full on eras like Gaga. Most people don’t even bother with the way they look tbh. We truly stan the queen of music and style. 

Not this time, and if the next era is jazz it won't be as good :bradley:

A Popster Is Born 10,029
7 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I think when pop is flopping and at Gaga's age, the uphill battle with radio etc collabs for this project is maximising the commercial potentiall, and I'd love a Dua collab. She could put a solo song out alongside it at the same time like what Taylor did exile/Cardigan. 

Not this time, and if the next era is jazz it won't be as good :bradley:

the C2C era was good imo, I liked it better than ARTPOP's one

tbh the last iconic era I've witnessed was 1989 in 2014-2016

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
31 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

a quick reminder if radio is strong enough this weekend for positions, she will debut on the Monday edition of the Hot 100 and can not get the #1 DEBUT next week

I think Scooter will make sure this doesnt happen if hes confident in thr song going #1

21 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Honestly people have been saying this a lot about Ariana and I just think it goes to show that you're not a fan + you don't know her music. From My Everything to Dangerous Woman the evolution is obvious. Then she ditches electro-pop (but not entirely) for a more r&b/trap sound in Sweetener which was then further accentuated in Thank U, Next. Mind you these two albums were released months apart so it's natural that they aren't radically different. Ariana has a career spanning like 7 years and she has had at least three major transformations in her sound/aesthethic. From girly childish red ponytail to sexy seductress to african american woman who speaks aave and sings r&b

2f1FsCk.gif

• lol 2