Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

19 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Rain On Me spends longer on Billboard Japan than the US chart this week, being #98 and spending 21 weeks charting :classic_ninja:

Rain on Me spent longer on charts EVERYWHERE but US at this point.

The most tasteless country in the world with the most corrupted charts too.

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Yes, Luke Combs. One of the biggest country stars of the past two years. I think Ariana won't get to #1 for the rest of the week because country fans use Itunes more than stans do.

I read his song was not sent to radio because he already has one that's getting really heavy airplay, so even if Luke's song does slightly better in consumption, Ariana will always have the radio payola by her side

53 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

ITunes doesn't mean as much anymore tbh... I remember when Mood Ring was #1 on Itunes the entire Chromatica release weekend LOL

The way you like to mention it every time you get the chance :billie:

• thanks 1

Yesterday

Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande) by Lady Gaga +1,299,484 

Shallow by Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper +1,023,137 

Today

Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande) by Lady Gaga +1,321,937 

Shallow by Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper +1,036,801

• paws up 7

The Fame Popster 333
17 minutes ago, Andreu said:
  1. I read his song was not sent to radio because he already has one that's getting really heavy airplay, so even if Luke's song does slightly better in consumption, Ariana will always have the radio payola by her side
  2. The way you like to mention it every time you get the chance :billie:

1. I heard Ari introduce Positions on Z100 (NYC) ~9AM EST; mornings are typically spent on traffic / weather before the morning show, so this is going to have insane AI if the biggest stations are already spinning it heavily.
2. The way they post the same points daily to remind everyone that: Chromatica's iTunes receipts are invalid due to Mood Ring, its Spotify receipts are thanks to Ari, its redemption can only come via [insert trendy artist of the week] feature, and its general receipts are as weak as [insert random pop album with 1 seemingly similar stat like BLACKOUT (because "the gays" were definitely a market labels targeted in '07 under GW Bush) or CHANGES (because Gaga got SL to #2 by offering signed jockstraps to an aging tween fan-base)].

NOBODY needs a reminder of how weak Chromatica ended, but not only is each (ATRL-inspired) comparison a reach at best, the underperformance of LG6 can NEVER be quantified. We have debut/peak receipts for SL, ROM, 911 MV, and Chromatica to show huge interest in Gaga on every platform WW + shocking downward trajectory - shocking NOT because it coincided with a concerted effort to regain that interest/demand, but because NO effort was made despite Gaga being the most promo-sensitive artist in the world. Thinking you need to humble Gaga fans w/ comparisons like "Xtina's 'Mi Reflejo' vs. 'Chromatica' week 77" is annoying, illogical, and insulting. 

Even if it were a fact-based narrative that Ari saved Chromatica, I don't need to pretend that I enjoy her new music any more than I do. It feels reductive to mention Ari's less-impressive collabs/projects (boyfriend, DCMA, GAH, SWU), but there are a Million-Reasons.mp3 Gaga has been able to build and re-build a massive, diverse group of fans over 12 yrs and still hit the debut/peak #s she did on YT, Spotify, MC, Pop Radio, etc. for a 'failed' era in 2020... and the ~5 lines Ari contributed to LG6 are not on that list. 

• paws up 8
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
10 minutes ago, JustJames said:

1. I heard Ari introduce Positions on Z100 (NYC) ~9AM EST; mornings are typically spent on traffic / weather before the morning show, so this is going to have insane AI if the biggest stations are already spinning it heavily.
2. The way they post the same points daily to remind everyone that: Chromatica's iTunes receipts are invalid due to Mood Ring, its Spotify receipts are thanks to Ari, its redemption can only come via [insert trendy artist of the week] feature, and its general receipts are as weak as [insert random pop album with 1 seemingly similar stat like BLACKOUT (because "the gays" were definitely a market labels targeted in '07 under GW Bush) or CHANGES (because Gaga got SL to #2 by offering signed jockstraps to an aging tween fan-base)].

NOBODY needs a reminder of how weak Chromatica ended, but not only is each (ATRL-inspired) comparison a reach at best, the underperformance of LG6 can NEVER be quantified. We have debut/peak receipts for SL, ROM, 911 MV, and Chromatica to show huge interest in Gaga on every platform WW + shocking downward trajectory - shocking NOT because it coincided with a concerted effort to regain that interest/demand, but because NO effort was made despite Gaga being the most promo-sensitive artist in the world. Thinking you need to humble Gaga fans w/ comparisons like "Xtina's 'Mi Reflejo' vs. 'Chromatica' week 77" is annoying, illogical, and insulting. 

Even if it were a fact-based narrative that Ari saved Chromatica, I don't need to pretend that I enjoy her new music any more than I do. It feels reductive to mention Ari's less-impressive collabs/projects (boyfriend, DCMA, GAH, SWU), but there are a Million-Reasons.mp3 Gaga has been able to build and re-build a massive, diverse group of fans over 12 yrs and still hit the debut/peak #s she did on YT, Spotify, MC, Pop Radio, etc. for a 'failed' era in 2020... and the ~5 lines Ari contributed to LG6 are not on that list. 

this spillage.... 

Happy Go On GIF by Molang

so many points were made and I don't disagree with any single word you said.

• hugs 1

Popster for Sale 57,132
16 minutes ago, JustJames said:

I think he’s just ironic like most people here 

A Popster Is Born 12,762
5 hours ago, Andreu said:

I read his song was not sent to radio because he already has one that's getting really heavy airplay, so even if Luke's song does slightly better in consumption, Ariana will always have the radio payola by her side

The way you like to mention it every time you get the chance :billie:

Watching liddos meltdown with paragraphs no one reads is hilarious. It's a perfect example of how iTunes is irrelevant in 2020 when a Britney bonus track from a 4 year-old album can stay #1... But I guess certain fans wanted ari to underperform so they could claim gaga was solo success in the next meltdown :billie:

A Popster Is Born 12,762
26 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

I think he’s just ironic like most people here 

Oh, that person who is always been pressed by me LOL literally every one of those meltdowns there's a stab at one I'm saying... The comparisons to those albums are extremely valid and HELP Chromatica.. He has absolutely no idea about charts and just repeats the same thing 'the #5 peaking stupid love should've been played on radio more!' A wannabe bless him :ohyes:

Edited by admin
Language
  • lol 1