Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

The Fame Popster 305
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Oh, that pathetic fat 30+ loser has always been pressed by me LOL

Is it really that necessary to be insulting people like this? This is a pop music forum. It’s not that serious.

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,666
19 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Oh, that * has always been pressed by me LOL literally every one of those meltdowns there's a stab at one I'm saying... The comparisons to those albums are extremely valid and HELP Chromatica.. He has absolutely no idea about charts and just repeats the same thing 'the #5 peaking stupid love should've been played on radio more!' A wannabe bless him :ohyes:

Rihported rihanna riri GIF

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,810
18 minutes ago, Hejira said:

Is it really that necessary to be insulting people like this? This is a pop music forum. It’s not that serious.

Yes in this instance.... I'm sick of it. He stalks my posts then does paragraphs trying to take a stab at me. :war:

Edited by admin
Language
  • paws up 2

Kindness Admin 7,530
14 minutes ago, Hejira said:

11 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yes in this instance.... I'm sick of it. He stalks my posts then does paragraphs trying to take a stab at me. He's a boring moron... :war:

It is too much. Similarly, you can you dislike things without being aggressive and calling them s**t. Thanks. 

Please stay on topic. 

Kindness Admin 7,530

Positions #10 on AM US. 

I love to see Ari succeed. Hope it lasts, even if I’m not sold on the song yet myself. 

• paws up 1

53 minutes ago, JustJames said:

1. I heard Ari introduce Positions on Z100 (NYC) ~9AM EST; mornings are typically spent on traffic / weather before the morning show, so this is going to have insane AI if the biggest stations are already spinning it heavily.
2. The way they post the same points daily to remind everyone that: Chromatica's iTunes receipts are invalid due to Mood Ring, its Spotify receipts are thanks to Ari, its redemption can only come via [insert trendy artist of the week] feature, and its general receipts are as weak as [insert random pop album with 1 seemingly similar stat like BLACKOUT (because "the gays" were definitely a market labels targeted in '07 under GW Bush) or CHANGES (because Gaga got SL to #2 by offering signed jockstraps to an aging tween fan-base)].

NOBODY needs a reminder of how weak Chromatica ended, but not only is each (ATRL-inspired) comparison a reach at best, the underperformance of LG6 can NEVER be quantified. We have debut/peak receipts for SL, ROM, 911 MV, and Chromatica to show huge interest in Gaga on every platform WW + shocking downward trajectory - shocking NOT because it coincided with a concerted effort to regain that interest/demand, but because NO effort was made despite Gaga being the most promo-sensitive artist in the world. Thinking you need to humble Gaga fans w/ comparisons like "Xtina's 'Mi Reflejo' vs. 'Chromatica' week 77" is annoying, illogical, and insulting. 

Even if it were a fact-based narrative that Ari saved Chromatica, I don't need to pretend that I enjoy her new music any more than I do. It feels reductive to mention Ari's less-impressive collabs/projects (boyfriend, DCMA, GAH, SWU), but there are a Million-Reasons.mp3 Gaga has been able to build and re-build a massive, diverse group of fans over 12 yrs and still hit the debut/peak #s she did on YT, Spotify, MC, Pop Radio, etc. for a 'failed' era in 2020... and the ~5 lines Ari contributed to LG6 are not on that list. 

The way you dragged that "fan" with so much grace, arguments and intelligence!

tenor.gif

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,189
Just now, gabrielflorin01 said:

The music video for Ava Max's debut single, "My Way", is no longer available on YouTube, as it's now set to private. :classic_sad:

We don't want it anyways

Enigma.thumb.jpg.493f64deeb622b3e51aa3f0

It's the only song from her early droplets that I don't like

A Popster Is Born 12,810
13 minutes ago, entela said:

The way you dragged that "fan" with so much grace, arguments and intelligence!

tenor.gif

How many dupes do you own?! 

tenor.gif

OT:

More britney comparisons on the way - perfect example of an actual good comparison, that helps Gaga.. Speaking of ATRL and comparisons... Interesting that someone was on a dupe account in SYG getting Gaga dragged by Swifties posting France receipts @JustJames

Let's not set Gaga up. Next time keep me out of your essays, thanks! 

tenor.gif

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
6 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

The music video for Ava Max's debut single, "My Way", is no longer available on YouTube, as it's now set to private. :classic_sad:

It's been unavailable for some time already /: No one knows why did they do it.

6 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

We don't want it anyways

It's the only song from her early droplets that I don't like

I don't dislike it as intensely as you dislike ha

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

but i can surely live without it

Popster for Sale 57,189
7 minutes ago, entela said:

Not that redneck blocking Ariana in Australia and Canada too, on top of US itunes.

If that wasn't enough, he just went #1 on AM US, Ariana is #10.

Poor girl can't catch a break 

tenor.gif

Entela when she doesn't drag a female artist for 5 minutes

20180709220752_1531166910_still.jpg

Edited by Fame Romance
  • thanks 2
  • lol 7

The Fame Popster 333

I asked my BF "What is she saying?" as 'Positions' (or 'Presents' as he thought) played. That >50% of people here reacted similarly is a hilarious / sad indictment of Pop music and the industry in general right now. Even if it's a grower, why is it a foregone conclusion it'll be the #1 song in the US when it "sounds like Harleys in Hawaii" (BTW, I'm confused; I was told the GP "said NO!" to all things Katy, but if this debuts #1, how should Gaga proceed?!?) and is incoherent? 

BB100 has become a reflection of how large / committed a fanbase is and measures hype / star-power vs. demand / consumption. I get there isn't a perfect system to account for all forms of abuse, but we can literally predict a #1 debut for most big names because they have the # of fans needed to stream + buy en masse. The huge, double-digit, Wk 2 drops in 2020 show this is totally flawed. What's the incentive to produce innovative, quality music for big artists? Why should a BTS-Billie-Drake collab smash records before we know a single lyric / it could be :31s of jibberish?

At least Radio has the potential to measure exposure/reception in a market / reflect organic hits (exposure > recognition > requests > replay). But, request-driven AI needs weighting, because Ari likely got more spins in 6 hrs than ROM in 1 week. Allow labels to $ for exposure, but if it doesn't generate requests, it shouldn't count as consumption.

I'd be in favor of some combo of the following vs. the current system for BB100:
1. WEEK 1 = No streams/sales/AI/etc; WEEK 2+ = % increase / decrease relative to other songs.
2. Assign points to the placement on each Chart (Radio, Streaming, Sales) vs. gross figures.
3. Use familiarity (as in callout scores, but cross-platform measurement) as a condition of entry / to force turnover (songs with >X% FAM must be taken off PR after X wks of declining NET POS or something,..).
3. More transparency into sponsored playlisting on Radio/Streaming (+less weight), with request/demand-driven and new music playlists given prominence on each platform (+more weight).

• paws up 1
  • lol 1